Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Era Application

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar

Era Application

I just applied to become a Pr (wish me luck), however the first time i submitted i wroted 30000 words X.x
    I felt this is wrong, because i know i do not type that much.

I have had to remove so much from my application now Could you please remove this word limit, or check that it actually counts words correctly.
    Thanks for reading.
    Bulletzone
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

It goes by characters typed, not words. They most likely won't ever increase the 11,000 character cap because staff don't want to read extremely long applications (and I don't blame them), combined with the fact that lots of people are applying. Their job is tough as it is. Increasing application length won't make their job easier.

Big Cheese
    No offense to you. I understand you're worried about your application, but why make a thread? Again no offense, but just why?
    Returned... I think. Lmao. I missed all of y'all <3

Quote Originally Posted by CluTch View Post
    No offense to you. I understand you're worried about your application, but why make a thread? Again no offense, but just why?
    He has a point. You do know that we can't vote for who is PR, right?
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by CluTch View Post
    Hey, I once had a friend named clutch. Was your IGN perhaps Clutchmoneydestruction once? (Sorry for forumers for being off topic)

The reason he made the thread was to ask the people in charge of applications to lower the character count so players have more freedom to write what they want.

Remember that it already takes a very long time to read applications, and having a whole clutter of words together just makes it even longer. Just find shortcuts to your answers, staff don't want people who can make essays, they want people who can do the job.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Banned
    I made an application the exceeded 11,000 words. It was a while back when there was sort of an essay format.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    The reason he made the thread was to ask the people in charge of applications to lower the character count so players have more freedom to write what they want.

Remember that it already takes a very long time to read applications, and having a whole clutter of words together just makes it even longer. Just find shortcuts to your answers, staff don't want people who can make essays, they want people who can do the job.
    I wouldn't take this advice (not to be rude)
    But writing and taking your time shows dedication and the time you have for the job itself.
    Looking for shortcuts to an application isn't the best way to do it, sure you can have it short but It has to exceed expectations if you're cutting it short.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Banned
    I typed mine in 5 mins or less.

You're not told to include what you're good in, they want short-phrases that contain key points to why you should be chosen.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    He has a point. You do know that we can't vote for who is PR, right?
    I'm not worried, I was just questioning whether they count the characters or the words.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"