Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Make EC an item that can be traded.

Banned

Make EC an item that can be traded.

On the other two servers where trading is available (Ol West & Zone), there are more items that can be traded rather than our current trade tables on Era. To fix this why not start with allowing EC to be a tradeable item. It would allow more trading and would allow people to make money a different way, instead of trading away their rare auction items they can simply sell off their coins. Zone does this with their "Zone Coins" so why can't we? Also it would allow friends to help one another when someone is saving up for an item, for example if a person has 80 EC and they wish to buy a flamethrower, this person can have their friends chip in so that the person may get the desired item. I am 100% sure there are plenty of people who would agree with this idea.

I like this idea, but everyone knows that it won't happen. Zone and Ol'West are different servers with lesser player counts, unlike Era. The admins will have so much to deal with if this was to ever get implemented.

Zones economy is ruined, it was bad managed.
    Ecs will not be tradeable, never will. Sorry!
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

The only exceptional I will ever agree to, relating to ECs is tradable EC items.
    I already see faults with being able to trade using ECs

1. People could be using 3 accounts to triple the EC they receive during a Free EC
    2. Brings down the whole idea of the Events
    3. Less value for the EC items
    4. Adapts laziness to the next generation, instead of attempting events, this concept is encouraging AFKing for Free EC and trading it.

These are the main points I've managed to pull out.

no, please no.

Quote Originally Posted by AceLion View Post
    Zones economy is ruined, it was bad managed.
    Ecs will not be tradeable, never will. Sorry!
    ^^ true

Banned
    I am not suggesting that players AFK for EC (though there are plenty that do), however I am stating that even people who wish to play events can trade their EC away, also with these EC item giveaways that happens every so often its hard to say that there is any "value" to these items. If someone gets randomly selected to win a chemical gun and another person a flamethrower what does that tell you exactly? There are some people who work extremely hard for it and yet others get it just by simply sharing a page? The same could be said about the 5 EC that was given away on instagram a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Adelphos View Post
    I am not suggesting that players AFK for EC (though there are plenty that do), however I am stating that even people who wish to play events can trade their EC away, also with these EC item giveaways that happens every so often its hard to say that there is any "value" to these items. If someone gets randomly selected to win a chemical gun and another person a flamethrower what does that tell you exactly? There are some people who work extremely hard for it and yet others get it just by simply sharing a page? The same could be said about the 5 EC that was given away on instagram a few days ago.
    It's already bad why make it worst, this is why I say no for EC trading. I mean, if this concept of yours was implemented, imagine the percentage increase of players with items worth over 100 ECs.

Banned
    If you honestly wish to talk about ruined economy I hate to tell you this but other than Classic, Era is the worst server for making money, unlike Ol West which allows one to get ahead without micro transactions, Era is almost impossible to get ahead in unless you put money in. Ive played Ol West, and during my time there I was able to earn: The full game without spending a dime, a guild for myself, 3 guns, 4 horses, farm plots, 2 heads and 3 bodies.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont take offense to my comments as I love Era and always will, however I am displeased with how it is becoming, the game to me feels half finished especially since all of the above that Ive said can be done on iEras predecessor EraPC. There are key elements that COULD be brought over from the PC counterpart however it seems like it never will be, and that to me is a shame because if you had iEra and EraPC as separate apps the latter would have such a larger playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Adelphos View Post
    If you honestly wish to talk about ruined economy I hate to tell you this but other than Classic, Era is the worst server for making money, unlike Ol West which allows one to get ahead without micro transactions, Era is almost impossible to get ahead in unless you put money in. Ive played Ol West, and during my time there I was able to earn: The full game without spending a dime, a guild for myself, 3 guns, 4 horses, farm plots, 2 heads and 3 bodies.
    It's a commercial strategy to pull players to the game, iZone and iWest allows you to earn money easier while they are trying to push up the player base. When it reaches 1000+ jobs will be dimmed down, this process was undergone by Era and Classic as well.