Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New M4A3 skin please!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by isaiah View Post
    Can ak74 uSD have a suitcase attachment I really think that id kool because the gun is fancy
    PM Sam that and you'll be blocked.

Please keep thread on topic.

And the thread is meant to be a request for skins...so what's wrong with people who are here for skins?

However, I am aware that it is a challenge to make skins for m4a3 given its animation files so do understand and see this request for more m4a3 skins from a different perspective, from Bitzsam's point of view. It may be easy to ask but it isn't easy to make one so no point trying to request for m4a3 gun skins especially after he has given you his reasons for not making the skins.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    There's no need for gun skins???
    Pfft, what world are you living in? Earth 2?

Skins are most needed for guns.

It's just the problem of having to create the graphics and gani for each of them. Yet, you signed up for a "Guns Admin", but you think skins are useless? Oh come on...

Hopefully there is a player than has lots of time to make this happen. More skins.
    Gun skins didn't even exist when I was originally hired, if I was never given the position there is a very high chance you wouldn't have gun skins in the first place. As I have also previously stated, things such as gun skins are all additional things that if are added it is because I went out of my way. The gun admin position to all before me required only to make up stats and balance guns, nothing more.

The reason why other people don't do the skins is because for starters, the graphic themselves isn't the issue, it's the animating and editing the guns scripts to allow for skins, and then adding them to the levels. Things that players can't do, and because I don't want it to be a staff priority when again, nobody will ever be satisfied with the skins they have (again using the same example where bar/m4 both have the most skins in the game, yet people still ask for more).

The reason why I don't accept player skins is because most of them are just basic recolours or minor edits, and the rest to be honest, just aren't good enough to be used in game- which would ruin what I have been going for where the majority of guns all have similar styles to create unity. Just look at ol west/ zone, most of their guns are made by different people and it just looks like an ugly mess.
    Don't think that means player made content will never be added, if I see something I think is a very good concept or is a good design (that is made originally and not just from an edit of one of my previous guns) then I may add it. One example of a gun that a player made and had added was the fmg9 by ghost/#5. The original graphic wasn't even properly shaded but the shape of the gun/the case flip views were good enough that I edited it and added it to the game for them.

Also the "lazy" comment is just funny to me. Using what I said earlier about anything i've done other than just scripting and balancing (graphics, ganis, skins, more attachments, different types of guns- snipers-lmgs) wouldn't be in the game if I was "lazy".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    so your saying you can make like 7+ skins for the vector but not one more skin for the m4a3, ok....
    For starters, the vector only has 3-6 gani files so 4-5 skins could be made in the time it took for 1 m4a3 skins. Also I wasn't even the one who did those vector skins

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    PM Sam that and you'll be blocked.
    I don't block people, but yea ak74u already has a light so it won't get a suitcase

- - - Updated - - -

"All that stuff." Which means holding contests for Gun Skins or making gun skins. Tell you this, Suyo-kun... Blitz or Itzsam, forgot his name, should be holding contests once a month or so. It's nice to see other people's work, but it's better when they get to make more skins.

ItzsamLoL, once said that skins are a waste of time and blah blah... Though they are not. They are just time consuming. He should hold his title of 'Guns Admin' by creating more contests and making more skins. No matter how long it takes, because that is what one staff signs up for. Work.

No matter how hard or easy it is, work is work. Don't expect your job to be easy. If it is, make it a challenge. Bitz.
    Just to reiterate, "gun contests" are not something that I have to host. It was something I decided to do because I wanted to give some players a chance, name 1 gun related contest that happened when I wasn't in this position.

------
    An additional reason why m4a3 isn't getting another skin is because whenever gun skins are added, especially to exclusive guns there is a butterfly effect. If m4a3 was given another skin, p2k users would go "m4a3 got a new skin, why can't p2k" same for psg, vector owners will probably complain etc. It's what happens everytime, and the main reason why only 200k guns that are store guns get the gold camo, because it is more fair if they get it for being the most expensive, instead of adding it to shipka or m4. Because then people would say "why does m4 get a gold skin but not my aa12 etc etc"

Just enjoy the stats.
    ”If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.“ - Inspire Gang News

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Gun skins didn't even exist when I was originally hired, if I was never given the position there is a very high chance you wouldn't have gun skins in the first place. As I have also previously stated, things such as gun skins are all additional things that if are added it is because I went out of my way. The gun admin position to all before me required only to make up stats and balance guns, nothing more.

The reason why other people don't do the skins is because for starters, the graphic themselves isn't the issue, it's the animating and editing the guns scripts to allow for skins, and then adding them to the levels. Things that players can't do, and because I don't want it to be a staff priority when again, nobody will ever be satisfied with the skins they have (again using the same example where bar/m4 both have the most skins in the game, yet people still ask for more).

The reason why I don't accept player skins is because most of them are just basic recolours or minor edits, and the rest to be honest, just aren't good enough to be used in game- which would ruin what I have been going for where the majority of guns all have similar styles to create unity. Just look at ol west/ zone, most of their guns are made by different people and it just looks like an ugly mess.
    Don't think that means player made content will never be added, if I see something I think is a very good concept or is a good design (that is made originally and not just from an edit of one of my previous guns) then I may add it. One example of a gun that a player made and had added was the fmg9 by ghost/#5. The original graphic wasn't even properly shaded but the shape of the gun/the case flip views were good enough that I edited it and added it to the game for them.

Also the "lazy" comment is just funny to me. Using what I said earlier about anything i've done other than just scripting and balancing (graphics, ganis, skins, more attachments, different types of guns- snipers-lmgs) wouldn't be in the game if I was "lazy".

- - - Updated - - -

For starters, the vector only has 3-6 gani files so 4-5 skins could be made in the time it took for 1 m4a3 skins. Also I wasn't even the one who did those vector skins

- - - Updated - - -

I don't block people, but yea ak74u already has a light so it won't get a suitcase

- - - Updated - - -

Just to reiterate, "gun contests" are not something that I have to host. It was something I decided to do because I wanted to give some players a chance, name 1 gun related contest that happened when I wasn't in this position.

------
    An additional reason why m4a3 isn't getting another skin is because whenever gun skins are added, especially to exclusive guns there is a butterfly effect. If m4a3 was given another skin, p2k users would go "m4a3 got a new skin, why can't p2k" same for psg, vector owners will probably complain etc. It's what happens everytime, and the main reason why only 200k guns that are store guns get the gold camo, because it is more fair if they get it for being the most expensive, instead of adding it to shipka or m4. Because then people would say "why does m4 get a gold skin but not my aa12 etc etc"
    psg has more skins

Well, Bitz, this isn't old iEra now. This is new iEra. Talk about the present and the future, not the past.
    There are so many people that are creative on iEra, it's just the fact that when contests are hosted, nobody advertises it on iEra. If it was, I believe new and better skins would appear on iEra.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Banned
    The hell man, don't quote one entire long post and just comment a 4-word sentence.

He already said people who requests for skins are never gonna stop requesting.

They don't call the shots, he does.

Well, Bitz, this isn't old iEra now. This is new iEra. Talk about the present and the future, not the past.
    There are so many people that are creative on iEra, it's just the fact that when contests are hosted, nobody advertises it on iEra. If it was, I believe new and better skins would appear on iEra.
    Idk...He has a valid point. Only thing I miss in gun skins is skins such as ion gun(ec) exceptionel from the new gold bar that's ugly.

But, iera is changing however they began using stalls...which look very similar to ol west style and maybe the +palette. Gun skins should stick to guns admin(s). Player made content didn't impressed me a bit so far considering skins.

How about give us all the option to make our own skins and let us upload it for 50000 gralats....So everybody is happy

"Everyone's a Falcon"
    www.KrioleGFX.weebly.com
    In Game Name: ItsKriole
    Since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kriole View Post
    How about give us all the option to make our own skins and let us upload it for 50000 gralats....So everybody is happy
    No, because for every gun skin upload, the skin still has to be gani'd and scripted for each individual skin, and (I feel like all I do is have to repeat myself) because for the same reason why more normal skins aren't added, is because then you have all these different looking guns and then you don't even know what gun is what anymore, and the majority of them won't look good anyway and will turn the guns into zone/west.