Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Applying 4 times is bad?

Being friends with an admin is kinda hard since they just ignore you about 1-5 pms. It's like you're a noob and your asking for items in the trading tables :C. Our only hope is new hired staff members

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry View Post
    Vendhin was hired through Reno but that's a different story.
    Lol

Pretty sure being friends with admins is a great boost to becoming a pr. I'm friends with lots of staff members, from Player Relations, to Newspaper Staff, BUT. You must know your stuff, and applying 4 times lowers your chances instead of increasing it.

iEra: Brian Graal
    YouTube: Brian Graal

We must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy.
    -Albus Dumbledore

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Being friends with an admin is kinda hard since they just ignore you about 1-5 pms. It's like you're a noob and your asking for items in the trading tables :C. Our only hope is new hired staff members
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Lucero View Post
    You can apply all you want, but they won't take you.

As I said in my ticket a while back, "They don't even read your application unless you're great friends with an already hired staff. You can not become a staff without becoming great friends with the team. I swear to God. That's the sad truth behind how biased some staff are."

These things may be true of the current application hiring, and it does and doesn't make sense. Want to view pm me? Do not derail the thread
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Lucero View Post
    You can apply all you want, but they won't take you.

As I said in my ticket a while back, "They don't even read your application unless you're great friends with an already hired staff. You can not become a staff without becoming great friends with the team. I swear to God. That's the sad truth behind how biased some staff are."
    I could not disagree more to this , other then trolling a staff at beach bar and a 20 word conversation with a PR in the mines I didn't know any of the staff before I was hired. Give open and honest answers on application and there shouldn't be a problem being hired if you are applying for the right reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdetroit View Post
    I could not disagree more to this , other then trolling a staff at beach bar and a 20 word conversation with a PR in the mines I didn't know any of the staff before I was hired. Give open and honest answers on application and there shouldn't be a problem being hired if you are applying for the right reasons.
    I couldn't disagree more with that second sentence. My original comments weren't intended at you. You're a great staff. But, when you said that if you "Give open and honest answers on application and there shouldn't be a problem being hired if you are applying for the right reasons", I have problems with that statement, however, I don't feel like pouring out all of my reasons and torturing my keyboard. Maybe on another thread. I know over 4 staff who got in almost solely because they have a friend on the team, but I won't expose them and give names for their sake.

Back on topic.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Okay, lemme answer the poor soul's question:
    Applying 4 times does not increase your chances of being hired, it just gets annoying as staff members receive thousands of applicants, so your extra applications do not help. Just submit 1 application every 3 months. Be honest in your application and know what you are applying for.

/close thread
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

In my opinion, putting one application is enough, especially in a short time period. There's no reason to put in multiple. Make sure you're answers are 100% complete before you think about sending them in. I've heard of people using word to type their answers out, and even come back later to see if they want to fix anything before sending in the full application. Staff do not want to read multiple applications by the same person, so basically only one will most likely be reviewed. Do what you will though. It may or may not decrease your chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

Off-topic but whatever...

Yo Terry started playing too? Wtf? Why is DragCave spreading like fire?
    Have a question? PM me!

My Favorite Dragon:

Click them and give them views!!

Me got banned at pr cannot be pr any more