Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My view on trading as a whole. August 10, 2013

Post My view on trading as a whole. August 10, 2013

Trading. Its era's economy in a sense, and the most common activity done on average. But why do people trade? I view it as this; people buy an item. They should be satisfied with the item they purchased and not sell it for another. Why people do it? Here's your answer.
    AsapSCIENCE, a YouTube channel, made a video saying that money can buy happiness. Now in Era terms, we will use items instead. Getting an item makes people feel good. We, as humans, are adaptive to change. People enjoy change, and some despise it. But what does this have to do with happiness and recieving an item? Well if we get scientific about it, this is how it goes down. Getting an item might be a good experience, which can cause your brain to release a chemical called dopamine. Dopamine is what makes you as a human feel "good". Feeling good can be triggered by being with the one you love, having a fun experience, or in bad cases, using a narcotic. An item triggering that feeling may feel good for a little, but soon it will fade.
    So can money, or in this case, items buy happiness? In a short time case, I think I'd say yes.
    ~Enzosthename McHatin*
    Need Help?
    Lemme know! Send me a message.
    Name: Enzosthename
    Email: [email protected]

What I think is that people trade to make a profit, they try to earn more, little by little. That's how some people have so many rares. Well thats my opinion.

Need help? Just Message me I will gladly help!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel2874 View Post
    What I think is that people trade to make a profit, they try to earn more, little by little. That's how some people have so many rares. Well thats my opinion.
    And the people that scam and such. That's another consideration. And the same effect (as in dopamine) I assume, judging by my study.
    Need Help?

What you said about people should be satisfied with what they bought sums up what I think about trading. I personally think that auctions often end unfairly because people buy items that they don't want just to use a trading tool when other people bid for the item because they want it to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    What you said about people should be satisfied with what they bought sums up what I think about trading. I personally think that auctions often end unfairly because people buy items that they don't want just to use a trading tool when other people bid for the item because they want it to keep.
    You're right with that. I do trade occasionally but buying an item just to give away in a minute is a waste of gralats and time..
    Need Help?

I think iera is becoming a melee server . _ .

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFboy117 View Post
    I think iera is becoming a melee server . _ .
    They have improved it slightly now with releasing new guns but before when no guns got released for ages just melees and hats then it was pointless.

I like his theory, its pure genius. I'm a hardcore trader, yet I don't actually believe in happiness by accomplishment, I believe that being pit into a different scenario and trying to come out on top is satisfying in its own way.

Hmm I'd say I like trading for the fun of talking to the person, getting him to accept my offer, that's my fun. There's also breaking high scores.

Sodapop
    Quote Originally Posted by MunGraalian View Post
    Hmm I'd say I like trading for the fun of talking to the person, getting him to accept my offer, that's my fun. There's also breaking high scores.
    Says the guy who ruined the prices, oh and I remember you would use to curse people out in trade tables and steal people's trades lmao #justsaying