Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

47 45.63%
  • no

56 54.37%
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: BAR nerf

Why nerf the gun? Leave it alone. If you know how to PK you can murk a bar noob any day. I do it all the time. What's a bar to a sawed ak

To be honest I stop reading whenever people start to say "When in spar". (Yes it's amazing I don't like shooting in a box)

As a gamer you probably don't want to join a game to get instantly killed with 5-6 shots. (Starter pistol is 10-25 hits to kill) Most would think to...
    1.)Avoid anyone using that gun so you don't die.
    2.)Buy the same gun too cheese other players.

The defense of the weapons is usually...
    1.)Don't remove my 5-6 hit, fully automatic assault rifle, 20 clip weapon. Totes doesnt sound Op and the incarnation of bull and cheese.
    2.)I spent real money/worked for it.(Should've known a nerf/buff is coming as it's one of the most Op weapons so it's your own fault a little.)

But if you are going to nerf the Rof on bar nerf the gm4 as well to balance out. Also acr is abit Op for it's price.

your paying approximately 60$ usd for an in game pixalated item. it deserves to be the best.
    I do LPs (lets plays) of many video games on almost every console, including Graal Era on ios! New Videos are added daily! Comment, thumbs up and subscribe! Each of those will help my channel grow and increase the consumer quality you all enjoy!
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyN64
    (feel free to contact me through email or graal era regarding my youtube channel or things on graal. ALL feedback is accepted.)
    Email- [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by SpyN64 View Post
    your paying approximately 60$ usd for an in game pixalated item. it deserves to be the best.
    But it's not even the best though and people who don't have it want it nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyN64 View Post
    Just like any free to play, Era is freeeeeeee. Using money is optional and up to the consumer's decision. Its like buying a nuke. Sure it's powerful but you must remember people will put laws and regulations on it due to its effectiveness. Should you invest in it or not? Same with bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo Rey Zephlyn View Post
    Just like any free to play, Era is freeeeeeee. Using money is optional and up to the consumer's decision. Its like buying a nuke. Sure it's powerful but you must remember people will put laws and regulations on it due to its effectiveness. Should you invest in it or not? Same with bar.
    You're comparing a deadly lethal nuke to a pixelated 2d gun?..
    and I've never heard of laws for nukes... lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX
    2 warnings and 1 infrac, you don't learn, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by *Z.D The Great
    ^ ? I only learn from the Best.
    Quote Originally Posted by hohi416
    You made the greatest mistake of your life lol

would you rather watch boku no pico series or live in attack on titan

watch some sht u said because ik attack on titans.. horrifying
    Quote Originally Posted by *Z.D The Great
    No, the greatest mistake was reading your msg.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo Rey Zephlyn View Post
    You're talking as if everyone owns a nuke and there has to be a law for having one.
    Only the government/ defence forces own nukes and I'm sure they are fully aware
    of how they should be using it.

I doubt there's a law for nukes...

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

The primary reason for wanting to nerf the BAR is to bring “skill-based play” back to the game.
    While I too would like to see skill become a requirement of competition, I cannot stand by a “yes” or “no” vote in this poll.

At this point in time, merely nerfing the BAR will not yield the results we are seeking.
    The BAR is not the only culprit; in fact, if it were brought to equilibrium, other outliers will reveal themselves—as other members have already pointed out.

The only way to effectively bring this server back to skill-based play would be to take each and every gun, lay them out based on price & type to establish tiers, and re-stat them all accordingly.
    In this process of re-statting, the focus should be uniqueness; there are enough stats to go around that no two guns of the same tier should be similar.

No pun intended—it has set the bar of what a top-tier gun should be, and each Gun Admin from that point forward has had to keep the BAR in mind when creating newer guns.
    In order to make the players’ purchase meaningful, top-tier guns have needed to compete with it on some level.

The only ethical time to single out the BAR—if any ever existed—was immediately following its release.
    To go back and try to fix this later—after other guns have already been created with it in mind— will further disrupt the balance; in addition to being unethical.

The only ethical way to bring skill-based play back into the server is to take an “all or nothing” approach”.
    In July 2014, we had this conversation about the BAR being nerfed, and the last statement made in my post was as follows:
    Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    II
    If their goal is to bring the server back to skill-based play and balance the guns with this standard in mind, they’re going to have to modify the guns globally and create a new starting point. The one we have now has very little variety to spark the interest of anybody that wants skill-based play.

Fortunately, this won’t ruin anybody’s purchase- if every gun is nerfed equally, they all have the same respective stats to one-another. The real problem with guns right now isn’t that they’re powerful, it’s that people can achieve victory using cheap tactics such as spamming. Low freeze on these guns is what makes spamming effective, since their movement isn’t impeded and they have no repercussions for doing it. This said, I would start with freeze.

If you added 0.04 freeze to every gun on the server, spamming on the server would decrease tremendously. While they would still be able to do it, it wouldn’t be as effective of a technique, since they would be more vulnerable while they were holding their fire button down. To put it in perspective:
    • BAR would go from 0.20 to 0.24 freeze, putting it at about the current freeze of an AK47(0.25). So just envision an AK47 dealing 10 damage.
    • Shipka would go from 0.21 to 0.25, which is exactly the current freeze of an ACR(0.25).
    • Souizen would go from 0.12 to 0.16—which is the current freeze of a MetalStorm(0.16).
    • Vulcan Minigun would go from 0.10 to 0.14, which is about the current freeze of a Ghost M4(0.145).
    • Respectively, the guns mentioned here would be: AK47(0.29), ACR(0.29), MetalStorm(0.20), GhostM4(0.185)

Spamming would still be possible, but not as effective as it currently is. People would be forced to apply more technique than simply holding their buttons down. And, while it would still be possible with guns such as the Souizen and Vulcan Minigun, they’d be much slower than they currently are, and they’re already met with counter stats that would be more prominently evident (Souizen’s long reload, or Minigun’s low damage).

Once this issue is addressed, and everybody’s not focusing on spamming, they’ll begin focusing on the other stats that make a gun unique, and relieve the Gun Admins from the pressure of having to compromise freeze so that people would make the purchase. The players would be more appreciative of these, and instead, make their purchases based on things such as clip size, reload freeze, spread, and rate of fire. Hell—even the graphic would play a large role in stats—the bullet being positioned at the barrel enables longer guns to shoot over walls, and shorter guns to wreak havoc close-range, and emphasize spread more.

Our society needs to identify what it wants, and put faith in somebody to see through that it happens.
    You can't dance around the elephant in the room forever.
    The recommendation to add 0.04 freeze to every gun was made, but there was a kink in the system, so it was ultimately reverted:
    Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    The only thing that was supposed to be impacted was the freeze;
    It appears fire rate has also been effected by the change.

Freeze isn't supposed to impact fire rate; they're two entirely different stats.

This is a bug and we're addressing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the inconvenience, peeps.

iEra is scripted in a way that we cannot separate freeze from fire rate-- fire rate hinges on freeze, so when we nerfed freeze, fire rate was heavily impacted.

Obviously, since nerfing fire rate wasn't the intent, it's all been switched back to normal.

It's funny, when I was a GA in 2008 on PC Era, I was able to alter freeze and fire rate independently.
    It seems with the transfer to iEra, the stats have been joined.

It's a real shame because, one of the main counters to a high fire rate is a high freeze.
    on iEra, the only comparable stat we can change to counter a high fire rate is damage.
    It really limits our flexibility.

My sincerest apologies; I take full wraps for this.
    Again- Everything is back to normal.
    Given that this change would be a hard pill for the community to swallow, I’ve actually given up on trying to balance the server at large.
    I’ve instead put my efforts towards the Multiplex project, which will facilitate an environment for those players who seek skill-based play, by eliminating the element of weapon advantage.

With Multiplex, I have created a separate gun script that addresses the above issue, and treats freeze and fire rate as individual stats.
    Hence, they can be adjusted independently of one-another with the Multiplex Gun.

Cited sources:
    Era-Go thread: The Bar
    Era-Go thread: Weapon Stat Changes
    Tune in for live streaming action from gang bases, events, and other iEra activities, with commentary!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
    nerf it NERF IT nerf it NERF IT
    Nerf Nerf Nerf! I love taytay swift.

That's the funny part buy a gun using real life money just to use us and nerf the gun