Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Player honesty (Gifts test)

Player honesty (Gifts test)

So out of boredom i did a test of the honesty of the players in era regarding gifts.

I gifted two people claiming to buy gifts at 100 tro each(for 500$ present) and no not because i wanted the tro.

Both scammed me for 5 presents, one tried to talk me into 10 presents before trading 1k tro claiming its easier lol.

Then i tested gift 4 gift players.

4 out of 5 scammed me lol.

This gifting system is LOL, and the players...shame on you.

What do you expect when everything is based on trades, where it usualy ends up in scams. I mean, these "gifts" aren't even gifts anymore. A lot of people aren't in the spirit, just greedy. There was a post long ago, I believe by Snake, that the drop system was meant as a way to gift players, and of course it became something like this. Hence why we now have trade tables, to prevent a lot of this scamming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    What do you expect when everything is based on trades, where it usualy ends up in scams. I mean, these "gifts" aren't even gifts anymore. A lot of people aren't in the spirit, just greedy.
    Agreed, i bet less then 1% of the player base has given away a single gift not expecting something in return. Pathetic really.

Lol?
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Rodgers View Post
    Lol?
    Care to elaborate?

What do you expect when everything is based on trades, where it usualy ends up in scams. I mean, these "gifts" aren't even gifts anymore. A lot of people aren't in the spirit, just greedy. There was a post long ago, I believe by Snake, that the drop system was meant as a way to gift players, and of course it became something like this. Hence why we now have trade tables, to prevent a lot of this scamming.
    Then why don't you just let us open gifts that someone traded to us.
    Simple.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

Its doing the opposite though, scammimg is at a all time high.

Scamming is legal. There is no right or wrongs when it comes to scamming.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Scamming is legal. There is no right or wrongs when it comes to scamming.
    Thats true, but is it right?

Last year in iClassic I gave away tons of free gifts not expecting something in return, when I slept, I woke up seeing 200 gifts in my house.
    iClassic was nice and kind last year, I bet it's different now, also did this in iEra, I woke up getting about 80 gifts. or something.

Don't remember much of it, but iEra also has nice people 25% of the 80 gifts were by a single person.

Graphic Artist | Photographer | I like playing with Polymer Clay | Pizza Eater | I want to bake a cake.