Thread: Multiplex - My Opinion and Idea.

Zephlyn

Multiplex - My Opinion and Idea.

If you're a recent player, you had would heard about the upcoming project coming on the January 30th, i'm talking about Multiplex, the "dead" to the un-balanced spars, on this thread you'll find my opinion, ideas and some information.

So if you had noticed, near Astro's there is a new and big building, well, that's where Multiplex most likely it will take place, going more deep to the topic, Multiplex is a building like Spar Complex, where you can spar, play, and do activities with your gang but only with the condition of having one gun, this gun will have similar stats to the M4, and the stats can be modified as the player wants to.

The system to modify the gun will work on the following way: you'll have a certain amount of points (for example; 12) and you can be able to waste those points to modify certain stats, such as freeze, damage, fire rate, etc. For example, the cost of the damage would be 6 points, so if you want to add damage to your gun, you'll have to waste 6 points, but 1HP of damage will be added to the gun, and all of this apply to every category, of course the price of the points are different, for example the freeze might be costing 2 points, so if you want to reduce your freeze, you'll have to waste 2 points, and same applies with every stats.

The objective of this, was of course implement a fair and skilled way of playing into the game, where every gun is balanced, among other objectives. So if you're a player that is tired of losing all the time on the Spar Complex because the opponent always use a unbalanced gun, Multiplex is your place! Over there you could prove skills, and also you could prove who is actually the best player. Because right now someone could have 10k spar wins easily by using a OP gun, but then there are people with 5k wins, that actually are more skilled and better than the 10K player, but he doesn't use a OP gun.

Among other objectives of implementing Multiplex, there will be certain modes to play with your gang, such as gang wars, tag team, etc, making your game more fun and interesting.

So this is all I could tell about Multiplex, all this information was not created since I navigated through forums and took some information from there, I had also talked with Anero about this and he gave me more information.

So now since you have a idea of Multiplex and the upcoming project, I will tell you the problems that it may bring Multiplex.

First of all, and in my opinion the worst thing that could happen, on the point of view of a sparrer, the abandon of the Spar Complex, many people will say that is good because the community over there was mean and all of that, but making the spar community be dead will make the goal of sparring being harder to achieve, and for the new players almost impossible to even reach 7k wins, and i'm scared to have the building of Spar Complex being abandoned, as it did with Underground Spar (Underground Spar is not 100% abandoned but don't get me wrong, right now few people goes to that place).

Another thing i'm scared to happen is to have the Multiplex dead too, due to the demand of players that likes the to play with OP guns, they wouldn't think 2 times to assist to Multiplex, Multiplex is based only for having skill, and a place where no OP guns can be used, so the major amount of people will refrain of assisting there, since they would prefer of using a OP gun, and if you think that this is most likely not to happen, think about Neo Base, before it was brought to the game, players said that it was gonna be the best base ever, they were gonna add a base were skill was gonna take place, and the players couldn't heal at all, making it a base were only skill was needed, look what it is now, the most hated base on iEra, people prefer the OP than the balanced.

Other problem that the Multiplex could bring, is that on a matter of days, a variable for the Multiplex gun will be found, and this variable would be the best variable would be the best out of all, so it will be used by everyone, and the point of having customizable stats will be useless.

But all of this possible effects of Multiplex can be avoid, because I have some ideas to make Multiplex the most interesting and fun place ever on the game.

Ok starting with my first idea, similar to the new BO3 feature that they had added this year, you should be able to create your own skin, to your own gun, this would make your gun more unique, and it would be really cool to see different designs of guns being added to the game, you may be thinking that the system could be "broken", by designing your gun and putting a lot of innapropiate things into it, such as rude words, or other things
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but the system will similar to the system we got right now for uploading customs, you download a template on your PC, you make your own gun, and upload it to Era, that would eliminate all the innapropiate things that could be added, and you could make the gun as you want. But don't worry about the argument saying that admins will have extra work, I was thinking of some ideas to make it less annoying to PR's, and I got a idea of only being able to upload 1 skin per hour, and it will cost 20k, so you PR's won't receive a bunch of PM's to allow the skins.

Another idea that would kill the possible problem that Multiplex will cause of having only one variable, is to be able to change the stats on a menu, decimal by decimal, this will make a lot of more options for your gun, and would kill the idea of having points to change the stats of your gun, which to be honest I didn't liked it a lot. Also, for not making it OP the idea of having a menu to change the stats everywhere you want, you will be able to change the stats with the menu only on the lobby of Multiplex, so you won't be able to change the stats everywhere you are.

And the last idea, is to add attachments to your gun, with a maximum of 2 or 3 attachments per gun, you could add a laser to your gun, for reducing the spread, or could add fast magazines to your gun, for making the reload faster, or you could even add extended magazines, to adding more clip to your gun! This idea would make the guns more personal and the variables of the guns more creative.

So those were my opinions and ideas, so have a good day and remember;

"Skill-based play, alongside tons of older players, is returning to Era iPhone. Don't say I didn't warn you" - Anero.

So I can make a 6 dmg m4 with the freeze of a spectre and fire rate of a socom? With the m4 spread. That would be legitness... I would make hella low freeze. But I too fear complex will be abandoned to some extent. None the less. Super excited to try it out. I'm one of those 5k players that can compete with 25k players. Due to sparring players above my wins on an average day. Ive learned a lot more than those waiting for noobs at the beach spar. (Boosters with lots of wins like that are my favorite to spar) And something like the multiplex will be a great time to prove it. And to your worry about everyone using a certain variant of the gun being the best. That would actually continue making it balanced. And there is always a new possible "best" with the gun. As it depends on your play style.
    They want to see you do good.
    But never better than them.

Remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by D12* View Post
    If you're a recent player, you had would heard about the upcoming project coming on the January 30th, i'm talking about Multiplex, the "dead" to the un-balanced spars, on this thread you'll find my opinion, ideas and some information.

So if you had noticed, near Astro's there is a new and big building, well, that's where Multiplex most likely it will take place, going more deep to the topic, Multiplex is a building like Spar Complex, where you can spar, play, and do activities with your gang but only with the condition of having one gun, this gun will have similar stats to the M4, and the stats can be modified as the player wants to.

The system to modify the gun will work on the following way: you'll have a certain amount of points (for example; 12) and you can be able to waste those points to modify certain stats, such as freeze, damage, fire rate, etc. For example, the cost of the damage would be 6 points, so if you want to add damage to your gun, you'll have to waste 6 points, but 1HP of damage will be added to the gun, and all of this apply to every category, of course the price of the points are different, for example the freeze might be costing 2 points, so if you want to reduce your freeze, you'll have to waste 2 points, and same applies with every stats.

The objective of this, was of course implement a fair and skilled way of playing into the game, where every gun is balanced, among other objectives. So if you're a player that is tired of losing all the time on the Spar Complex because the opponent always use a unbalanced gun, Multiplex is your place! Over there you could prove skills, and also you could prove who is actually the best player. Because right now someone could have 10k spar wins easily by using a OP gun, but then there are people with 5k wins, that actually are more skilled and better than the 10K player, but he doesn't use a OP gun.

Among other objectives of implementing Multiplex, there will be certain modes to play with your gang, such as gang wars, tag team, etc, making your game more fun and interesting.

So this is all I could tell about Multiplex, all this information was not created since I navigated through forums and took some information from there, I had also talked with Anero about this and he gave me more information.

So now since you have a idea of Multiplex and the upcoming project, I will tell you the problems that it may bring Multiplex.

First of all, and in my opinion the worst thing that could happen, on the point of view of a sparrer, the abandon of the Spar Complex, many people will say that is good because the community over there was mean and all of that, but making the spar community be dead will make the goal of sparring being harder to achieve, and for the new players almost impossible to even reach 7k wins, and i'm scared to have the building of Spar Complex being abandoned, as it did with Underground Spar (Underground Spar is not 100% abandoned but don't get me wrong, right now few people goes to that place).

Another thing i'm scared to happen is to have the Multiplex dead too, due to the demand of players that likes the to play with OP guns, they wouldn't think 2 times to assist to Multiplex, Multiplex is based only for having skill, and a place where no OP guns can be used, so the major amount of people will refrain of assisting there, since they would prefer of using a OP gun, and if you think that this is most likely not to happen, think about Neo Base, before it was brought to the game, players said that it was gonna be the best base ever, they were gonna add a base were skill was gonna take place, and the players couldn't heal at all, making it a base were only skill was needed, look what it is now, the most hated base on iEra, people prefer the OP than the balanced.

Other problem that the Multiplex could bring, is that on a matter of days, a variable for the Multiplex gun will be found, and this variable would be the best variable would be the best out of all, so it will be used by everyone, and the point of having customizable stats will be useless.

But all of this possible effects of Multiplex can be avoid, because I have some ideas to make Multiplex the most interesting and fun place ever on the game.

Ok starting with my first idea, similar to the new BO3 feature that they had added this year, you should be able to create your own skin, to your own gun, this would make your gun more unique, and it would be really cool to see different designs of guns being added to the game, you may be thinking that the system could be "broken", by designing your gun and putting a lot of innapropiate things into it, such as rude words, or other things
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but the system will similar to the system we got right now for uploading customs, you download a template on your PC, you make your own gun, and upload it to Era, that would eliminate all the innapropiate things that could be added, and you could make the gun as you want. But don't worry about the argument saying that admins will have extra work, I was thinking of some ideas to make it less annoying to PR's, and I got a idea of only being able to upload 1 skin per hour, and it will cost 20k, so you PR's won't receive a bunch of PM's to allow the skins.

Another idea that would kill the possible problem that Multiplex will cause of having only one variable, is to be able to change the stats on a menu, decimal by decimal, this will make a lot of more options for your gun, and would kill the idea of having points to change the stats of your gun, which to be honest I didn't liked it a lot. Also, for not making it OP the idea of having a menu to change the stats everywhere you want, you will be able to change the stats with the menu only on the lobby of Multiplex, so you won't be able to change the stats everywhere you are.

And the last idea, is to add attachments to your gun, with a maximum of 2 or 3 attachments per gun, you could add a laser to your gun, for reducing the spread, or could add fast magazines to your gun, for making the reload faster, or you could even add extended magazines, to adding more clip to your gun! This idea would make the guns more personal and the variables of the guns more creative.

So those were my opinions and ideas, so have a good day and remember;

"Skill-based play, alongside tons of older players, is returning to Era iPhone. Don't say I didn't warn you" - Anero.
    Give this guy a medal.
    He just addressed every major problem with a plausible solution.
    The skin idea is the best.
    And as for the "best" variant, as Grandpa said, it all depends on play style. Some people will take low damage and no freeze, whereas some may pump up damage and have hella freeze.

This is a pretty nice idea.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

I am excited. Time to prove I can spar.

- - - Updated - - -

And make my own gun to kill streakers Г=<

Glad to see others excited about Multiplex! I just want to clear up a couple things and give my input on some of the concerns raised.
    Yes, you will be able to modify stats.
    However, we've been playing with the points since the initial conception video, and instead of having different point costs, we decided that it would be better if each stat was uniform.

The Multiplex Gun comes stock with with base stats, and will have 10 points to distribute.
    Each stat will cost 1 point to improve, and will each run on a scale of 0-10; so you'll only be able to max out one stat at a time.

The user will be able to improve their freeze, damage, spread, and Rate of Fire(RoF).
    They will be able to mix and match them in whatever combination they wish, until they have exhausted all 10 points.
    Some examples:
    • 5 Freeze + 5 RoF = 10 points exhausted
    • 3 Spread + 3 RoF + 3 Freeze + 1 Damage = 10 points exhausted
    • 10 Spread = 10 points exhausted

To quote the documentation regarding the Multiplex Gun,
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiplex Instruction Manual
    The only gun that players will be able to use in all Multiplex levels is the Multiplex Gun. With this gun, players will be able to customize the following stats: Damage, Freeze, Rate of Fire, and Spread. The plan is to have a terminal in the MPX lobby (similar to the Arcade games), where a GUI is populated that enables them to customize their guns, activated upon grabbing the terminal. In this GUI, they will make their customizations. They will have 10 points to distribute into the aforementioned stat categories to enhance them, in whatever combination they wish. Each stat category will have a scale from 0 to 10 which will indicate the level of that particular stat. Given the limitation of 10 points, they will have to make a choice on what stats they want enhanced, and which ones they want to forego. Testing has been done, and the stat benefits have been tweaked to where no stat combination will yield an “overpowered” gun.
    Correction: Gang Wars will not be part of Multiplex.

The abandon of the Spar Complex
    For every player that advocates "skill-based play", there is a player on the other side of the fence; who loves winning by the handicap of a superior gun.
    These players will outright avoid multiplex like the plague, because they simply came here to have fun, not "learn a skill".
    These players will continue to play the Spar Complex, with the other players of their kind.

Another thing i'm scared to happen is to have the Multiplex dead too, due to the demand of players that likes the to play with OP guns, they wouldn't think 2 times to assist to Multiplex, Multiplex is based only for having skill, and a place where no OP guns can be used, so the major amount of people will refrain of assisting there, since they would prefer of using a OP gun
    Again - We plan on there being a division. There will be people that outright avoid the Multiplex, because they simply don't want a challenge; and that's absolutely fine.
    I feel that there is a vast community of people out there that will appreciate a place without weapon advantage.

Evidence of this can be found on these forums as well as Graalians; in the many threads that advocate for the extermination of guns such as the Ghost M4 and BAR.

Long story short, we are simply dividing the players who want a challenge from those who prefer a handicap.
    We are providing a safe haven to those players who want the experience of applying their raw talent to the game, and continuously work on perfecting it without worrying about the variable of “OP Guns”.
    In my experience, I’ve found that this breed of players is the easiest to retain, so long as you continue to provide them the medium to perfect their abilities, free of change.

think about Neo Base, before it was brought to the game, players said that it was gonna be the best base ever, they were gonna add a base were skill was gonna take place, and the players couldn't heal at all, making it a base were only skill was needed, look what it is now, the most hated base on iEra, people prefer the OP than the balanced.
    I wouldn't say it's the "most hated base on Era".
    I know of a few select gangs, including Shrekt (GST 2016 winners), that actually prefer Neo Zone over any other base.

Most gangs avoid Neo Zone like the plague, simply because it requires a conscious effort to hold and defend; compared to the other bases.
    Additionally, they aren't rewarded any extra points, despite the added effort. Most people figure, "Screw this! I can get the same amount of points with significantly less effort at Tachi!"

It just appeals to those with a different preference- I personally find more enjoyment in raiding Neo Zone base, because I play for challenge and satisfaction.
    Most of the basing community just wants a place to rack up points.

The iEra community is very goal driven.
    This will work in the favor of Multiplex, because we plan on having rewards that will only be acquired through winning at Multiplex activities; In addition to a visible scoreboard that will display each gang(and individual)'s dominance over the competition.

We've been putting the gun through extensive testing, and are still in the process of doing so.
    Through this process, we've been tweaking the starting(base) stats, as well as the benefits each added point will give.
    Each time we tweak it, we test out different builds, including maxing out freeze/rof/spread, as well as many different combinations.

With each build, we are trying to make an OP gun. We are trying to make a build that outranks the others; and each time we think that we may have found one, we test it to determine if it is OP.
    More often than not, we come to the conclusion that the vulnerabilities that it has negates the benefit that we previously scrutinized.

Yes - knowing our community, there will likely be a build that people seem to gravitate to, because of its likeness to other guns that cater to their current play styles (Anero and I were playing with an M4 build today that we foresee being very popular).
    For my personal fighting style, I foresee myself putting a large amount of points into spread, and a few into freeze.

One thing that I think will be cool to see, is gang synchrony with stat selection.
    For certain gang activities that require coordination (GST, Base Battle), I could see gangs electing certain members to be their "spreaders", who could max out spread and act as support, to make way for their teammates through hallways that may be under heavy enemy fire.

At any rate, it will ultimately be up to the player to distribute their points into stats that will enhance their individual play styles; and all measures are being taken to eliminate the possibility of an OP build.

Points are set parameters that dictate limitation.
    "Decimal by decimal" adjustments will still require some governance to ensure a non-op build, which will ultimately be translated to points, under the hood.

Also, as noted above, in the excerpt from the MPLEX Manual, the plan is to have a terminal in the lobby, similar to the arcade machines.
    This terminal will house all Multiplex Gun adjustments and features.

add attachments to your gun, with a maximum of 2 or 3 attachments per gun
    Attachments are something that we've been going back and forth with, and could potentially be a possibility in the future.
    They will not be something that we will have upon release, simply because of the care that would need to be put into ensuring that the attachments are not soiling the intended multiplex experience.

We'd rather get the product out now, so that people have ample time to play with it before GST, and find the gun builds that work for them.

Again- there may be attachments in the future, though.

Awesome points raised, again- glad to see some discussion going on regarding this!
    Tune in for live streaming action from gang bases, events, and other iEra activities, with commentary!

Kool