Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How stressful is a PR's job

How stressful is a PR's job

How stressful can a PR's job be? Mariah Nicole told me "I got to be PR for a couple of months and i got fired" "Now i understand how stressful is their job"
    Since you're looking at this, why not look into my ganis?
    Click here boy-o ^

From what I know, its harder than everyone thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    How stressful can a PR's job be? Mariah Nicole told me "I got to be PR for a couple of months and i got fired" "Now i understand how stressful is their job"
    From what I remember she only lasted a week at most. But yea PR's have to put up with people asking for things, people asking the same things, doing reports which most of the time involve "Coolboy229 keeps killing me jail him."
    You have to host events which are ok the first few times, but when players keep asking you to host events, even after you've hosted them, and then get hated by them when you don't host the ones they want it gets a little bit tedious.

Most players who want to be staff think that it leads to fame, gralats, items. Whilst there are rewards, it really isn't all that much, as being staff is primarily to help improve the server. I've been staff for almost 3 years now, possibly longer, I can't remember, and have never had more than 80 ecs at a time. 80 may sound like a lot if you don't have many, but I can guarantee you that you could get much more than 80 ec in 3 years by doing the events/ facebook ec share as a player. You do get some gralats, but honestly I had already bought all the guns I wanted before I was staff, and the only thing I have spent my gralats on in the past year are presents to give out for free.
    As far as fame goes, once again i've been staff for a long time, and whilst i'm not a pr, many players don't even know who I am, which i'm lucky for I guess, as being "known" just leads to more spam on all your accounts for statues,dolls,admin,events,auction,skins,items etc.

If you are not content with playing the game as a player, you will not last more than a month as a staff member. Once the novelty wears off and you realise being staff is a task, those who were only in it for the previously said things often resign and then quit the game completely.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    From what I remember she only lasted a week at most. But yea PR's have to put up with people asking for things, people asking the same things, doing reports which most of the time involve "Coolboy229 keeps killing me jail him."
    You have to host events which are ok the first few times, but when players keep asking you to host events, even after you've hosted them, and then get hated by them when you don't host the ones they want it gets a little bit tedious.

Most players who want to be staff think that it leads to fame, gralats, items. Whilst there are rewards, it really isn't all that much, as being staff is primarily to help improve the server. I've been staff for almost 3 years now, possibly longer, I can't remember, and have never had more than 80 ecs at a time. 80 may sound like a lot if you don't have many, but I can guarantee you that you could get much more than 80 ec in 3 years by doing the events/ facebook ec share as a player. You do get some gralats, but honestly I had already bought all the guns I wanted before I was staff, and the only thing I have spent my gralats on in the past year are presents to give out for free.
    As far as fame goes, once again i've been staff for a long time, and whilst i'm not a pr, many players don't even know who I am, which i'm lucky for I guess, as being "known" just leads to more spam on all your accounts for statues,dolls,admin,events,auction,skins,items etc.

If you are not content with playing the game as a player, you will not last more than a month as a staff member. Once the novelty wears off and you realise being staff is a task, those who were only in it for the previously said things often resign and then quit the game completely.
    Amen.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

They have to be mentally prepared.
    That's why reliable PR's are quite hard to find, since not everyone is capable of containing all that stress.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

Your speech made me cri bitszam bravo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post

Agreed.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Kids would want to be famed among the community and be really eager
    to be a PR whilst the mature people are the older humans, who don't exactly have time on their hands.
    That's a flaw in having reliable PR's, most of them are kids.
    However there's some who are all devoted into their job, we need more of those people.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

I respect PRs that don't try and make themselves "known" as Bitzsam stated. That's not what they're supposed to do in the first place. PRs are there to help out the people, not stand out from them.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

I see a lot of PRS that like to munch on that fame though, lol.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.