Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Were Gonna Get Sued Again X.X

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Do you guys realise that if era ever did get sued and shut down then you would lose your only form of entertainment and lose all the money you spent on the game??? Not sure why some ppl here are so eager for that to happen. Besides they edited them now so it's fine.
    ^^ He/She/They is spot on.

Besides there are numerous other games that sneak in contents based off other games.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    ^^ He/She/They is spot on.

Besides there are numerous other games that sneak in contents based off other games.
    as much as id like to agree with this, it should be logical to be safer than sorry, why threaten the survivability of this game with blatant copyright material when we could be implementing original gun and item designs.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Updated the graphic on both guns, i'm happy with the inferno but not sure yet what people will think of the carnage
    I have both, I see the carnage a bit weak so maybe change the knife into something more interesting? Maybe a sword?
    Message me any iEra related questions you may have.
    InGame Name: Bruc^ Dorvay
    Hablo Español
    -2011 Player-

Quote Originally Posted by RenoDorvay View Post
    There's a distinct difference from inspiration and copyright abuse
    Oh but we're not talking about how this game was completely developed off a super nintendo zelda engine right? LOL. There are so many works in the game that could be infringed. Just go through the list of shields/heads/body codes that are basically copies of other games/movies. But it's not that big of a deal, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    This doesn't make sense,you mean we could just change the name of any game/material and claim it as ours?
    I'm sorry but that's not how copyright works,friend.

Word of Advice;Don't bark down bungie's tree.
    Copyright isn't the way to go.
    No I'm saying the guns don't have the same name.
    Secondly the graphic isnt the same (anymore at least).

Now if you take what I said above and then look at the "Nobe Blade" "Cripple Cannon" or many other items, they did this exact thing, and that my friend IS how a copyright loophole works.

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Adelphos View Post
    as much as id like to agree with this, it should be logical to be safer than sorry, why threaten the survivability of this game with blatant copyright material when we could be implementing original gun and item designs.
    I entirely agree and think it's not particularly a good idea, but my point is that it's common to find something ripped off of another game and added into another.

And forever and always original is the best and safest way to go.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by BioHazardEra View Post
    "Les parodies, citations, détournements, postiches et caricatures ne seront pas jugés pour droits d'auteur. Néanmoins, si le soi-disant objet/extrait une copie conforme de l'œuvre, alors son créateur subira les décisions prises par le juge."

"Une idée ne peut pas être jugée en tant que vol. Mais une preuve visuelle et/ou auditive peut rendre l'idée jugeable."

The 2 guns from the ExC shop are visual proofs and aren't parodies/shoutouts, so Graal can be sued.

They want the money.
    Tu parles Français? Je parle français =D oh mon Dieu! J'ai trop aimé ça: "Une idée ne peut pas être jugée en tant que vol. Mais une preuve visuelle et/ou auditive peut rendre l'idée jugeable."
    ineffable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoykid00 View Post
    Here:
    Attachment 26205Attachment 26206
    You get the exotic coins from gifts
    This Is Me =D
    ineffable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr LebJoe S View Post
    Tu parles Français? Je parle français =D oh mon Dieu! J'ai trop aimé ça: "Une idée ne peut pas être jugée en tant que vol. Mais une preuve visuelle et/ou auditive peut rendre l'idée jugeable."
    T'es français?!
    Je parle français sur un forum anglais car j'en ai rien à foutre.

Quote Originally Posted by BioHazardEra View Post
    T'es français?!
    Libanais, mais au Liban on parle Français, Arabe, Englais, et Espagnol, et tout ça à l'école... So...
    ineffable.