Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Were Gonna Get Sued Again X.X

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Revla View Post
    You shall Invite Me. Idc if it is public, I don't want to be a burglar.
    Fair Enough. I Guess.
    Coster Revla~

If You Have Any Questions Just Pm Me

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoykid00 View Post
    Here:
    Attachment 26205Attachment 26206
    You get the exotic coins from gifts
    some kids were blocking the way, rekt them both, i'm going to make a youtube video on how to get to it.
    Era Go Browsing since 2013

I'm kind of glad I didn't get one
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    i bought the carnage, its decent but i really want to see a buff.
    Agreed, its pretty weak

Carnage was nerfed a bit before release because burst weapons are pretty unpredictable. Good possibility of it being buffed in the future, but it is better to release the gun with bad stats and buff it than release it with op stats and nerf it.
    These guns aren't meant to be flamethrower/p2k/chem gun op.
    They are meant to be quite good as they are 150k, but also very rare, and because of their special abilities

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Froz View Post
    So i was correct
    Rip my carnage and inferno thread both deleted
    Lol the amount of time you spent convincing everyone that it was not going to be the guns.

The only person who was able to work it out, without getting help from a "leak" (who is currently being investigated as all staff were told NOT to mention anything about it, and most didn't even know anything about it, and is more than likely a current staff than a retired/fired staff as the thread suggested)- was Vacci.

I'm honestly surprised nobody really worked it out, there definitely were clues. If you saw the guns icons before they were deleted from the database, you would have noticed the coin graphic in the top left which was replaced by the red ec, which is why android users had a coin image on the door instead of the ec since androids take ages to update

Also when the icons were updated to include the red ec, some people had it in their status, but from the looks of it, none of them realised the red ec in the icon

You guys are players, so therefore you are not the one impacted. I was also unsure whether it was allowed which is why initially I didn't make them to be released but after asking, apparently it is ok. I mean we already have lightsabers/ ripper from ghosts and there has been no issue.

The thing that kind of lets it be done I guess, is the fact that TECHNICALLY you can't "buy" the inspired items, which is where copyright issues come into play. (Claiming work is yours and selling it for profit). The only thing you can "buy" are gralats. Yes gralats are used to buy the gun, but you aren't spending money for the gun, you are spending money for the gralats.
    It seems like a pretty eh excuse, but that's pretty much the way it can work.

Also it's not like we are trying to hide that fact, it was no coinsidence that I put the quote "it is your destiny" in that room, serving as a reference to the game. If anything it's free advertising.

Finally, if we really want to get all technical, the entirety of graal, but mainly graal classic- is copyrighted from zelda. Even as far as some of the actual tiles in classic are almost identical to the tile graphics from the zelda game itself. Even the character walk animations with the shield, are a more complex version of the one in zelda, yet graal was able to get away with it with just a name change.

So at the end of the day, it is not something you need to worry about as you guys can't/won't be effected (also just saying froz, kinda funny how when you made threads on the guns, it was nothing but hype about their potential release, and now they are out you are complaining about copyright- change of heart lol?)

When was the first time graal got sued? lol.
    ha nab

#LargeSignatureSquad

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    You guys are players, so therefore you are not the one impacted. I was also unsure whether it was allowed which is why initially I didn't make them to be released but after asking, apparently it is ok. I mean we already have lightsabers/ ripper from ghosts and there has been no issue.

The thing that kind of lets it be done I guess, is the fact that TECHNICALLY you can't "buy" the inspired items, which is where copyright issues come into play. (Claiming work is yours and selling it for profit). The only thing you can "buy" are gralats. Yes gralats are used to buy the gun, but you aren't spending money for the gun, you are spending money for the gralats.
    It seems like a pretty eh excuse, but that's pretty much the way it can work.

Also it's not like we are trying to hide that fact, it was no coinsidence that I put the quote "it is your destiny" in that room, serving as a reference to the game. If anything it's free advertising.

Finally, if we really want to get all technical, the entirety of graal, but mainly graal classic- is copyrighted from zelda. Even as far as some of the actual tiles in classic are almost identical to the tile graphics from the zelda game itself. Even the character walk animations with the shield, are a more complex version of the one in zelda, yet graal was able to get away with it with just a name change.

So at the end of the day, it is not something you need to worry about as you guys can't/won't be effected (also just saying froz, kinda funny how when you made threads on the guns, it was nothing but hype about their potential release, and now they are out you are complaining about copyright- change of heart lol?)
    We're just concerned about Toonslab getting sued again.
    Maybe you should have released the "magical rainbow ponies"
    Instead of the guns?

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow King View Post
    When was the first time graal got sued? lol.
    Graals never been sued but I think 2 companies have threatened. First was when graal was called Zelda online, second time was when Nintendo complained about the pikachu hat so the hat name was changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry View Post
    We're just concerned about Toonslab getting sued again.
    Maybe you should have released the "magical rainbow ponies"
    Instead of the guns?
    Well just read my post and then you won't need to be worried.

If anything actually happens then the worst that will happen is we just update the gun graphic, but I mean, our server has about 4000-6000 active players, the guns release pretty much serves as free advertising for them, as we have referenced the game, and them looking cool ingame COULD influence someone to be interested in destiny their game. I've already seen a few people saying stuff like now they feel like playing destiny etc

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Graals never been sued but I think 2 companies have threatened. First was when graal was called Zelda online, second time was when Nintendo complained about the pikachu hat so the hat name was changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Well just read my post and then you won't need to be worried
    I really stil think you should have released the ponies instead :/

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust