Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Were Gonna Get Sued Again X.X

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenpotpie View Post
    Pixel art is invaluable.
    Didn't mean to offend if i did x.x sorry.

Veteran
    how about classic its copyrighted from legend of zelda??
    Lonely.

Era is ripping you guys off without you even realizing it. There going to take away the guns and keep your money's worth

"Everyone's a Falcon"
    www.KrioleGFX.weebly.com
    In Game Name: ItsKriole
    Since 2012

Development Team
    Ugh. The guns aren't the only thing bypassing the copyright rule. There are other items, hats, melees, etc. That have gotten by. And yes Graal Classic was originally called Zelda Online but was renamed to avoid getting sued. But I'm pretty sure they got sued anyways.

Honestly, I would suspect most of you to be all cheery that some of your favourite items from another game was recreated and added into this game. Since a lot of people are always like, "Dang I really wanna upload this custom thats based off of this character" or whatever.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    According to the website, he has done the same things multiple times. I doubt he even knows the law. A copyright is pretty obvious to spot, and if he couldn't see that, I think he's just... I don't know.

I just read a comment about an admin on Classic that almost got globally banned just because he decided to joke to him about salary. :l
    I just read it, this site is useful, + A guy made some link lists for stuff about UnixMad or Stephane Portha , here's a link YOU SHALL READ if you want to know what Unixmas (STEPHANE PORTHA) scammed... -RECOMMENDED TO EVERYONE AND FOR SNK THE MOST TO KNOW FROM WHO HE BOUGHT THE GAME- http://indiegameproducer.blogspot.co...use-abuse.html
    ineffable.

Guns are changed, I think we done here.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    You guys are players, so therefore you are not the one impacted. I was also unsure whether it was allowed which is why initially I didn't make them to be released but after asking, apparently it is ok. I mean we already have lightsabers/ ripper from ghosts and there has been no issue.

The thing that kind of lets it be done I guess, is the fact that TECHNICALLY you can't "buy" the inspired items, which is where copyright issues come into play. (Claiming work is yours and selling it for profit). The only thing you can "buy" are gralats. Yes gralats are used to buy the gun, but you aren't spending money for the gun, you are spending money for the gralats.
    It seems like a pretty eh excuse, but that's pretty much the way it can work.

Also it's not like we are trying to hide that fact, it was no coinsidence that I put the quote "it is your destiny" in that room, serving as a reference to the game. If anything it's free advertising.

Finally, if we really want to get all technical, the entirety of graal, but mainly graal classic- is copyrighted from zelda. Even as far as some of the actual tiles in classic are almost identical to the tile graphics from the zelda game itself. Even the character walk animations with the shield, are a more complex version of the one in zelda, yet graal was able to get away with it with just a name change.

So at the end of the day, it is not something you need to worry about as you guys can't/won't be effected (also just saying froz, kinda funny how when you made threads on the guns, it was nothing but hype about their potential release, and now they are out you are complaining about copyright- change of heart lol?)
    A pretty good justification. No need for us 2 panic. Just saying though, was it really necessary to copy that? It can't be that hard to think up an idea surely.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    A pretty good justification. No need for us 2 panic. Just saying though, was it really necessary to copy that? It can't be that hard to think up an idea surely.
    It's not like I couldn't come up with something myself, but I used to play destiny and I really liked their designs which is why I wanted to try recreate it. Similar to what tricky said in that aspect

Quote Originally Posted by Brucgraal View Post
    Will the shop ever be closed? I hope not since people that have the coin are saving gralats to buy the guns, and it would be sad if the shop closed and some people still had coins.
    Not by me at least so no, but I can't guarantee it

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK DYNAMITE View Post
    Its Bungie® & Activision® that developed Destiny©...js
    And the names of the guns are not the same...
    AND the Ghost Ripper is from COD Ghost© not BO3©...
    This doesn't make sense,you mean we could just change the name of any game/material and claim it as ours?
    I'm sorry but that's not how copyright works,friend.

Word of Advice;Don't bark down bungie's tree.
    Copyright isn't the way to go.
    Mainly on Era-Go,so if you're wanting to talk to me about a subject,shoot me a message or you could even private message me in-game!
    Always have a fun time,even when you're not!