Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Car Repair / Upgrades Shop!

Street Boss Lieutenant Josh Graal's Avatar

Car Repair / Upgrades Shop!

This is an idea that I had earlier today so I did some work on it and thought i'd share it here for feedback!

This is more than the 'Shooting out of cars' idea that has been suggested MANY times.
    Repair Shops, common in games such as Grand Theft Auto could be located around the iEra Map.

Car Damage
    Instead of driving around and being hurt by bullets it could be the actual car itself thats damage gets lowered. Once all of the damage from the car is gone your car will be 'destroyed' and you will have to go into a Repair Shop and pay to have your car revived.
    Crashing into walls & other cars will also lower the HP of your car.
    If the car is destroyed it will blow up and you will be killed also + a 5 second green gas effect as you are dazed from the explosion.

CAR UPGRADES
    -Customize the color
    -Speed Upgrades -Accelerate faster (wears out after a certain period of time or if the car is destroyed)
    -Break Upgrades -When you're not holding down the accelerate the car will stop quicker (wears out after a certain period of time or if the car is destroyed)
    - +100% Armor -Adds 100% more HP to the car. (You will have to re-purchase if the car is destroyed)
    - +50% Armor -Adds 50% more HP to the car. (You will have to re-purchase if the car is destroyed)
    - +25% Armor -Adds 25% more HP to the car (You will have to re-purchase if the car is destroyed)
    -Drifting - You would be able to press a new button to activate 'drift mode' (Lasts forever) (expencive)

Example of a Car Repair Shop
    -Something quick I made earlier.
    If you're looking for a playerworlds server to learn development on join: https://discord.gg/t62fnhn, no application needed.

Kewl level! But no pls.. era has no order at all and since phone screens are so small i will crash into half the cars i pass by (money fly). I like the idea of drifting but.. the cars are programmed to go forward and rotate left and right only, with the "solid" (idk what thats called) part only the character itself not the whole car so will be a little hard to add drifting
    Have any problems or questions, PM me.

I like the idea. Maybe "repairing" would also refuel your car. I wonder how the "drift mode" that you mentioned would be scripted for. Definitely some good ideas here. It'd encourage the usage of cars, or even open up the possibility for motorcycles or kinds of vehicles to be added to the game.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Veteran
    I like this idea very much.
    Hi.
    My YouTube channel: Lightning23

I kind of like the idea. I like those sick cars though, pretty neat.
    IGN - Daniiel
    Contact on forums, email, or in game for assistance

Street Boss Lieutenant Josh Graal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gino View Post
    I like the idea. Maybe "repairing" would also refuel your car. I wonder how the "drift mode" that you mentioned would be scripted for. Definitely some good ideas here. It'd encourage the usage of cars, or even open up the possibility for motorcycles or kinds of vehicles to be added to the game.
    I'm sure there was a motorcycle given out as an old vip!? image here
    If you're looking for a playerworlds server to learn development on join: https://discord.gg/t62fnhn, no application needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Graal View Post
    I'm sure there was a motorcycle given out as an old vip!? image here
    lmao.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Yet again another good idea that could be worked upon. The drifting option seems slightly tedious for a 2D game but it is still a good idea. After a while this gets abandoned like any other thread.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

I seriously do think that cars need more armory and a reverse system. =o
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!