Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Block Users.

Block Users.

Is it possible to add a block button to the forums? As to where you simply dont see their forum posts or recieve messages. If there already is one. Does anyone know where to find it? I just got curious if thats possible here
    They want to see you do good.
    But never better than them.

Remember that.

Yes, m8!

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

Good idea. I like that. I might never use it because GENERALLY people on era-go are okay.

Banned
    It's not a block feature, it's called Ignore.

I wouldn't want to use that option, but if they were spam accounts, then use it. I do wonder if you can still see the person you ignored posts.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

The reason there isn't an actual "block" button is mostly because conversations can get really confusing if everyone is blocking each other.

Let's say I block Froz but I didn't block Kendrick.

Kendrick and Froz are both replying to each other on one thread but I can't see Froz talking, so I think Kendrick is going crazy. (Not saying he ISNT crazy already.)

Another example could be "thread blocks". Let's say you blocked a person, and they started a thread. The other people are replying to the thread, BUT since you blocked the person, the thread never actually really started. (Here's where it gets complicated. Weak people pls stop before your brain explodes)

Since the thread never really happened for you, you can't see the thread, and the thread never really exists on the server, thus the people who are replying to the thread are blocked automatically by the server. But for other people, the thread actually does exist, but once it doesn't exist for you, it really doesn't exist. But it actually does.

It's confusing, yes, but you can see why a block button would LITERALLY BREAK THE SERVER.

There is an ignore list, which does block the posts, but it doesn't make it to where you can't see the message. It tells you that the person created a message, but it just says "This message has been blocked because you have added the user to your Ignore List" something like that. You can simply view it by clicking view post, which let's you see the message as long as you are on the page. Once you reload or leave the page, it censors it for you again.

^
    Interesting... What if you forget that you ignored Froz for a while and can never see his threads.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    The reason there isn't an actual "block" button is mostly because conversations can get really confusing if everyone is blocking each other.

Let's say I block Froz but I didn't block Kendrick.

Kendrick and Froz are both replying to each other on one thread but I can't see Froz talking, so I think Kendrick is going crazy. (Not saying he ISNT crazy already.)

Another example could be "thread blocks". Let's say you blocked a person, and they started a thread. The other people are replying to the thread, BUT since you blocked the person, the thread never actually really started. (Here's where it gets complicated. Weak people pls stop before your brain explodes)

Since the thread never really happened for you, you can't see the thread, and the thread never really exists on the server, thus the people who are replying to the thread are blocked automatically by the server. But for other people, the thread actually does exist, but once it doesn't exist for you, it really doesn't exist. But it actually does.

It's confusing, yes, but you can see why a block button would LITERALLY BREAK THE SERVER.

There is an ignore list, which does block the posts, but it doesn't make it to where you can't see the message. It tells you that the person created a message, but it just says "This message has been blocked because you have added the user to your Ignore List" something like that. You can simply view it by clicking view post, which let's you see the message as long as you are on the page. Once you reload or leave the page, it censors it for you again.
    Yes! Mikey has used me as an example!

....oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    ^
    Interesting... What if you forget that you ignored Froz for a while and can never see his threads.
    ^^and because Froz stories and conspiracy theories are cool

<3 @Froz

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimitsu View Post
    ^^and because Froz stories and conspiracy theories are cool

<3 @Froz