Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Black History Month

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Define View Post
    Not here to start a argument... Just getting my point across but i honestly hope you research the other holidays as well such as cinco de mayo celebrating the mexican army. Not everyones army "Mexicans army".

- - - Updated - - -

Also i never said it was a holiday. Of course its not a holiday its an entire month. I never said celebrate the holiday. I never said put items on server for black history month. I want era to at least just recognize it and say something over broadcast message so people know era is in touch with black culture.
    cinco de mayo is suppose to celebrate the victory of the Battle of Puebla
    Not the army...

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with that as well if they dont recognize other races religious/ cultural holidays dont recognize any. Double standards.....
    Its not double standards its just that people know about certain holidays then others
    Plus its Black History MONTH
    Its not a holiday its a month

Also if we add it people are gonna complain about other history months
    Aka
    "WHY NOT ASIAN HISTORY MONTH"
    Plus
    Era has some pretty racist people

Quote Originally Posted by Froz View Post
    cinco de mayo is suppose to celebrate the victory of the Battle of Puebla
    Not the army...
    Oh I apologize for not being exact ,but lets stay on topic please.
    Message me Any questions or Concerns
    Define*

Banned Sottocapo
    Theres also a lot cultural holidays
    It would take to much time
    To add all of them

Unless you want to make moon cakes and a shop with different items every full moon

- - - Updated - - -

Again
    Its not double standard its just that no one has time to make
    Shops and items for all the cultural holidays
    Heres a list: http://www.diversitybestpractices.co...rsity-holidays

Banned
    I wish we wouldn't celebrate Cinco De Mayo to be honest, or any other national holiday

There are a lot of important holidays that are important to different people- I know we look bias towards certain holidays and this is mostly because staff who live in certain countries in positions to determine what holidays we choose, celebrate these holidays. I know we'll never wholly solve this problem though due to the way graal works. Staff from a certain country will be promoted and they'll work independently on their national holiday, there's never really a way around this because people will work on what they want to if they have nothing else to do

We're trying to standardise the holidays we celebrate and most likely we'll only celebrate the holidays that most of the western/english speaking world celebrates like christmas, easter, halloween (not everywhere celebrates this i know), valentines day ect. But we're trying to keep it in line with not really celebrating* 'national' holidays or events.

Don't take it as a feeling that we don't care about your holiday or we think that say, CDM or australia day is more important than black history month because that's not true- they get celebrated in game mostly due to the fact that they are not "official" holidays the whole team works on, only 1 or 2 staff might work on them.
    Last edited by Vendhin; 02-02-2016 at 03:22 AM. Reason: typo

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendhin View Post
    I wish we wouldn't celebrate Cinco De Mayo to be honest, or any other national holiday

There are a lot of important holidays that are important to different people- I know we look bias towards certain holidays and this is mostly because staff who live in certain countries in positions to determine what holidays we choose, celebrate these holidays. I know we'll never wholly solve this problem though due to the way graal works. Staff from a certain country will be promoted and they'll work independently on their national holiday, there's never really a way around this because people will work on what they want to if they have nothing else to do

We're trying to standardise the holidays we celebrate and most likely we'll only celebrate the holidays that most of the western/english speaking world celebrates like christmas, easter, halloween (not everywhere celebrates this i know), valentines day ect. But we're trying to keep it in line with not really celebration 'national' holidays or events.

Don't take it as a feeling that we don't care about your holiday or we think that say, CDM or australia day is more important than black history month because that's not true- they get celebrated in game mostly due to the fact that they are not "official" holidays the whole team works on, only 1 or 2 staff might work on them.
    Man of the year.

Vendhin just stole the show. Excellent response.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendhin View Post

We're trying to standardise the holidays we celebrate and most likely we'll only celebrate the holidays that most of the western/english speaking world celebrates like christmas, easter, halloween (not everywhere celebrates this i know), valentines day ect. But we're trying to keep it in line with not really celebrating* 'national' holidays or events.

That would be a lot better take away the other holidays that are race, religion, or cultural based. Since you cant celebrate all of them dont do any. But its not the celebrating part just the mentioning not asking for a big parade on era like cny but something as small as broadcast message. I understand why they cant do it though i was just throwing out the suggestion mainly.
    Message me Any questions or Concerns
    Define*

Banned
    That would be a lot better take away the other holidays that are race, religion, or cultural based. Since you cant celebrate all of them dont do any. But its not the celebrating part just the mentioning not asking for a big parade on era like cny but something as small as broadcast message. I understand why they cant do it though i was just throwing out the suggestion mainly.
    I'm sure we can do broadcasts and like a free EC or something- but like not having the shops and quests and all of the big development

i think this is nice but, i think it's also racist

I bet any of you here don't know about Hispanic Heritage month.

Yeah, i thought so.