Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Black History Month

Black History Month

Throughout my research on era it has come to attention that era does not recognize black history month. Also about 45% of era do not even know what it is. A brief description of what Black History month its a month set aside to learn, honor, and celebrate the achievements of black men and women throughout history. Im not here to start arguements i would just like to know what the staff and the community think about this. I would just like era to at least recognize black history month like they do st patricks day and chinese new years. Side note- Era has 30%+ of african americans that play era so please dont be bias on your choosings of holidays.
    Message me Any questions or Concerns
    Define*

Yeah i recognize it, and i appreciate you making the thread bro. I mostly appreciate the goals we've made as a whole. Although it is kinda ashamed that it isn't recognized not just through Era, but the country

"Everyone's a Falcon"
    www.KrioleGFX.weebly.com
    In Game Name: ItsKriole
    Since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Define View Post
    Also about 45% of era do not even know what it is.
    Also about 80% of Era is under the age of 13.

February is black history month.

The shortest month of the year.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Quote Originally Posted by Gino View Post
    Also about 80% of Era is under the age of 13.
    So what is they are under age? If they live in USA, Canada or UK then they know what Black History Month is. UK does theirs in October but USA and Canada do it in February. They grow up in grade school celebrating Black History Month so do not insult their intelligence by saying just because most of them are like 13 that they don't know what Black History Month is because they do.

Anywho! I think this is a great idea. I hope it is implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by MariahNicole View Post
    So what is they are under age? If they live in USA, Canada or UK then they know what Black History Month is. UK does theirs in October but USA and Canada do it in February. They grow up in grade school celebrating Black History Month so do not insult their intelligence by saying just because most of them are like 13 that they don't know what Black History Month is because they do.

Anywho! I think this is a great idea. I hope it is implemented.
    Wrong. I live in the UK and i only heard about it on era-go last year.

It would be nice to see something added, but they cant do something for every holiday. Plus, for stupid reasons, there is bound to be alot of controversy
    Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran2820 View Post
    Wrong. I live in the UK and i only heard about it on era-go last year.

It would be nice to see something added, but they cant do something for every holiday. Plus, for stupid reasons, there is bound to be alot of controversy
    I never heard of Cinco de mayo until i played era. Thats why it was a good thing to put it on the server so
    you can enlighten others of what it is. Im pretty sure their was controversy behind implenting that in the server as well. Every idea their is controversy behind it, so that shouldnt really be an "major" issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, im not saying doing something big, but at least promoting it in broadcast message just so people can know that staff recognizes black culture as well.
    Define*

Veteran
    What do you want them to do about it though? What would be a sufficient way to commemorate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal View Post
    What do you want them to do about it though? What would be a sufficient way to commemorate it.
    BroadCast Message "We would like to take the time to recognize the beginning of Black History Month has started" nothing major just a small sentence nothing big just to show that era knows a little about Black Culture.
    Define*

Sure... Let's celebrate it, I suppose.
    Equality!
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!