Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: PR Hiring System Suggestion

Also I would love to be an admin I also have a clean record (i.e. I've never been jailed or even close to it) I have been playing era for three years, I have 650+ hrs plus a ton of knowledge about the game. But I'm hopeless when it comes to gfx, sfx and have just starting to learn basic coding. I dont really know any people when it comes to staff and I have a reputation of getting into arguments with noobs and pros for harassing or doing stuff that needs to be pointed out. So even though I have a lot that qualifies me, because some people don't like me even though they have done bad stuff or because I know nobody who's staff and have no real skills at all except for dealing with people I am and/or would be out of question with both systems... Even though I have a lot of ideas to bring to the table. Thanks era XD (yes this diatribe is long but I think I prove that the system is flawed... Unless I did a bad job whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by ipignation View Post
    Also I would love to be an admin I also have a clean record (i.e. I've never been jailed or even close to it) I have been playing era for three years, I have 650+ hrs plus a ton of knowledge about the game. But I'm hopeless when it comes to gfx, sfx and have just starting to learn basic coding. I dont really know any people when it comes to staff and I have a reputation of getting into arguments with noobs and pros for harassing or doing stuff that needs to be pointed out. So even though I have a lot that qualifies me, because some people don't like me even though they have done bad stuff or because I know nobody who's staff and have no real skills at all except for dealing with people I am and/or would be out of question with both systems... Even though I have a lot of ideas to bring to the table. Thanks era XD (yes this diatribe is long but I think I prove that the system is flawed... Unless I did a bad job whatever)
    Don't tell us about it, go apply here instead:
    http://www.era-go.com/forum/showthre...-Teams-Hiring!

Oh thanks I just put that btw to show the system problem not to brag or show off or anything but thanks again

I feel the opposite. I think PR applications shouldn't have the players name at all that way it'll be solely based on what's in the application and there record.

Multiple accounts friends and being "pro" = corruption. I would rather someone with no friends 100 hours but mature and respectful to be admin because all these "professional" players are corrupt allow friends to win events themselves ect. I haven't shared this before but one time I was in an event and neptrfire or whatever hosted tricky tiles and he was also playing.... He won, and another time Casper joined lms for ec me and him left... I was going to kill him for he had like 3 hp and I had 30 or so I got warped... He won. It's things like this which I really don't like about some admins, not to mention the gangs with admin leaders that get their members to annoy you cuss at you and once you cuss back they report and you get jailed. This game is corrupt as all hell as it is which makes that a very bad idea.

Banned
    The worst aspect of the player relations team right now is their knowledge of the game. They can't answer any questions, questions that come to them should be questions that most graalians could not answer, but they just never do. And if it's not questions, it is working the events or whatever, i still see many mistakes being made. They don't know anything the average player does not know, part of their job is not being fulfilled. I hope the staff team starts choosing veteran players.

To respond to Austin (sorry about going off topic a lil). But that's all PR need to know is the basics and game rules to fulfill our duties. Nothing gets shared with us about upcoming events/updates/new releases/etc... so any new PR would only need to know game/upload rules (and follow them) then learn the event commands if they are going to want to host events (hosting events is not mandatory) if your saying mistakes are being made when staff (not every staff that hosts is a PR) are hosting events as long as they allow a min about of players into a event and the winner(s) get there EC I don't see how there's any mistakes.

Just because a player is "friends" with a staff member, doesn't give them an automatic right to be a staff member themselves. I know plenty of people who will act all nice towards staff, but act differently when not around them. Voting is something that the players should never have control over when it comes to hiring staff members. I'm not just saying this because I'm one, this has been my view from a long time ago, before. Hiring staff is just like hiring an employee, you have to consider if they're right for the job or not, not just because you "like" them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    If staff get to vote, I'd choose yes. Mikey is right, iEra is ran by dictatorship. There is no trial for firing a staff member, either.
    There shouldn't have to be a "trial" for staff members about whether or not they should be fired. If a staff member breaks a rule, they might get a "warning" to not do it again if it's not as serious. However, if it's something worse they shouldn't get another chance, especially if it's something obvious that staff shouldn't do. That's just my opinion anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

Ok so can someone give me the link for the PR app? I go on team hiring and it doesn't show anything about the PR app

Quote Originally Posted by JayyBDK View Post
    Ok so can someone give me the link for the PR app? I go on team hiring and it doesn't show anything about the PR app
    Link is actually posted above in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gino View Post
    Don't tell us about it, go apply here instead:
    http://www.era-go.com/forum/showthre...-Teams-Hiring!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person