View Poll Results: Who do you support in this situation?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apple

28 77.78%
  • FBI

8 22.22%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple vs FBI

Apple vs FBI

http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...deal/80481766/

So the FBI wants Apple to create a backdoor software to breach the auto data destruction feature after a number of failed pass code attempts, so they can look into the San Bernardino shooter's phone. Apple is against the FBI request. Who do you support in this situation and why?
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

I'm with Apple in this one.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

I personally think it could be wrong.

Reading up on the San Bernardino case, I feel sympathy for those who were lost during the shooting, and the relatives that were affected by it. May their souls rest easy. On topic, regarding the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)wanting to mess with a companies Operating System in order to have access to the shooters phone is something that invades privacy by a lot. Privacy should be respected. Think about it, this possible OS update can leave people's personal info at risk. We might as well just be removing privacy all the way. Not only does that leave people's electronic possessions at risk to hackers and cyber-criminals, but it can potentially put everyone's life in danger. Opening up personal information to the FBI is one thing. They (NSA) already have their noses in our privacy enough, but to think that the government actually wants to open the privacy gap even more truly baffles me.

What do I think? I think the FBI should not try and mess with people's privacy. There really is no guarantee that this can expose the shooter, at least not a 100% guarantee. Plus, think about it. Would you put tons of people's personal safety at risk to catch just one crook? I mean sure, this OS modification could catch future crooks, but what good will it do when tons of other cyber-criminals will jump on the bandwagon and expose people's personal info, bank info, private bureaucrat info, and even secret government documents. I know for a fact tons of government officials own an iPhone, and what will happen when THEIR safety is at risk?

Unlike real world crimes, cyber-criminals can easily cover up their tracks. We could be looking at a Cyber War here. Just thinking outside the box.

I'm sorry, but the Operating System modification should not happen. It's not worth the risk.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

I am with Apple
    "War Doesn't Decide Who's Right But Who Is Left"

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    I personally think it could be wrong.

Reading up on the San Bernardino case, I feel sympathy for those who were lost during the shooting, and the relatives that were affected by it. May their souls rest easy. On topic, regarding the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)wanting to mess with a companies Operating System in order to have access to the shooters phone is something that invades privacy by a lot. Privacy should be respected. Think about it, this possible OS update can leave people's personal info at risk. We might as well just be removing privacy all the way. Not only does that leave people's electronic possessions at risk to hackers and cyber-criminals, but it can potentially put everyone's life in danger. Opening up personal information to the FBI is one thing. They (NSA) already have their noses in our privacy enough, but to think that the government actually wants to open the privacy gap even more truly baffles me.

What do I think? I think the FBI should not try and mess with people's privacy. There really is no guarantee that this can expose the shooter, at least not a 100% guarantee. Plus, think about it. Would you put tons of people's personal safety at risk to catch just one crook? I mean sure, this OS modification could catch future crooks, but what good will it do when tons of other cyber-criminals will jump on the bandwagon and expose people's personal info, bank info, private bureaucrat info, and even secret government documents. I know for a fact tons of government officials own an iPhone, and what will happen when THEIR safety is at risk?

Unlike real world crimes, cyber-criminals can easily cover up their tracks. We could be looking at a Cyber War here. Just thinking outside the box.

I'm sorry, but the Operating System modification should not happen. It's not worth the risk.
    Mikey, it's not a pushed software update, the FBI wants a software SPECIFICALLY for that phone, but Apple's concern is that the government might modify the software to gain access to other iPhone's (assuming they didn't already lol)

Banned Sottocapo
    Im with apple definently

Banned
    I have no idea what this is about so how do I vote for both?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotzy View Post
    I have no idea what this is about so how do I vote for both?
    To put it in short, government want apple to make a way to access iphones wothout having the password to it.

Completely with apple. The whole point of having private information is that it's private
    Last edited by Kieran2820; 02-18-2016 at 10:15 PM.
    Welcome to the forums!

its a good thing i got android. still siding with apple though.

Banned
    Im with FBI. Why? They fight for peace so choose one Death or Peace?