View Poll Results: Who do you support in this situation?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apple

28 77.78%
  • FBI

8 22.22%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Apple vs FBI

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran2820 View Post
    Looking at it now, yea you're right xD. I guess i just feel strongly about people being able to have their own privacy and to keep certain things to themselves.
    Don't get me wrong, however. Privacy is an absolute natural right, but not a Constitutionally protected one. I agree with you 100% on that. I just feel that in cases of radical Islamic terrorist attacks, the suspected terrorists or actual terrorists should not be given these privacy rights since they are not human (in the sense that they are actual savages and monsters for performing attacks like these). And, for reference, the U.S. Constitution does not explicitly guarantee any "right to privacy", however laws have protected privacy. So, given that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, it is fair to remove the privacy rights from terrorists (who really shouldn't have any rights).

Law enforcement already have a device called a cellebright UFED scanner with it they can make a complete backup/clone of the phone so they want to use the phone for future operations or possible lead them to other suspects in the terrorist attack that happened. What happened was a terrible event that cost the lives of a few people but that does not give the government the right to violate the constitution/bill of rights. It's a slippery slope once we allow any group to infringe on those rights for any reason we will not have that right for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdetroit View Post
    What happened was a terrible event that cost the lives of a few people but that does not give the government the right to violate the constitution/bill of rights.
    Privacy isn't protected by the Constitution, but your point is good.

@gino it depends on how you want to look at the 4th amendment to the constitution and how the supreme court is viewing it at the time. It's just like the 2nd amendment it does not just limit the ownership to old black powder rifles and many rulings from the the high court have changed over the years and the same will apply to technology as it advances. I'm not going to argue case law with you as everyone here has the right to there own opinion.

My bad for the bump, but this article says that Bill Gates is backing the FBI on this as well.
    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/3559f...#axzz410LNTHCL

What if theres not even anything on that phone?
    They could've reset it before the bombing and then put it on the reset after ten attemps mode. That way the cops ask for a way to break it open, someone gets ahold of the system, then nobody is safe.
    I'm on team Apple
    The one and only

LEPTO

feel free to pm me

Special thanks to Froz for making my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrEpicGen View Post
    What if theres not even anything on that phone?
    They could've reset it before the bombing and then put it on the reset after ten attemps mode. That way the cops ask for a way to break it open, someone gets ahold of the system, then nobody is safe.
    I'm on team Apple
    The chances of there being nothing on that phone is very unlikely. Tim Cook should be arrested for failing to comply with the FBI. Data on that phone could possibly save a life or two. Who the hell knows?

I'm afraid I'm with the FBI. I realize it puts people's personal info at risk but if there's a chance at shedding some more light onto this and possibly catching anyone that was plotting with the shooter, I'm all for it. I live in Southern California so hearing about a shooting like this makes me all the more concerned. I would personally but my security before my privacy.
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

Apple has just been given federal order to unlock atleast 13 device

FBI wins yes, what did you expect

What's fbi? And wha does it stands for

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm lol