Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eating in spar?

Eating in spar?

So, I wanted to know about this eating thing going on with everyone other person in spar and wanted to make some things clear about it.
    1. How does eating actually work(Lag ?)?
    2. Is there a way to prevent it ?
    3. Is it most of the time just people whining after losing and using "eat" as an excuse ?
    4. Can a person eat on purpose?
    5. Does sometimes delayed movement on your opponents screen makes it look like as if you were eating when you were actually dodging?

Thanks in advance for answering!
    "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."

Quote Originally Posted by Exter View Post
    So, I wanted to know about this eating thing going on with everyone other person in spar and wanted to make some things clear about it.
    3. Is it most of the time just people whining after losing and using "eat" as an excuse ?
    5. Does sometimes delayed movement on your opponents screen makes it look like as if you were eating when you were actually dodging?

It's basically number 5 On your screen (POV) You dodged them but for the opponent you didn't/You can't prevent it from happening and yes it's an excuse cause the opponent wasn't skilled enough to take you down, and he wants to make it look like he's better
    Since you're looking at this, why not look into my ganis?
    Click here boy-o ^

There is 3 ways people "eat" and is actually your own doing instead of theirs..

The first way. Is firing your shots into the opponent before they hit you back. Their bullets wont hurt you (in most rooms. Not all) so it can be a way of winning spar by timing, or rushing the shots.

The second way. Is your own delay between you and the other person. When you fire a bullet and it looks like it hits somebody. Thats because they have already dodged it. What you see is their movements just a moment before they dodged. If it looks like they are going between bullets. They most likely are on their screen. Bullets do have their own lag. What you see isnt exactly what the other person sees so you have to keep that in mind. Most of the time good dodging looks like eating.

The 3rd way is actually lagging to the point bullets dont affect you. Like sometimes when the server lags out and you can walk around in pk areas without dying. If a person is lagging in 1 spot bullets wont affect them however melees will. But if the server lags up and affected them there is no solution other than reporting and asking for a staff to disconnect them so they have to reconnect. Or leave the room. I hope that clears up some answers. i may be slightly wrong about the 2nd answer. But the reality of it is you both see something different. You cant blame the other user.
    They want to see you do good.
    But never better than them.

Remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    There is 3 ways people "eat" and is actually your own doing instead of theirs..

The first way. Is firing your shots into the opponent before they hit you back. Their bullets wont hurt you (in most rooms. Not all) so it can be a way of winning spar by timing, or rushing the shots.

The second way. Is your own delay between you and the other person. When you fire a bullet and it looks like it hits somebody. Thats because they have already dodged it. What you see is their movements just a moment before they dodged. If it looks like they are going between bullets. They most likely are on their screen. Bullets do have their own lag. What you see isnt exactly what the other person sees so you have to keep that in mind. Most of the time good dodging looks like eating.

The 3rd way is actually lagging to the point bullets dont affect you. Like sometimes when the server lags out and you can walk around in pk areas without dying. If a person is lagging in 1 spot bullets wont affect them however melees will. But if the server lags up and affected them there is no solution other than reporting and asking for a staff to disconnect them so they have to reconnect. Or leave the room. I hope that clears up some answers. i may be slightly wrong about the 2nd answer. But the reality of it is you both see something different. You cant blame the other user.
    2nd point is exactly what I wanted to know for most. Because when on my screen I am clearly dodging bullets and bullets are passing by me and not getting stopped by me but the other person calls it eat. Because whenever I get hit by a bullet from my screen view then I take damage for sure.

2nd point is exactly what I wanted to know for most. Because when on my screen I am clearly dodging bullets and bullets are passing by me and not getting stopped by me but the other person calls it eat. Because whenever I get hit by a bullet from my screen view then I take damage for sure.
    Happens all the time to me. Its not your fault. They see the bullets before you do. To fight against other people seemingly eating on your screen always try to shoot in front of the direction they are going.

Remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Happens all the time to me. Its not your fault. They see the bullets before you do. To fight against other people seemingly eating on your screen always try to shoot in front of the direction they are going.
    Okay, thanks for clearing the confusion because I couldn't enjoy sparring thinking that maybe I win unfair.

Banned
    If this could be spread to every boasters.

Prancer is right, there's no eating, the person is dodging your bullets

Players with 300+ ping usually eat cuz of their lag

Quote Originally Posted by mrgadosh View Post
    Players with 300+ ping usually eat cuz of their lag
    That meme pic tho XD

Remember that.