Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Short Story By Me.

Banned

A Short Story By Me.

A short story I have been working on. Might be confusing. Enjoy.

Stardate 08102413 - Saris assigns 26-year old Alexander Rain as Head of Security on board Saris's newest research facility, codenamed SERTANI 6. The rest of this data is classified, yeah yeah, blah blah. That was the description of me in an email I found in the Captain's computer. Why was I in the Captain's computer, you may ask? Well, we'll get there later. Let's start at the beginning.
    The shuttle docked with the station flawlessly, the suction of the airlock on the ship meeting with the airlock of the station and the engines powering down being the only audible sound. Sertani, eh? I thought to myself that NanoTrasen selling me to Saris was a crime, but when I realised that Saris had assigned me as their Head of Security, I felt much better. Saris was paying me extremely well, too, at $500,000 a year, plus all living expenses paid for by the company. Not only that, but I was able to get the latest in security gear and equipment, totally free.
    As I stepped off of the shuttle, I put on my newly-issued pair of Saris HUDGlasses, sunglasses that not only prevented you from being blinded by a flash, but also brought real time information based on a person's notoriety to the user. I expected my vision to be flooded with stats, but I got nothing. The station was as quiet as a tomb, and this is when I realised why Saris was so incredibly wealthy: They had a very little employee population. I kept in touch with Saris CEO's, codenames Serverus and Mivereous, their real names were classified. They seemed quite nice and friendly, and I was glad to be working for Saris, and not that bull**** NanoTrasen anymore.
    My jackboots on the other hand, were not new, and they were the exact same ones I had from when I was a Customs Officer at NanoTrasen 13, except Saris had made me scrape off the "NT" on the inner side of them, otherwise, they were just my old boots, except that they barely echoed on the station's floor. I opened my PDA, and selected the "Maps" tab. Instantly, I was greeted with a colorful rendition of the station, and I instantly found my Office. I started down the barren hallway, until I got to the standard red door of security. Back in December of 2004, the International Space Agency laid down rules about space stations, and door colors based on departments was one of those rules, Red for security, yellow for engineering, etc.
    I walked through the lobby, which was barren except for the Security desk, which had an officer sitting behind it, reading a magazine that had the 2113 Ferrari Venaro on the cover. The officer was well groomed, a perfectly styled hairdo, and a clean shave. The only flaw I saw with him was a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. I had never smoked a cigarette, and vowed never to. The only time I had ever smoked anything was a Cohiba Robusto Premium Cigar, at the meeting with NanoTrasen, in which they insisted I did so.
    I cleared my throat, and totally surprised the officer. I apologized, and introduced myself as Alex. He said he was Jason, and by the way he said that, I could instantly tell he was tired. I told him I was the HoS, and he saluted me. The words from my mouth saying he could go get some rest were like fresh, rejuvenating fruits for him. He thanked me, said it was a pleasure meeting me, and went off to bed. After all, it WAS 11 in the evening. I headed through the main security room, to my office. I entered, and immediately fell in love. It was spacious, almost as spacious as one of my college classrooms, although my classrooms did not have the view. The view was fantastic. Planets, moons, stars, all right outside my 6-inch thick bulletproof window. I sat down in my chair, which was so incredibly comfortable, I just knew I would be sleeping here some nights. I decided to hit it too. I walked over to my privacy shutters, pressed the button, and pressed another button with a small moon on it. Instantly, my desk and chairs were transformed into a king-size bed, complete with my own pillow that NanoTrasen must have had the kindness to ship them over here (Either that or Saris paid them to do it). I knew this was the work of our Research Division’s BLUESPACE project, so I made a mental note to thank them later. I changed into my pajamas, which were fitted and sized perfectly, even if it just was a t shirt and plaid pajama pants, they felt like ones I wore as a teen. I climbed into my bed, eyed the stars one last time, and closed my eyes.

Banned
    Part Two is coming soon.

I would love to read the story but I'm too lazy right now. I only read the beginning and so far in what I have read, you should make a book! I love poetry so much and is writing a book every weekends.
    "I like trains"

Banned
    hah, I plan to

Street Boss
    a SHORT story ?
    Silence Has UnderTaken Us Please!

Banned
    update 8/14 - 11:50 PM, i'm writing more.

Stardate 08102413 - Saris assigns 26-year old Alexander Rain as Head of Security on board Saris's newest research facility, codenamed SERTANI 6. The rest of this data is classified, yeah yeah, blah blah. That was the description of me in an email I found in the Captain's computer. Why was I in the Captain's computer, you may ask? Well, we'll get there later. Let's start at the beginning.
    The shuttle docked with the station flawlessly, the suction of the airlock on the ship meeting with the airlock of the station and the engines powering down being the only audible sound. Sertani, eh? I thought to myself that NanoTrasen selling me to Saris was a crime, but when I realised that Saris had assigned me as their Head of Security, I felt much better. Saris was paying me extremely well, too, at $500,000 a year, plus all living expenses paid for by the company. Not only that, but I was able to get the latest in security gear and equipment, totally free.
    As I stepped off of the shuttle, I put on my newly-issued pair of Saris HUDGlasses, sunglasses that not only prevented you from being blinded by a flash, but also brought real time information based on a person's notoriety to the user. I expected my vision to be flooded with stats, but I got nothing. The station was as quiet as a tomb, and this is when I realised why Saris was so incredibly wealthy: They had a very little employee population. I kept in touch with Saris CEO's, codenames Serverus and Mivereous, their real names were classified. They seemed quite nice and friendly, and I was glad to be working for Saris, and not that bull**** NanoTrasen anymore.
    My jackboots on the other hand, were not new, and they were the exact same ones I had from when I was a Customs Officer at NanoTrasen 13, except Saris had made me scrape off the "NT" on the inner side of them, otherwise, they were just my old boots, except that they barely echoed on the station's floor. I opened my PDA, and selected the "Maps" tab. Instantly, I was greeted with a colorful rendition of the station, and I instantly found my Office. I started down the barren hallway, until I got to the standard red door of security. Back in December of 2004, the International Space Agency laid down rules about space stations, and door colors based on departments was one of those rules, Red for security, yellow for engineering, etc.
    I walked through the lobby, which was barren except for the Security desk, which had an officer sitting behind it, reading a magazine that had the 2113 Ferrari Venaro on the cover. The officer was well groomed, a perfectly styled hairdo, and a clean shave. The only flaw I saw with him was a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. I had never smoked a cigarette, and vowed never to. The only time I had ever smoked anything was a Cohiba Robusto Premium Cigar, at the meeting with NanoTrasen, in which they insisted I did so.
    I cleared my throat, and totally surprised the officer. I apologized, and introduced myself as Alex. He said he was Jason, and by the way he said that, I could instantly tell he was tired. I told him I was the HoS, and he saluted me. The words from my mouth saying he could go get some rest were like fresh, rejuvenating fruits for him. He thanked me, said it was a pleasure meeting me, and went off to bed. After all, it WAS 11 in the evening. I headed through the main security room, to my office. I entered, and immediately fell in love. It was spacious, almost as spacious as one of my college classrooms, although my classrooms did not have the view. The view was fantastic. Planets, moons, stars, all right outside my 6-inch thick bulletproof window. I sat down in my chair, which was so incredibly comfortable, I just knew I would be sleeping here some nights. I decided to hit it too. I walked over to my privacy shutters, pressed the button, and pressed another button with a small moon on it. Instantly, my desk and chairs were transformed into a king-size bed, complete with my own pillow that NanoTrasen must have had the kindness to ship them over here (Either that or Saris paid them to do it). I knew this was the work of our Research Division’s BLUESPACE project, so I made a mental note to thank them later. I changed into my pajamas, which were fitted and sized perfectly, even if it just was a t shirt and plaid pajama pants, they felt like ones I wore as a teen. I climbed into my bed, eyed the stars one last time, and closed my eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was awoken by the sound of gunfire. I hopped out of bed, still in my pajamas, and grabbed my energy gun. This weapon was the weapon favored by high-level security members, as it has a stun and kill mode on the weapon. I opened the door to my office, and followed the sounds of the gunshots. Through the main security room I went, into a room which was labeled “Firing Range”. I’m an idiot. I stepped in, and observed as a man dressed in a black overcoat fired a Colt M1911 downrange, at a very fast moving target. The shooter was excellent. He fired with precision that rivaled that of a falcon hunting it’s prey. He reloaded the weapon with such speed, and gently tossed the spent clips into a bin. After what seemed like days, he stopped firing, holstered his weapon, and removed his over-ear earmuffs that protected his ears from the sheer sound power that emanated from the weapon. I cleared my throat, and he smoothly spun around. He had a black hood, and an armored overcoat that was as black as night. He pulled down his hood, and he had a face that was young and flawless. He was maybe 21, right out of training. He introduced himself as Johnathan Mary, Grand Protector.
    “What exactly does a Grand Protector do?” I asked.
    “Well, we protect heads of staff”, he said. “We follow Chain of Command. I was previously assigned to the Captain, but he is away, and we have no active Head of Personnel, so I am assigned to you, sir”.
    “Considering I’m one of the most armored people on the station, I’d rather have you protect the AI, If you would.” I stated.
    “Allright, I will do that, I’ll be on my way to the AI core immediately, Sir”.
    He started out the door, but turned around and gave me a peculiar look.
    “Sir, are you still in your pajamas?” He asked
    “Uh, yes, I am, I slept in my office. The bed is quite comfortable”, I retorted.
    He started laughing. “Slept in your office? It’s code green! Lowest Security level! No threats! You have a luxury suite just down the hall” He said. I felt stupid yet again.
    “Thanks, I’m new here.” He smiled, and started out the door. I wanted to see this so called “Luxury Suite” for myself, so I too started to it. I closed the firing range door, and pressed a button on the wall that looked like a vacuum sucking up bullet casings. Sure enough, it did just that. After the casings were sucked up, I left right away and hurried down the hall, to the security apartments. I passed the bunkroom for officers, Detective’s apartment, Warden’s apartment, and Johnathan’s apartment, otherwise known as the “Grand Protector’s Apartment”. At the very end of the hallway, there were two doors made of plassteel, an extremely strong material made from raw plasma ore and iron smelted together, forming a strong compound. The ID scanner hummed softly as I swiped my ID in the scanner, and the doors retreated into the walls. As soon as I had entered, the doors returned to their original position. The lights came on naturally, and I was amazed. It may not have been a five star hotel room, but for a high ranking officer on board a space station, it was wonderful. The first room was the kitchen, which was on a lower level. Plenty of space to cook and prepare food. Right up three stairs was the dining area, with six chairs and a beautiful mahogany table. An arched wall divided the dining area from the living room, a nice couch with an IntelliTV, and a new gaming console which I probably wouldn’t get around to using anyways. Directly behind the TV was a massive, reinforced window with a view that made my office view look like something of the past. I had a perfect view of Jool, the gas planet the station was in deep orbit around, as well as some of it’s moons. I followed the windows, to another opening in the wall, this time leading into my bedroom. My bed was a nice king sized bed, with a memory foam topper, just like I have back on Earth. I opened my wardrobe, and found four sections, two were marked by little squares, one green and one blue, I figured they were armored items for the station’s Security Code. The other two were unlabeled, but totally different, one held formal clothes, and one held all of my other articles of clothing. I began to change out of my pyjamas, slipped on my red Head of Security jumpsuit, and attached a shoulder holster to it. I buttoned on a pair of black jeans, stepped into my jackboots, and slipped on the armored overcoat, which was basically a bulletproof sport coat, which looked more like something a pirate would wear than a security member. Finally, I finished getting dressed by putting on my hat, standard Saris Officer hat. I proceeded to my black plassteel armory cabinet, which held an assortment of weapons. I decided to take it old school, and grabbed an HK MP7, screwed on a surpressor, and loaded a magazine into it. This weapon would be my backup, my concealed firearm. I slid this into my shoulder holster, which concealed it perfectly, and grabbed an energy gun, which fired nonlethal stun rounds, but also had the option of firing lethal lasers. I slid this into my waist holster, locked up my cabinets, and proceeded out into the dark world that was Sertani Station 6.

Short story xD
    Hi

actually, that's a short story guys.

I kinda agree. But my eyes is stinging when I saw alot of words
    Hi

My favorite part
    I hopped out of bed, still in my pajamas, and grabbed my energy gun.
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]