Thread: We need more skill events!

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar

Event Coin We need more skill events!

As many of you know, there are way too many race events than there are skill events and you can argue that some skill events don't require alot of skill.
    E.g.
    Trivia-If the questions were based on Quantum Physics, this may be a strong point in most people, but judging by the Player-base, I would say most players would be clueless.
    What I'm trying to say is that some Skill events do not require as much skill than events like Spar or Trivia.

I bring forth an ideas for an Event that can be categorized as skill as I feel that we need more skill events and less Races (too much speed hacking).

Description:

The Event shall be known as Tight Walk. (This could be a sort of race but oh well Catastrophy can be a sort of race)

Remember 2 years ago for the Halloween Quest which occurred at that house on an island and if you completed it you were granted access to the shop to purchase a Rat Morph etc.
    Well, Before we could get into the shop, we had to walk over a thin land and if we touched the black area, we would have to start again; Well I thought, Why can't we use that idea as an Event?
    That's not all:
    When you walk, Your scrim dims and you can't see the path however, when you are stationary you have full visibility of where to go next.
    Why would this be a skill?
    It requires you to have a good memory of the route and take good judgement as to how fast and far you should go.

Have any further suggestions? Leave them Below
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

I would like that that,but only if the other players were invisible.
    Lel

Quote Originally Posted by Jou43 View Post
    I would like that that,but only if the other players were invisible.
    If By Visible you mean Transparent then Yes they shall
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Technically Multiplex is a skill required event. B)

But yeah I see your point. Most are races which aren't really skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimitsu View Post
    Technically Multiplex is a skill required event. B)

But yeah I see your point. Most are races which aren't really skills.
    True dat
    -

I agree that race does have a lot of events, but they are all quicker than most events. Chance has 4 events and Team has 3 events. Skill however has 6 events which almost all of them take a lot of time. Hunted takes 30 minutes at least and spar could take 30 minutes depending on how many they host for. I say that we don't technically need more skill events but maybe more team events as it only has 3 events under it.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    I agree that race does have a lot of events, but they are all quicker than most events. Chance has 4 events and Team has 3 events. Skill however has 6 events which almost all of them take a lot of time. Hunted takes 30 minutes at least and spar could take 30 minutes depending on how many they host for. I say that we don't technically need more skill events but maybe more team events as it only has 3 events under it.
    Firstly, not all skill events take long.
    e.g. Tricky Tiles
    Catastrophe (So long as there is a low limit)
    Secondly, When Capture the Flag is hosted for 200 People and the Flag wins required is set to 3, how long does it take for a team to even score?
    Tag Team spar is another event that takes long depending on the player amount.

In all honesty, if we were to increase the amount of players in some team or skill events, the result would be the event lasting longer.
    -

I like the tight rope thing.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

The one and only

LEPTO

feel free to pm me

Special thanks to Froz for making my avatar

I was intrigued to reply to this thread right when I saw it and as a member of the Events Community I would love to treat this matter.
    Everytime Drake, Aero, Somout or my friend itZ Terry! host events, I see a similar pattern in the host; Race-Race-Chance-Team-Skill-Skill and I love it.
    Now, the amount of events available to host is very complex and I see no reason to make more.
    Trixcta´s event (Tricky Tiles) is a perfect example of why we don´t need more events, they never host it, why do you want more events when there is events some staff members dont even bother trying?

I see Spar, Water Race v1, Trivia, Rush, CTF (of course), etc. get hosted often and I especially love it, now I am not requesting admins to change the events they host because they all host different ones and we all apreciate that but I still see some left out and partially because we all hate them. The point of this is, there is no need of new ones because these are fine and challenging to master all so that´s makes it equal.
    Need Help?
    Shoot me a PM on Era-Go! I will gladly help you!

Contact Me?
    Email: [email protected]