Thread: Stories From Era Episode One: Betrayal

Stories From Era Episode One: Betrayal

This is a documentation of the events that took place a week ago. First off I must explain that before I became a untrusting bitter scociopath I was a street thug floating from gang to cartel never really rising too far up the ranks until being kicked by some guy the leader trusted with powers but inevitably we all knows what happens when you trust randoms.

Anyway I started going to the same spots pretty much every day including Astro, the hotel and a couple other gang hideouts that were being used instead of abandoned like they usually are. One day I catch some guy named devin harassing some girls and usually I just report and move on but he notices me and decides to start a conversation. After me talking about trying to get into a gang and move up in the world he offers me a position in his gang. I refuse but from there on we did stay allies and friends.

So begins a long couple month period where I gain the capital to start my own gang and become allies with him, I went on to grow quickly and follow a traditional crime family format. Ironicly though I was unknowingly digging myself into a hole. By having his back I was cementing a bad blood with pretty much any family in Era that it was possible to anger and throw empty threats at. He would constantly harrass and cause wars. On a daily basis sometimes, getting reported was nothing to him. He spent half the time in jail he was in Era.

So why stick with him you would say probably. Well I needed him, especially since every family in Era now knew the name of me and my family. I was reckless enough and stupid enough to participate in constant wars where both of us would get decimated by the wealthy more well equipped gangs in Era. A combination of stubbornly staying there and never giving up, and the fact we threatened these minigun toting kingpins with our AK-47's and adaptive combat rifles drew them in like moths to a flame.

That brings us to the events of a week ago. So I met with a certain mob boss in confidence and discussed leaving Devin's side and siding with him. When I did I was only pretending and was going to plot with Devin about how to jump him and send a message. I was with a girl named brianna at the time and I didn't find it necessary to ask her to leave because as far as I knew at the time she had no connections. A day later I notified Devin and he was un-characteristically nervous about the whole situation which I found odd but didn't pay the amount of attention that in retrospect I probably should have.

After having a "conversation" with some guy Devin's girlfriend was cheating on him with who was also a member of his gang. He asked to come to my house and I said sure, when we sat down Brianna walked through the door. Apperantly she was his daughter witch I didn't know obviously. He demanded that I kick her from my gang and we don't ever speak again witch angered me but I put up with it. At this point I was debating how solid his mental state was considering he was borderline hysterical.

Still his choice to shatter my contact with Brianna had me confused. I just didn't understand the reasoning behind it. He said let's go up to mercy Beach. Ironic I was the one driving him up from potluck pig to get there, given what he did next. He and one other man he had with him were there. He said "I need to follow a guy who stabbed me in the back".

When we got up to a abandoned part of the beach he said " I would never let somebody do that to me" rubbing it in that I let him split me and Brianna up. I responded "you know I let you do that"
    Devin- "Mhmm I bet you did hehe"
    Me- "aye don't get cocky there"
    Devin- "just admit your just a little ***** and I made you look like a little *****"
    Me- "watch yourself let's keep this civil I could always go back on the deal I made with (I mentioned the boss I met with before)"
    Devin- "oh you little ***** can't fight your own battles?"
    Me- "no I know when to start wars and this isn't worth my time, just calm down"
    Devin- "I ain't calming ****, ***** you can't take me on I'm for real unlike the rich ***** you turned into"
    Me- "is that a threat? You better calm down and think this through, really think about this"
    Devin- **** off you little ***** you want a war you got it!"
    Me- "I don't want war you idiot just calm down!"

Right after I said that he pulled out his pistol and shot me. After that I pulled out my acr and from there ended my alliance with him. It did however begin a firefight that led into a war. It also began my alliance with another family run by the boss I met with and he was allies with other families and now I am slowly but surely rising in the world of the underground crime syndicates that run the city of Era.

He is still roaming the streets of Era and spending alot of time in jail and will soon be spending time off my list of people to sadistically murder at a random time. After I do actually sadistically murder him and get my revenge. As far as Brianna I have kept contact with her and still do, the girl that was cheating on Devin is still in my gang and is hopefully going to be in on the plot to get my revenge. Just as a added bonus of betraying me.

{As for me I'll be doing things as usual and coming up with something interesting enough to document here. Also I am trying to improve my writing so be honest, and as always constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks for reading!}

Bang bang, inb4 people harshly judge role-playing

Nice story though, very well written, I would love another story with Devin's point of view.

Like you know, how he grew up buckwild and his environment is what made him how he is now, like he doesn't mean to shoot you.

If you have time you should read Alexander Hamilton by Chernow.
    Or you can listen to the album “Hamilton" by Lin MM, it's a long album but it might give you some inspiration to write your story out of your comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by BeBackLater View Post
    Bang bang, inb4 people harshly judge role-playing

Nice story though, very well written, I would love another story with Devin's point of view.

Like you know, how he grew up buckwild and his environment is what made him how he is now, like he doesn't mean to shoot you.

If you have time you should read Alexander Hamilton by Chernow.
    Or you can listen to the album “Hamilton" by Lin MM, it's a long album but it might give you some inspiration to write your story out of your comfort zone.
    Thanks I always hate what I write or create. I do wish roleplaying in Era was more widespread. Considering that Devin is a fake name for an actual person a prequel would be completely fictional but it's a good idea. Thanks again

Happier, gratefully. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ipignation View Post
    Thanks I always hate what I write or create. I do wish roleplaying in Era was more widespread. Considering that Devin is a fake name for an actual person a prequel would be completely fictional but it's a good idea. Thanks again
    Didn't you make a thread stating you hate RPers, though? I could be mistaken. Perhaps it was only a select group of RPers.
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

'Little did they know I was born for the role.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiroo Wolf View Post
    Didn't you make a thread stating you hate RPers, though? I could be mistaken. Perhaps it was only a select group of RPers.
    No it was me being critical of a select group of young "RPers" who use RP as word for sexual forplay. I cite arma 3 life and dayz and other RP communities as what I love to see. I don't hate them they are a nuesance and it is very counterintuitive to what we need in Era and iEra.