Thread: Nemesis

Nemesis

Prologue

That's when I heard the alarms. The sheer blaring sound of it made all of us jump up, as if none of us were expecting it. We all knew at some point during this trip, we would. I decided to step up and take action. "Where are you going?", Veltis asked me, sounding rather surprise. "I'm going to take care of the problem.", I told her in a stern voice. Everyone looked at me as if I were crazy. They act as if it were that big of a deal, to handle something like this alone. I guess you can't really please everyone. There was an awkward silence in the room just before I left. No one followed me, and no one told me to not go. Our people have been doing this for over 3 million years, and I feel like I must do my part, even if it risks death. I traveled towards the lower basin, and headed down the stairs. It seemed like walking down there took forever, but I knew that what I was doing was right. I finally arrived at the area and was greeted with a vicious snarl. Piles of dead bodies and bones were scattered everywhere, probably from the last unsuccessful mission Umbrella carried out. He said he was completely traumatized by what remained here on the fight of 1835, when the Incore attacked us. It wasn't a pretty fight, but we got the job done. "Heh... they sent some wimp like you to fight me?", I heard a voice say. I looked up and saw him, with the same face as the one I've seen in the books. I heard he was ugly, but I never thought he would be this bad. I raised my head fully, and looked him dead center in the eyes. "Someone around here has to take out the trash.", I told him. "Hah! You got a big mouth kid. I'd like to see how it matches up against your combat skills.", he said, boldly. He may be right. With only 4 years of combat training and the deep inside fear I have of him, I might not have a shot at all. I drew my energy sword, a gift I received from the academy during my training from a few friends I was in with. "Eager to die now, are we?", he said. I paid no attention to him. I looked at my reflection in the energy sword. Clear. The sensation of fear on my face glared back at me, watching me, knowing that I will die here, no matter what. I looked back upon him, and smiled. "Let's get this show on the road... shall we?", he said. I'm going to be massacred, but deep inside, I know it's for a good cause. "Let's do this then."
    Last edited by MikeyUK; 03-20-2016 at 12:10 AM.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

This is really good. Good job!
    "Do you even ec bro?"

You, have, skills! Countinue writing, I love your stories, and way of writing
    ineffable.

I like it, Michael ^-^
    I enjoy anime and anime related things. I also enjoy cooking, exercising, and education. That always comes first!!

i like these

i always read them before sleep