Thread: Please Help with Hat

hwaryun

Please Help with Hat

So I have never done any GFX before and this hat would be my first attempt at doing so.
    In Tricky's GFX guide (https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=tricky) she mentioned that we should select our work with the selector tool and copy paste it into the other sides/ heads. I am having some trouble understanding this step. Can anyone please help me step by step on what I should do? Also, feel free to comment on the head. It's not completely done yet but any constructive criticism is much appreciated. Thank you.
    Capture.jpg

What tricky said was about the side looking (left/right and grab also I bet) you can select your hat, and with a tool, you can reverse it like a mirror, then past it on the other side which makes everything go faster

And I have never done hats also, so I cant help you more sorry, but I do like the idea!

hwaryun
    Whenever I use the selector tool, it moves the template with it. Is there a way to make it so that only the hat, not the template is transferred when I copy paste it?

To select the hat, you have 2-3 different tools to make it the easier possible.
    For this, we will use the Square and the little wand.
    Select one of them and for both use the double pink square tool each time you use them.
    With the square you can select squares, obvious, and with the wand you can select colors, if you click that orange color, it will select the nearby orange colors that looks quite the same. Click all of them untill the hat is all selected, the square tool can be useful even tho I dont use it in theses situations.
    Then Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V (copy / paste) the hat and click that mirror tool, and move it to where you want it to be

We could skype if you need more help. Hope you can finish this hat !

Edit : Uhm thats for gimp, I bet, idk paint.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/MGPVz
    Last edited by Morganga; 07-05-2016 at 07:55 AM.

Where's the outline?
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    Whenever I use the selector tool, it moves the template with it. Is there a way to make it so that only the hat, not the template is transferred when I copy paste it?
    You need to use gimp, or paint.net because the default paint does not have the tools necessary. You need to add a new layer and work on top of the template. Message me on skype for more help. Nickayoub111
    Noof was here.