Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scores for GST Qualifiers (As of right now)

@meph thanks dude

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Yes, the lack of competition in Gang Spar this week has been really bugging me.
    This is the main reason that I wanted to release the scores early; a score of 25 is not sufficient to qualify a gang for GST, in my opinion.

Hopefully, seeing how low the bar is set will encourage people to come and fight.

Yeah, it seems they're playing the role of gatekeeper for the GS Qualifiers.
    I kind of see it as a good thing; they're providing a barrier of entry and weeding out the gangs that don't make the cut.
    just a suggestion, next year you should place a cap on a qualifying score to get in or some kind of deterrence to stop gangs who are well qualified to give other gangs some kind of chance to get in.

You said you were upset of the lack of teams trying, well when you have 2 or 3 gangs that will not leave gang spar/basebattle who are obviously seasoned players who have been played for years and are already well qualified for gst, with the way you have your point scoring system, gangs don't want to try if they keep losing a point for every loss, especially vs gangs who are already in.

I know you want it skill based, etc, but if you actually want gangs to participate you have to at least give them a realistic chance to qualify , maybe a point system 2 points for a win and 1 point loss for a loss. Otherwise gangs get stuck in a queue vs a gang who is already qualified and after a few bad rounds they can loss a substantial amount of points. Even if they won a bunch vs other gangs. Either that or placing a cap on a qualifying score , like a 1000points or something or prevent them from continuing to qualify after a certain amount of wins and make their spot guaranteed so they won't worry about it and other gangs will be more likely and willing to try. Or prevent them from continuning them from losing points similar to the way you cap gaining points.

This is also the reason why gang spars scores are so low, because 2 well qualified gangs keep ruining other gangs scores lol and you complain about a gang possibly qualifying with 25 points , that gang could a won 75 matches and had to keep facing an opponent that was superior but they had no other choice since that gang won't leave and other gangs won't try, feel me? That's not how real qualifiers for any kind of real life tournament is ran.

Just don't see the current system as an efficient way to promote participation if there are gangs who are doing everything they can to screw up other gangs chances, even after they are shoe ins for the tournament. You want gangs to try right?

Also its ridiculous there is no scoreboard, again I know you didn't want to deter players from trying but to not even know the score is a deceptive way to try promote participation, and few are trying now anyways.
    Last edited by killakev; 07-09-2016 at 04:08 PM.

People keep asking for the updated scores, here they are!
    7 Hours remaining! Make it count =D!

Top 10 Gang Spar
    1) Magus4Lyfe - 898
    2) Wario - 578
    3) Directionz - 110
    4) Messiah - 94
    5) CatalystGST - 70
    6) Tetris - 33
    7) Great - 28
    8) Enigmatic - 24
    9) Shrekt - 5
    10) Katyusha - 5

Top 10 Base Battle
    1) Deny - 408
    2) PurpleAlien - 377
    3) SmackedGST - 336
    4) Club - 309
    5) Enigmatic - 303
    6) GPN - 85
    7) LethalInjection - 37
    8) Shrekt - 20
    9) Awaked - 20
    10) Yawn - 16
    Tune in for live streaming action from gang bases, events, and other iEra activities, with commentary!

Top 10 Gang Spar
    1) Magus4Lyfe - 898
    2) Wario - 578
    3) Directionz - 110
    4) Messiah - 94
    5) CatalystGST - 70
    6) Tetris - 33
    7) Great - 28
    8) Enigmatic - 24
    9) Shrekt - 5
    10) Katyusha - 5

Top 10 Base Battle
    1) Deny - 408
    2) PurpleAlien - 377
    3) SmackedGST - 336
    4) Club - 309
    5) Enigmatic - 303
    6) GPN - 85
    7) LethalInjection - 37
    8) Shrekt - 20
    9) Awaked - 20
    10) Yawn - 16
    thx

Well GL to all the gangs participating!
    Send me PMs in game if you need me.
    -iJohn

Have A Great Day

Top 10 Gang Spar
    1) Magus4Lyfe - 898
    2) Wario - 578
    3) Directionz - 110
    4) Messiah - 94
    5) CatalystGST - 70
    6) Tetris - 33
    7) Great - 28
    8) Enigmatic - 24
    9) Shrekt - 5
    10) Katyusha - 5

Top 10 Base Battle
    1) Deny - 408
    2) PurpleAlien - 377
    3) SmackedGST - 336
    4) Club - 309
    5) Enigmatic - 303
    6) GPN - 85
    7) LethalInjection - 37
    8) Shrekt - 20
    9) Awaked - 20
    10) Yawn - 16
    goodluck to everyone
    -2010-

Meph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ4 View Post
    Meph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please don't bump old threads, if you need Meph, feel free to PM him in-game or on Era-Go.