Thread: Racism

Banned

Racism

I understand that in Ace's sticky it states not post why I was jailed, which is why I am giving full permission to close the thread because I didn't know before.

This is completely over blown. Around 10 minutes ago I was jailed for Racism because I had this quote in my status "In my opinion, I think if the African Race would stop all the crime, than there would not be a race problem". Is this really what the world has come to? Can no one take a mature opinion at all? I don't understand, if I wanted to be racist I would have replaced African with the N word and used more profanity and brought up more facts. The purpose of this status wasn't to be racist it was to express my opinion. As a player with more than 8.6k hours and $1000+ spent on the game, I don't think I will waste my time any further if this is the pathway this game is going. The rules of racism quoted by snk are as follows: somebody based on their ethnicity or name calling. I don't think I crossed the line on any of that! The admin who jailed me was Coke Dragon. I changed my ip to log on a new account to explain to him he was wrong, he didn't care and jailed that one too.

I am asking the community what you think on behalf of this, tell me what you agree / disagre on and I won't take it personally.

I don't want anyone who is of the African race to feel I am targetting you because I am not. I know there are many Africans who are genuinely good.

Give me a break! Graal798817
    Last edited by AsiraderGraal; 07-09-2016 at 07:54 AM.

Veteran Picciotti
    Certain staff have certain aspects of racism, I'd stay clear of all racial jokes and statements because stuff like this happens a lot. Shame it happened though Asi.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkyone View Post
    Certain staff have certain aspects of racism, I'd stay clear of all racial jokes and statements because stuff like this happens a lot. Shame it happened though Asi.

Sucks to see I can't even have a public opinion on anything anymore. Especially if these brainless staff members are enforcing it. Especially without any warning or PM.

@Alkyone You truly are one of the only players who understand / have common sense. Would love to see you as a PR someday, considering all the idiots of today.
    Last edited by AsiraderGraal; 07-09-2016 at 08:52 AM.

Ex. Player Relations Admi RenoDorvay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AsiraderGraal View Post
    I understand that in Ace's sticky it states not post why I was jailed, which is why I am giving full permission to close the thread because I didn't know before.

This is completely over blown. Around 10 minutes ago I was jailed for Racism because I had this quote in my status "In my opinion, I think if the African Race would stop all the crime, than there would not be a race problem". Is this really what the world has come to? Can no one take a mature opinion at all? I don't understand, if I wanted to be racist I would have replaced African with the N word and used more profanity and brought up more facts. The purpose of this status wasn't to be racist it was to express my opinion. As a player with more than 8.6k hours and $1000+ spent on the game, I don't think I will waste my time any further if this is the pathway this game is going. The rules of racism quoted by snk are as follows: somebody based on their ethnicity or name calling. I don't think I crossed the line on any of that! The admin who jailed me was Coke Dragon. I changed my ip to log on a new account to explain to him he was wrong, he didn't care and jailed that one too.

I am asking the community what you think on behalf of this, tell me what you agree / disagre on and I won't take it personally.

I don't want anyone who is of the African race to feel I am targetting you because I am not. I know there are many Africans who are genuinely good.

The "African Race" are people that live in Africa lol, I'm assuming you're talking about African Americans

Personally I wouldn't have warned you for that quote if I were staff but I think that it's not entirely unjustified either. Remember that Era is aimed at a young audience and as such the staff here have to make sure that everything is suitable.
    Race issues should be avoided because it can quickly lead to Tantrum City, as can religious and cultural arguments. If it can possible offend someone, don't say it.

I feel that whoever jailed you though, should have issued a PM first, which I'm assuming he or she didn't because you didn't mention it in your post...
    Legal threats should go through the support center.

Ex. iEra Player Relations Admin - Oceania/Asia. 2011-2017.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain

I can see where Coke got the racism from -- Personally, it sounds like you are blaming all crime on African Americans. Flaming up the stereotype.
    ”If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.“ - Inspire Gang News

Ex. Player Relations Admi RenoDorvay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viguetas View Post
    I can see where Coke got the racism from -- Personally, it sounds like you are blaming all crime on African Americans. Flaming up the stereotype.
    Yeah it's a bit too edgy for Graal lol.

Should have PM'd and reset the status.

Asi - if you had a large warn history before this incident this would have helped you get jailed too.
    Legal threats should go through the support center.

Ex. iEra Player Relations Admin - Oceania/Asia. 2011-2017.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoDorvay View Post
    The "African Race" are people that live in Africa lol, I'm assuming you're talking about African Americans

Personally I wouldn't have warned you for that quote if I were staff but I think that it's not entirely unjustified either. Remember that Era is aimed at a young audience and as such the staff here have to make sure that everything is suitable.
    Race issues should be avoided because it can quickly lead to Tantrum City, as can religious and cultural arguments. If it can possible offend someone, don't say it.

I feel that whoever jailed you though, should have issued a PM first, which I'm assuming he or she didn't because you didn't mention it in your post...
    As nonsense as it sounds, that's like being obediant to one specific race. If that's the case once again as nonsense as it sounds, I don't doubt someone to start whining about how the guns in the game need to be removed because they show religous disturbance. The church being removed because it demonstrates things against certain religions. As well as the airplanes at the airport remind them of 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Viguetas View Post
    I disagree because anyone with common sense would know that not all African Americans have something to do with crime, however I respect the response.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RenoDorvay View Post
    Yeah it's a bit too edgy for Graal lol.

Should have PM'd and reset the status.

Asi - if you had a large warn history before this incident this would have helped you get jailed too.
    I would have gladly been respectful to Coke if I was asked politely to remove it. As well as I think you get jailed for the first warning as far as racism is delt with.

You were jailed for presenting an opinion?

I personally don't like and agree with your opinion but just because I don't agree with doesn't mean you should be silenced. I'm not sure why you'd present such an opinion in a video game such as this but nonetheless you should be entitled to.

PC culture has taken over, this is a consequence of such, it's sad but sadly there isn't much you can do about it.

Veteran Picciotti
    Sucks to see I can't even have a public opinion on anything anymore. Especially if these brainless staff members are enforcing it. Especially without any warning or PM.

@Alkyone You truly are one of the only players who understand / have common sense. Would love to see you as a PR someday, considering all the idiots of today.
    heh, thanks man, but I doubt it would happen because I am not here to please staff and that might make them dislike me.

And yeah, Graal isn't the best place to voice your opinion because some staff don't know what an opinion is any may ban you for sharing a different belief.

Yea, creating threads regarding jails is against the rules. Submit a ticket at support.toonslab.com
    Welcome to the forums!