Thread: Mpx update- My Thoughts

Thumbs up Mpx update- My Thoughts

This are my thoughts about the new updated released today about multiplex
    Is totally pointless. MPX sparring was a hideout for those of us who cant stand bar noobs, spammers, and laggers. Now it results as something else , with what point? Be able to determine our wins in order to get 2 hats and 3 skins?
    Why not just make a little message at the bottom of your screen (streak type) that simply tells you "You dont have enough spar wins within multiplex to get this item". Now we have an amazing gun LITERALLY made for sparring but we cant actually use it for spar. The game is perfect how it is and how its been, we dont need more useless updates, just take some time to figure out how to get us less lag we will all be happy
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Banned
    What you mean "it can't be used"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    What you mean "it can't be used"?
    I mean that we cant use it to change our "Spar W-L" with multiplex now it goes to "MPX Solo-spar". Basically, my main concern is that now sparring with multiplex gun will not affect our default spar wins or losses, instead those spars will now count for "MPX solo-spar/duo-spar
    ATT-

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycloud View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I mean that we cant use it to change our "Spar W-L" with multiplex now it goes to "MPX Solo-spar". Basically, my main concern is that now sparring with multiplex gun will not affect our default spar wins or losses, instead those spars will now count for "MPX solo-spar/duo-spar
    Ah i understand what you mean now, I'd partially agree with part of the points u mentioned about the hat and skins rewards by separating stats.

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!

Is totally pointless. MPX sparring was a hideout for those of us who cant stand bar noobs, spammers, and laggers. Now it results as something else , with what point?
    Now we have an amazing gun LITERALLY made for sparring but we cant actually use it for spar.
    Anybody that has paid attention to the Spar Complex lately, can tell you that stats have little relationship with the individual's skill level.

Same goes with the rewards-- the Vector, for example, has a barrier-to-entry of 15,000 wins.
    With this, one would think a Vector to be a representation of somebody who is truly talented.
    However, you can walk to the spar complex and disprove this statement many times.

This is because sparring is no longer a representation of skill.
    The days of the M4 and Famas are gone - the guns released lately permit handicaps that simply kill the skill-based environment; therefore, the stats acquired there have little value.
    You've already acknowledged Multiplex as a safe-haven for skill-based play, so you obviously are on board with this.

It's for that very reason that we wanted a distinction with Multiplex scores.
    We didn't want to mesh our skill-based environment with those handicaps.
    A win in Multiplex represents a more genuine win than one in the Spar Complex -- it is a focus on the individual's skill, because many of those handicaps have been removed:

1) Gun Advantage - The obvious distinction with Multiplex is the gun enforcement.
    The only gun that is permitted is the Multiplex Gun, which, while customizable, is governed by limited stat points so that the end result is a fair match.

2) There are no "small" arenas in Multiplex.
    Smaller arenas reward spammers -- not something that we wanted to endorse with Multiplex.
    Those cheap tactics have reigned supreme for too long in the Spar Complex.
    We've made the default arena size in Multiplex larger, so that this handicap will also not be permitted.

3) Other mechanical advantages present in the other spar complex are non-existent in the Multiplex.
    Walk speed doesn't vary, and the gun is always in perfect condition.

These handicaps aren't present in the Multiplex.
    Those competing in Multiplex are in a totally different playing field from those competing in other arenas.
    When somebody sees good Multiplex stats displayed in your profile, that's a reflection on you-- not your gun, or the other handicaps mentioned above.

Given this, a win in Multiplex carries more value than a win in the Spar Complex.
    Again- this is the reason the stats have been divided. It would be senseless to put a BAR/GM4 win in the same pool as a Multiplex win.
    Those who spar in Multiplex are after a challenge, not a handicap.

Be able to determine our wins in order to get 2 hats and 3 skins?
    Those are the currently attainable ones, yes.
    There will be more rewards released in the future.
    I'm not sure how far you go back, but the Spar complex, once upon a time, had very limited rewards as well.
    just take some time to figure out how to get us less lag we will all be happy
    I apologize for the lag lately-- I've noticed it too.

I believe it's due to the increase in playercount over the years.
    But do understand this: those who work on Multiplex and other similar projects do not have the means to upgrade the server.

I do not have regular contact with the individuals who have access to this information, nor those who can make this sort of change.
    I'm personally not entirely sure if the game is in the position to make such a server upgrade; I would need to see Toonslab's financial statements before I can make that call.

Hope this helps,
    Meph
    Tune in for live streaming action from gang bases, events, and other iEra activities, with commentary!

Banned Sottocapo
    I like mpex
    Spar complex is pretty unfair and not hard to get wins
    Multiplex in a nutshell: Fair gun vs fair gun
    Spar complex in a nutshell: unfair gun vs unbalanced gun

Rodeo
    How much wins are needed for the hats and skins?
    Feel free to message me if you have questions or concerns

I think the great thing about spar in MPX is that the gun can be customised so people can adapt to there usual style but the weapons are still fair.

Tbh I spent only a little bit of time in MPX so far and I really enjoy it.

One little part of the MPX that I don't enjoy is the fact that the MPX gun uses ammo, i find it unfair because the guns only usable within this location.

Was sparring on an alt and I ran out of ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Anybody that has paid attention to the Spar Complex lately, can tell you that stats have little relationship with the individual's skill level.

Same goes with the rewards-- the Vector, for example, has a barrier-to-entry of 15,000 wins.
    With this, one would think a Vector to be a representation of somebody who is truly talented.
    However, you can walk to the spar complex and disprove this statement many times.

This is because sparring is no longer a representation of skill.
    The days of the M4 and Famas are gone - the guns released lately permit handicaps that simply kill the skill-based environment; therefore, the stats acquired there have little value.
    You've already acknowledged Multiplex as a safe-haven for skill-based play, so you obviously are on board with this.

It's for that very reason that we wanted a distinction with Multiplex scores.
    We didn't want to mesh our skill-based environment with those handicaps.
    A win in Multiplex represents a more genuine win than one in the Spar Complex -- it is a focus on the individual's skill, because many of those handicaps have been removed:

1) Gun Advantage - The obvious distinction with Multiplex is the gun enforcement.
    The only gun that is permitted is the Multiplex Gun, which, while customizable, is governed by limited stat points so that the end result is a fair match.

2) There are no "small" arenas in Multiplex.
    Smaller arenas reward spammers -- not something that we wanted to endorse with Multiplex.
    Those cheap tactics have reigned supreme for too long in the Spar Complex.
    We've made the default arena size in Multiplex larger, so that this handicap will also not be permitted.

3) Other mechanical advantages present in the other spar complex are non-existent in the Multiplex.
    Walk speed doesn't vary, and the gun is always in perfect condition.

These handicaps aren't present in the Multiplex.
    Those competing in Multiplex are in a totally different playing field from those competing in other arenas.
    When somebody sees good Multiplex stats displayed in your profile, that's a reflection on you-- not your gun, or the other handicaps mentioned above.

Given this, a win in Multiplex carries more value than a win in the Spar Complex.
    Again- this is the reason the stats have been divided. It would be senseless to put a BAR/GM4 win in the same pool as a Multiplex win.
    Those who spar in Multiplex are after a challenge, not a handicap.

Those are the currently attainable ones, yes.
    There will be more rewards released in the future.
    I'm not sure how far you go back, but the Spar complex, once upon a time, had very limited rewards as well.

I apologize for the lag lately-- I've noticed it too.

I believe it's due to the increase in playercount over the years.
    But do understand this: those who work on Multiplex and other similar projects do not have the means to upgrade the server.

I do not have regular contact with the individuals who have access to this information, nor those who can make this sort of change.
    I'm personally not entirely sure if the game is in the position to make such a server upgrade; I would need to see Toonslab's financial statements before I can make that call.

Hope this helps,
    Meph
    I have no problem with the gun, is perfectly suited for spar. I just dont like how there is three different types of spar now.
    ATT-