Thread: Learning GFX

Learning GFX

So i've been practicing making heads from scratch, making guns from scratch and frankly, i don't know jow to freaking shade. It's all just one block of colour, and if I try to shade it looks so bad. So, can anyone please teach me or tutor me in making gfx I badly need it.

╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚

Shading is easily the hardest part.

You should read some guides and post your progress for some constructive criticism. The road to success is not an easy one.

Hey
    You can visit this site and find "Revenix" thread posts
    https://www.era-go.com/vb5/forum/dev...ice-on-shading
    Guide to learn how to shade your graphics but try to use PC to make your Pixel Good
    Do not Open
     Spoiler

Disc: NCX#4821

See more tutorials about it.

Like I told someone; Just look at how the real world gives lighting to an object. At the form, that is, gives different shading than other objects. Observe the way one's depth is and how it affects the color of the object. Study study study.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299 Really helped me with graphics. Take a look!
    Hello! I'm Daze. I like to make levels, graphics, gani, and script (somewhat).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Graalonline Delteria - Former Graphics Team
    Graalonline Zone - Former Levels Team
    Graalonline Ol' West - Current Levels Team
    Graalonline Era - Current Levels Team Trial

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Exfuzion Yaggelo View Post
    So i've been practicing making heads from scratch, making guns from scratch and frankly, i don't know jow to freaking shade. It's all just one block of colour, and if I try to shade it looks so bad. So, can anyone please teach me or tutor me in making gfx I badly need it.
    Shading purely adds depth. If I made a helmet for example, and I wanted a rim in the front sticking out, how would people see that if the helmets all one color? Simple, add shading. It hen looks like it is sticking out because it is lighter on the rim. Shading should mostly be used to show depth or emphasize something on your gfx.