Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/07/2016 - Bug fixes and updates

20/07/2016 - Bug fixes and updates

Hi,

I've booked a day off my real job tomorrow to fix a lot of the issues you guys are having on Era.

Please can you help me make a list of the things you'd like fixed? Post here or reference any threads. If it's an urgent fix I'll probably do it tomorrow

Top Priority
    • Announce FB like and Share winners
    • Investigate the Librarian Staff jailing players - anti hack
    • Add Gang Logo uploads to Upload site
    • New in game gang chat - I made this a while back I'll implement it so you can test.
    • Make WebRC accept NC commands so I can be productive anywhere!!
    • iOS Controls - https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...mization/page4
    • Can use all Melee items in Multiplex
    • Facebook graphics - index them to prevent scaling issues.

Suggestions
    • Trade Tables - block spammers and pizza peel
    • Daily Quests
    • Search in Trade Menu - potentially move the system to a similar system as the inventory with custom folders so you can create a folder with key items that you usually trade
    • Gang Activity logs (player recruited player, player kicked player, player changed gang news, etc)
    • Rare cars - x10 golden, pimp mobile etc
    • More Karambits, Balisongs and Bayonets

Potential (Updates that would need looking in to before moving to suggestions)
    • Customize Car colours (i.e. bonnet, lights). Potentially we can do this, I'm concerned about the lag it would have.
    • Customized houses - if we implement this it would be for Event Coins. Once a player has a customized house they can't revert... which is probably why I won't implement this.
    • Please Add "Player List" at MENU. Reason:Easily see Admin / Players who's online. This could lag, but I could limit it so that only identified players are found with over xxx hours. I don't want new players being harassed. I'm not sure about it displaying admins too- I'd rather them focus on PR activities as most people PM them to talk, not for help.
    • Radios - Astro's can stream, but you'll have to find your own music.We can't do playlists unfortunately.
    • Player Search on map - could potentially lag, if I limit it to one every few minutes then maybe not.
    • Move ARTE buildings to main. This could impact Halloween so we'll have to evaluate at a later date.

Can't be done
    • Car hit boxes - they'll always be the size of the player.
    • Selllable / Tradeable cars - Would be interesting but not much point. We don't have a wide range of cars, nor are they different from each other...
    • Cotton Bud Tradeable - We did this with the chainsaw and it was terrible. We've decided to not change any other melee's going forward.
    • Increase Shell Rate or make shovels last longer - This won't change from this setting. We want players to do other jobs, not just shelling. This is why we won't remove gun repairs as minerals- it keeps players doing other things.

Admins/Mods - please feel free to append to this list.
    Last edited by snk; 07-19-2016 at 11:14 AM.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    -Make us able to drive through angry noob NPCs. (They often make the car get stuck). I don't know why they are there, are they purposely supposed to do that?

-Make arcade coins tradable or increase the limit of them since you don't get freebies when you have 10000+. I want to do other things in Era, not spend all my time in the arcade.

-Make showdays not get reset when you log in on a new device. Whenever I log in on a different device/browser, my showdays go down to 0. This only happens on my main account which has been used on more than 10 devices/browsers (the "yes, transfer my account" and "no, log in but don't transfer" options no longer appear). I really want the 365 days achievement, but it's nearly impossible with the way the showdays currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by snk View Post
    [*]Increase Shell Rate or make shovels last longer - This won't change from this setting. We want players to do other jobs, not just shelling. This is why we won't remove gun repairs as minerals- it keeps players doing other things.[/LIST]
    More like make players buy iTunes XD

- I don't have this problem for some reason, but fellow PC/Facebook Era players see broken textures on things like water and some buildings.
    - Also, some textures can't be seen on PC/Facebook Era, such as the Facebook billboard and sign and other billboards.

[Add working tanks to the game pls, I can do the graphics pls]

Banned
    -Fix all the problems people are having with their accounts not getting the emails too log in etc...

-Check my toonslab case: 10596 (urgent) was sent to your email as well

-add that items lotto thing you mentioned too me in one of my threads "call me the ideas man"

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkins View Post
    -Make us able to drive through angry noob NPCs. (They often make the car get stuck). I don't know why they are there, are they purposely supposed to do that?

-Make arcade coins tradable or increase the limit of them since you don't get freebies when you have 10000+. I want to do other things in Era, not spend all my time in the arcade.

-Make showdays not get reset when you log in on a new device. Whenever I log in on a different device/browser, my showdays go down to 0. This only happens on my main account which has been used on more than 10 devices/browsers (the "yes, transfer my account" and "no, log in but don't transfer" options no longer appear). I really want the 365 days achievement, but it's nearly impossible with the way the showdays currently are.
    Angry Noobs - wouldn't make sense. Surely you can drive around them? lol

Arcade coins won't be traded.

Can you explain - I thought the showdays was the consecutive days login? If so, it shouldn't matter what device you do it on, it's logged on the server?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgadosh View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ace View Post
    - I don't have this problem for some reason, but fellow PC/Facebook Era players see broken textures on things like water and some buildings.
    - Also, some textures can't be seen on PC/Facebook Era, such as the Facebook billboard and sign and other billboards.

[Add working tanks to the game pls, I can do the graphics pls]
    Thank you - added as a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotzy View Post
    -Fix all the problems people are having with their accounts not getting the emails too log in etc...

-Check my toonslab case: 10596 (urgent) was sent to your email as well

-add that items lotto thing you mentioned too me in one of my threads "call me the ideas man"
    The first issue isn't something I can help with. I can raise it higher- but it's not an Era issue.

Is it the email change you requested?

Lotto items is a new system - not a bug fix. I'm wanting to fix bugs as a priority

Another one- Players including myself are having problems with the custom upload site. For example, if I upload a custom and tick the "set transparency" and upload it, it will appear to have made the custom transparent but the custom would get denied because of missing transparency.

This is a problem on GIF images as well as PNG

I tested a custom myself, checking that it was correctly transparent through two programs, and when I uploaded it sure enough it was rejected due to missing transparency.

This appears to be completely random as well, resending a custom with the same exact transparency settings will sometimes be accepted. This is why I think it may be a bug between the upload site and what staff members see.
    If the image is already transparant you don't need to tap that button. The button is there for us to apply the transparancy for you

That's the problem, images that need transparency get denied for "missing transparency" and images that do have transparency get denied for "missing transparency" as well.
    Post it here

Quote Originally Posted by hohi416 View Post
    omg fr fix that gang logo thing where it says sorry there was a problem uploading
    Can't, that's the API :[

I can maybe make an upload site for it -

www.era-go.com/upload
    and add a gang option? Would that be better

Quote Originally Posted by hohi416 View Post
    yes omg plz
    Added as a priority

Quote Originally Posted by Alkyone View Post
    Add a new currency for trading, such a trading coins. I believe this could encourage different jobs.

Say you buy one trading coin for say 100 Gralats, which can be traded and then resold for say 90-95 Gralats?
    I'd love to get into trading but shelling is a pain! I believe this may even earn more money for the game.
    I would need to really investigate how this would impact the econemy.
    Last edited by snk; 07-19-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Add "Gang Chat Limitation"

Reason:beacuse another members on the gang is "spamming"

Example:Chilibi massage in the gang but he need to wait 50 second to chat agin

My old idea in vB5 Forum
    Do not Open
     Spoiler

Disc: NCX#4821

Veteran Picciotti
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgadosh View Post
    Did you even read it? He is buffing not nerfing mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iKyle2330 View Post
    Add "Gang Chat Limitation"

Reason:beacuse another members on the gang is "spamming"

Example:Chilibi massage in the gang but he need to wait 50 second to chat agin

My old idea in vB5 Forum
    Nah, don't agree with this, sometimes spamming is needed in basing.

It would only work if you could turn it on and off.
    Skrrt Skrrt

angry noobs are a problem cuz someone spawn 3 of them when ppl try to do car job and u cant do anything when u stuck

Quote Originally Posted by Alkyone View Post
    Did you even read it? He is buffing not nerfing mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, don't agree with this, sometimes spamming is needed in basing.

It would only work if you could turn it on and off.
    Ya you can turn it off. but if "leader" ask for base, then you are busy Rank member can kick you if you turn off the chat before they attack. like joining in diffirent Country gang but. You're right it's useless i'm gonna make new ideas
    Do not Open
     Spoiler

Disc: NCX#4821