Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NeoZone: Multiplex Gun

Rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by snk View Post
    Happy to make one in CS @ Meph - if you're up for it.
    u wot m8
    Feel free to message me if you have questions or concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Yeah, you're not the first.

A couple gangs have already expressed dislike towards the idea - mainly those who had NeoZone as their "main".
    This has prevented them from using their paid-for weapons in the environment that they probably paid to use them in; so I can definitely understand their frustration.

Looking at NeoZone, it doesn't seem to have boosted at all in popularity; so unless it's greatly increased over the next two days, it will be reverted to normal.

There are great deal of players who do seem to enjoy it though.
    So that given, I think I'm going to look into adding a basing element within the Multiplex environment.

That way we keep things divided, and nobody suffers.

Thanks for the input, all! =D

Edit:
    NeoZone has been reverted to normal - the response was about 50/50, and I can't bring myself to upsetting 50% of the playerbase.

But it did let me know that there is a market of people out there who would like to see "fair basing" in play.
    So, as noted earlier, I may just revisit the idea of adding a basing portion to Multiplex in the future.

Thanks again!
    Feel free to give input on this - what you would like to see, etc.
    I feel the sentiment against the multiplex gun at neo would be less if it had been released with the base, all around I have always felt the capture system at neo should be in all bases with slight design changes to compensate
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Welcome to Era-Go, a way to better interact with the Era community!

Banned
    I like the idea, however if Neo Zone is usually a dead area because of the extra effort it takes to defend it, what makes you think people would want to guard one of the most hardest bases and with the negative outlook using the same gun. Personally, I just don't see an incentive to go try and take neo base when there are much easier bases with access to every gun.

I suggest making a whole new base design capable of handling only the MPX with an environment specific to the MPX.

Neo was originally meant to be a skilled type of base, so why not make it Multiplex Gun only? The only reason the base is dead is because you can't heal in the base with food, and when you die you don't spawn in front of the base. A lot of gangs would like to base somewhere that doesn't have the spam of bars, gas launchers, and chemical guns. If someone doesn't want to only be limited to the multiplex gun in a base they can simply go to one of the other 8 bases and spam all they want. When I heard Neo was multiplex gun only I actually wanted to base there and I know many people feel the same.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Hey, meph but will you only be able to use Multiplex gun inside of the whole Neo zone, or only within the base?, because remember that forts happen at neo and even though you wont be able to use OP guns inside the base, you'll still have to go through a bunch of shotguns and chems and grenade launchers before going inside. Make a message appear when you enter the neo Zone like to the one you get when you enter a pk zone or exit one; "You have now entered the Neo Zone, no other weapon rather than multiplex gun works within this area"
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

NeoZone: Multiplex Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe View Post
    u wot m8
    Snk is referring to country side, perhaps this idea will allow cs to be worked on much more
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Zephlyn
    This idea is perfect, since it will bring up what this base is supposed to be for: skill gameplay.
    The reason of why Neo zone is not popular is by two reasons, that it could be corrected, but the other one not. As you may know, the main objective of having this base is to bring the skill gameplay, but you killed some basing rules that makes it frustrating when raiding the base, which is spawning.

Having a spawn outside of the Neo Zone on a building makes it difficult to raid the base and tedious, and that's not all: it gives defending a really big advantage. We all know that defending is easy on Neo Zone since you are surrounded by more than a half of the healing spots in the whole base and you can easily get a cover, instead that if you're attacking, you get few cover and few healing spots, making you die more often, and sum that you don't spawn outside Neo Zone, which it brings defenders time to heal and get prepared.

The other reason of Neo Zone not being so popular it's because of the location. Everyone is more often on "Northridge" or the upper part of the map, someone barely goes to Southridge because is not used for too many things, instead "Northridge" haves a lot of more things to do and is where the players choose to be more often, so the base is not visited too much. And this is not a thing that happens only to Neo Zone, since the surrounding bases on Southridge doesn't get raid a lot aswell, I could say that the most raided is the Pirate Zone, but it's nothing compared to the "Northridge" bases such as Blackholst/BH, Mafia, Blazon Bandits/BBZ, etc.

Knowing this, i'd say that Neo Zone doesn't have fame for it's new system of basing, it's not famous because of the 2 points already mentioned.
    Even though this base doesn't get a lot of attention, adding Multiplex guns will bring a lot of attention to sparrers, and would make basing fun again, since someone really gets bored sometimes of spamming too much a BAR or a Chemical Gun. Also it will introduce more players the real significance of skill playing and having this added would make the server get expanded with more skill gameplay.

But even though this would be a great idea, a main problem would be forts. Forts are known for taking no skill at all, just sit on a corner and spam your flamethrower, and don't get my wrong on this, i've been forting for a lot of time. Neo Zone forts are characterized for it's low kills because of the spawn, and it's mostly 1/4 of kills you get on another base when forting.

If we get multiplex guns into Neo Zone the server should be cautioned that the forts would be really hard to get kills, and that's not all - will get a lot of people mad for having this gun implemented.

My final solution of all this is to add the multiplex gun for Neo Zone, since it will bring the fun of basing again, but again, the forting would be hard to do, so it'll be good to have all the guns allowed while a fort is in process and the Multiplex gun allowed when the fort is finished.