Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The waterpark sucks.

Hey, let me address the issues that you have pointed out.

Firstly, I am grateful that you found the Waterpark's level design to be aesthetically pleasing.
    However, you have shared your disappointment about the area on the right to be a filler space. Initially, I hoped for that area to be utilized as a general hang out area. But after taking another look at it and discussing with a group of friends, I would agree that the area there does feel slightly unnatural. Thank you for your feedback, I'll be looking into improving it.

Next, about your disappointment about the lack of content and major delays. I understand the Player's point of view and would like to sincerely apologize for this. However, there are only two people working on the Waterpark Project.
    To understand the reasons for this, I would like to share with you some background information. I have resigned from the iEra Development Team last year. A month ago, I contacted the Development Head inquiring about any Summer Projects. The response I got did not include Waterpark. I felt that I had to do something about this. Thus, I requested to re design the Waterpark. Furthermore, I was unsatisfied with last year's Waterpark. If I were to critique all of my work, I would say that the worst designed level I have made was 2015's Waterpark. This drove me even further to take up the project.

Lets get back on track, when started on the Waterpark project, I did not request for help from anyone in the current Development Team except Edith. The reason for this is because the majority of the Development Team were actively tasked to work on another major project. As a guest, I did not want to burden them with additional projects.
    Given the circumstances, I hope that you would be able to understand the decisions I made.

Lastly, I would like to address that the table with the text "Empty" does not currently have any meaning to it. However it is there for a reason. When the new shops are rolled out, I'll leave you to discover what its purpose is.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for the lack of content and delays that you are unsatisfied with. As much as I want the best for iEra Players, I do hope that you would be able to understand my situation and cut me some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
    Ok ok, we understand, everything on era sucks and needs to be changed.
    Dont worry, thats just his point of view
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Quote Originally Posted by crazycloud View Post
    1. The fact that he is judging something he cant do better makes him a jerk. When you criticize you properly analyze something and judge the flaws and faults of it, not straight off the bat say "Water park Sucks" as if he can do better.

2. "Take off your staff tinted shades"

I am in no way acting like a staff, nor talking to simulate one, i am just expressing my discomfort to the way he expresses out towards waterpark. But if childish references is the language you speak, take off your superhero cape and mask
    He gave reasons why he didn't like it, this doesn't make him a jerk in any way. Just because someone can't do something doesn't mean they can't judge it, sure it may not be very legitimate but it's still a concern nonetheless.

I don't literally mean you're acting like a staff, I mean that you're praising this endeavor without looking at the flaws, such a one sided way of viewing things are attribute to a staff suckup.

Sure this is a large project yearly that gets taken on but only one shop has been released and we're weeks into summer. I don't intend to sound like a negative nancy i'm merely pointing out the facts. I don't understand why more staff aren't working on such a project, instead of making an 'excuse' like there's limited staff working on this project, assign more staff. If there aren't enough staff then hire more or garner player assistance, it's not the most difficult thing to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    He gave reasons why he didn't like it, this doesn't make him a jerk in any way. Just because someone can't do something doesn't mean they can't judge it, sure it may not be very legitimate but it's still a concern nonetheless.

I don't literally mean you're acting like a staff, I mean that you're praising this endeavor without looking at the flaws, such a one sided way of viewing things are attribute to a staff suckup.

Sure this is a large project yearly that gets taken on but only one shop has been released and we're weeks into summer. I don't intend to sound like a negative nancy i'm merely pointing out the facts. I don't understand why more staff aren't working on such a project, instead of making an 'excuse' like there's limited staff working on this project, assign more staff. If there aren't enough staff then hire more or garner player assistance, it's not the most difficult thing to figure out.
    I have no problem with him disliking the place, i just dont like negative way in which he is doing it.

He is a jerk in fact. Water park isnt the only thing he has disrespectfully disliked, he didnt even wait 24 hours to aimlessly dislike something else. And i say aimlessly because his goal is not for this to get fixed, is just to get attention
    ATT-

I have no problem with him disliking the place, i just dont like negative way in which he is doing it.

He is a jerk in fact. Water park isnt the only thing he has disrespectfully disliked, he didnt even wait 24 hours to aimlessly dislike something else. And i say aimlessly because his goal is not for this to get fixed, is just to get attention
    That's why I'm mad and kinda being racist to him.

League Of Legends Player
    Server: Eu West
    Name: SlapjackQ8
    Add me, everyone is welcome

People usually view opposing opinion in a negative light, that's fine as long as you don't get overly offended and take a shot at the poster rather than the stance/opinion.

I don't like this poster either, but to call him a jerk for having differing opinions isn't fair. By drawing attention on issues they have more likelihood to be fixed/worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    People usually view opposing opinion in a negative light, that's fine.

I don't like this poster either, but to call him a jerk for having differing opinions isn't fair. By drawing attention on issues they have more likelihood to be fixed/worked on.
    Again... I do not care whether he agrees or not with me, i just cant positively talk about someone who is negatively talking about people who worked really hard to make water park possible
    ATT-

Again... I do not care whether he agrees or not with me, i just cant positively talk about someone who is negatively talking about people who worked really hard to make water park possible
    It's rather ironic that you dislike this guy for speaking negatively then you call him a negative word.

I'm grateful that two staff members worked so hard but it's certainly true that if more staff or players were involved this could've been carried out smoother.

The only thing I don't like about the water park is there is almost no where to dig.

Nous savons ce que nous sommes, mais savons pas ce que nous pouvons ĂȘtre.

William Shakespear

Rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Czar Misago View Post
    The only thing I don't like about the water park is there is almost no where to dig.
    Go dig at the beach then
    Feel free to message me if you have questions or concerns