Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pumping Life Back Into Forums

hwaryun

Red face Pumping Life Back Into Forums

It's really no secret that the majority of the members of forums signed up so that they can get the Supreme Chatter Monkey achievement. I feel like other than the era-go sign that you can hold up, the overall impact of forums, is severely unnoticed or ignored. Whatever changes we make here on forums is largely unrecognized, and ideas that change the game in a positive direction are accepted, but not outright commended. Other than the Supreme Chatter Monkey initiative, I've only seen the word forums on one of the billboards advertising you to sign up. I know a couple of you guys asked for forum rewards, incentives, which, should be given as a reward to forum users for the amount of helpful posts that they well, post. I know xStarx said this in a previous thread that if we had a post reward for forums, the overall quality of the forums is going to pretty much plummet as people are going to swarm for an incentive they like. Whereas, an incentive that is useless or undesirable on the other hand, is ignored.

If we are going to at least improve this forum, I have a couple of ideas we can use to boost overall forum quality.

The first is to make a digging spot.
    Let me elaborate: As the number of people who play the game has dramatically increased compared to 2010, there hasn't been many changes to beaches other than the waterpark that is only open in the summer. Nowadays, if you want to dig, you can either do it at the waterpark, which is crowded with people, and at a pk zone where people gas you, shoot you, kill you, etc. My point is, it's hard to dig peacefully nowadays.

If we can just put aside some space and make a non pk digging zone, I am sure the overall response will be very supportive. However, given that no one really cares who implemented or came up with the idea, we stress that the forums created/ contributed to the development of such building by making sure that this area is only accessible by forum members who have gotten their accounts for at least 6 months (or however many) with such and such amount of posts. I would also say rep but no one reps these days so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I would say having an account of at least 6 months would filter out a variety of people who just desperately try and recover their Supreme Chatter Monkey account, and having an activity requirement on forums such as post amount would ensure qualitative posts/ contributions. We could also have a separate administrative team that would approve players who meet such requirement to be able to enter a digging zone. This, ultimately, would be the VIP zone of forums.

The second thing I can come up with at the top of my head is to make a "Poster/ Forumer/ Contributor (whatever) of the Month" and feature it on the era news. (Here, I will be incorporating the reward system many of you had in mind.) Make an exclusive item such as a nice looking trashpick (we could have a contest for it!) that can't be sold (or maybe it can idk). Have the Person of the Month take a picture holding said "nice looking trashpick" and upload it to era news. Done.

All I can say is, making forums look appealing to players who just purely play the game is an important goal to have if you want a better quality forums. Oh, and rewarding those who choose to spend time out of their day to answer questions, whether it be moderators or just regular users, or maybe to ask questions, is a wise idea.

Ciao! ~thyme

Era-Go building has a "Meet the Community" room, and nobody really cares about the room

Banned
    If only we had the budget to create a forum like Zone's but that's only one part of the many special aspects we can give in but will not benefit the game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    If only we had the budget to create a forum like Zone's but that's only one part of the many special aspects we can give in but will not benefit the game.
    Do we not have a nice one because Graal does not pay for Era-Go, snk does?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post

All I can say is, making forums look appealing to players who just purely play the game is an important goal to have if you want a better quality forums. Oh, and rewarding those who choose to spend time out of their day to answer questions, whether it be moderators or just regular users, or maybe to ask questions, is a wise idea.

I Agree. This could positively effect Graal with the influx of people offering more feedback for the community. Because havent you noticed. In the forums you always see the same people over and over again. We could use something fresh like this Jazzy.
    For Graal Videos and More Check Out Dark350 Light on YouTube!
    IGN: Dark L!ght (Lexiace)
    Here To Help!

Sincerely, Dark L!ght

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    It's really no secret that the majority of the members of forums signed up so that they can get the Supreme Chatter Monkey achievement. I feel like other than the era-go sign that you can hold up, the overall impact of forums, is severely unnoticed or ignored. Whatever changes we make here on forums is largely unrecognized, and ideas that change the game in a positive direction are accepted, but not outright commended. Other than the Supreme Chatter Monkey initiative, I've only seen the word forums on one of the billboards advertising you to sign up. I know a couple of you guys asked for forum rewards, incentives, which, should be given as a reward to forum users for the amount of helpful posts that they well, post. I know xStarx said this in a previous thread that if we had a post reward for forums, the overall quality of the forums is going to pretty much plummet as people are going to swarm for an incentive they like. Whereas, an incentive that is useless or undesirable on the other hand, is ignored.

If we are going to at least improve this forum, I have a couple of ideas we can use to boost overall forum quality.

The first is to make a digging spot.
    Let me elaborate: As the number of people who play the game has dramatically increased compared to 2010, there hasn't been many changes to beaches other than the waterpark that is only open in the summer. Nowadays, if you want to dig, you can either do it at the waterpark, which is crowded with people, and at a pk zone where people gas you, shoot you, kill you, etc. My point is, it's hard to dig peacefully nowadays.

If we can just put aside some space and make a non pk digging zone, I am sure the overall response will be very supportive. However, given that no one really cares who implemented or came up with the idea, we stress that the forums created/ contributed to the development of such building by making sure that this area is only accessible by forum members who have gotten their accounts for at least 6 months (or however many) with such and such amount of posts. I would also say rep but no one reps these days so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I would say having an account of at least 6 months would filter out a variety of people who just desperately try and recover their Supreme Chatter Monkey account, and having an activity requirement on forums such as post amount would ensure qualitative posts/ contributions. We could also have a separate administrative team that would approve players who meet such requirement to be able to enter a digging zone. This, ultimately, would be the VIP zone of forums.

The second thing I can come up with at the top of my head is to make a "Poster/ Forumer/ Contributor (whatever) of the Month" and feature it on the era news. (Here, I will be incorporating the reward system many of you had in mind.) Make an exclusive item such as a nice looking trashpick (we could have a contest for it!) that can't be sold (or maybe it can idk). Have the Person of the Month take a picture holding said "nice looking trashpick" and upload it to era news. Done.

Ciao! ~thyme
    Nice idea!

1. I think the forums look good already. Don't make them all clean and neat looking. Just make a tutorial thread on how to navigate the forums and whatnot.
    2. Yeah, we should get a building where forums members with over 1 year since they registered can go dig in a secluded area, free of noobs.
    3. No, poster of the month would be a chore to code, and would be difficult to calculate. We don't want to encourage spammers, do we?

My suggestion, instead of "poster of the month", would be to have a system like in Dairy Hut, where at every milestone you get in hours, you get rewarded.

500 posts
    : Hat of some kind.
    750 posts: "Gangster" morph that transforms you into the 'mascot' when you start up the game, that dude with the suit and the gun.
    1000 posts: Era-Go Trashpick that can shoot fireworks in the air. Idk, I just want it :P
    1500 posts: Keyboard melee, 8 damage with knockback.
    2000 posts: Trophy with the words "Era-Go" on the gold plate.
    2500 posts: 3 EC and a certificate that says "Forum Master", signed by none other than snk!
    3500 posts: 5 EC and a cool golden snapback with "Era-Go" engraved on it!
    5000 posts: 7 EC and a mouse whip, like a computer mouse, 9 damage with knockback.
    7500 posts: 10 EC and a rare hat, thinking glasses with google eyes coming out of them.
    10000 posts FORUMS KATANA, a katana blade with fire running through it, the words "时代-走" (Era-Go) are engraved in the blade, passed on many generations... 10 damage + Burn effect.

(I thought about you guys, STAR and Kendrick while making the last few ones :])

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Rodeo
    I would like forum rewards to make it better but seriously we don't need spammers, and we definitely do not need to be giving away Free EC's.
    Feel free to message me if you have questions or concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe View Post
    I would like forum rewards to make it better but seriously we don't need spammers, and we definitely do not need to be giving away Free EC's.
    but this goes hand in hand with the "no spamming" rule. I we remark someone spams to get the rewards, he gets banned.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabipants View Post
    but this goes hand in hand with the "no spamming" rule. I we remark someone spams to get the rewards, he gets banned.
    Well I just hope it works out though, but if there was new rewards to be added I think it would be better to think of different ideas instead of EC, and non op weapons. Maybe novelty weapons won't be so bad.
    Feel free to message me if you have questions or concerns