Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pumping Life Back Into Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry View Post
    It's endorsing more spam.
    That's true but some good threads may also come from this.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry View Post
    It's endorsing more spam.
    because you know, people will spam 5000 posts without staff finding out.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

They need to replace the spam EC giver with rep. Replace spam with quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabipants View Post
    1. I think the forums look good already. Don't make them all clean and neat looking. Just make a tutorial thread on how to navigate the forums and whatnot.
    2. Yeah, we should get a building where forums members with over 1 year since they registered can go dig in a secluded area, free of noobs.
    3. No, poster of the month would be a chore to code, and would be difficult to calculate. We don't want to encourage spammers, do we?

My suggestion, instead of "poster of the month", would be to have a system like in Dairy Hut, where at every milestone you get in hours, you get rewarded.

500 posts
    : Hat of some kind.
    750 posts: "Gangster" morph that transforms you into the 'mascot' when you start up the game, that dude with the suit and the gun.
    1000 posts: Era-Go Trashpick that can shoot fireworks in the air. Idk, I just want it :P
    1500 posts: Keyboard melee, 8 damage with knockback.
    2000 posts: Trophy with the words "Era-Go" on the gold plate.
    2500 posts: 3 EC and a certificate that says "Forum Master", signed by none other than snk!
    3500 posts: 5 EC and a cool golden snapback with "Era-Go" engraved on it!
    5000 posts: 7 EC and a mouse whip, like a computer mouse, 9 damage with knockback.
    7500 posts: 10 EC and a rare hat, thinking glasses with google eyes coming out of them.
    10000 posts FORUMS KATANA, a katana blade with fire running through it, the words "时代-走" (Era-Go) are engraved in the blade, passed on many generations... 10 damage + Burn effect.

(I thought about you guys, STAR and Kendrick while making the last few ones :])
    This is gold
    Lel

forums rewards sounds good but they never give us this items lol too much

xD If they do props to the poster.
    For Graal Videos and More Check Out Dark350 Light on YouTube!
    IGN: Dark L!ght (Lexiace)
    Here To Help!

Sincerely, Dark L!ght

hwaryun
    You underestimate the greed for a novelty item. Think of all the auction items that are bought but never used.
    People are going to spam, and regardless of whether or not staff chooses to do something about it, a) staff will receive more work, which is exactly what you were complaining about + staff gets less time to take care of tickets ect. b) spam is still spam despite how many posts are actually put into circulation.

1. I think the forums look good already. Don't make them all clean and neat looking. Just make a tutorial thread on how to navigate the forums and whatnot.
    2. Yeah, we should get a building where forums members with over 1 year since they registered can go dig in a secluded area, free of noobs.
    3. No, poster of the month would be a chore to code, and would be difficult to calculate. We don't want to encourage spammers, do we?

My suggestion, instead of "poster of the month", would be to have a system like in Dairy Hut, where at every milestone you get in hours, you get rewarded.

500 posts
    : Hat of some kind.
    750 posts: "Gangster" morph that transforms you into the 'mascot' when you start up the game, that dude with the suit and the gun.
    1000 posts: Era-Go Trashpick that can shoot fireworks in the air. Idk, I just want it :P
    1500 posts: Keyboard melee, 8 damage with knockback.
    2000 posts: Trophy with the words "Era-Go" on the gold plate.
    2500 posts: 3 EC and a certificate that says "Forum Master", signed by none other than snk!
    3500 posts: 5 EC and a cool golden snapback with "Era-Go" engraved on it!
    5000 posts: 7 EC and a mouse whip, like a computer mouse, 9 damage with knockback.
    7500 posts: 10 EC and a rare hat, thinking glasses with google eyes coming out of them.
    10000 posts FORUMS KATANA, a katana blade with fire running through it, the words "时代-走" (Era-Go) are engraved in the blade, passed on many generations... 10 damage + Burn effect.

(I thought about you guys, STAR and Kendrick while making the last few ones :])
    Ik I'm like 4 days late to this but what if along with the posts you need a certain amount of likes and time? Like 500 posts 1 week and 100 likes for a hat. That way if somebody did recover their account from years ago and did spam then they would need to post quality content or else they wont get likes?
    Im back IGN-JeremyDaCat If you need help on here or in game feel free to send a pm!
    “I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.”
    ― Charles de Lint

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Era-Go building has a "Meet the Community" room, and nobody really cares about the room
    Most the people in the room dont even play graal or use forums anymore