Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pumping Life Back Into Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gabipants View Post
    the words "时代-走" (Era-Go)
    Did you translated the word or you really know how to speak Chinese? Because it doesn't even make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Did you translated the word or you really know how to speak Chinese? Because it doesn't even make any sense.
    translated :]

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Since katana is Japanese sword, I think you should translate it into Japanese than Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe View Post
    Well I just hope it works out though, but if there was new rewards to be added I think it would be better to think of different ideas instead of EC, and non op weapons. Maybe novelty weapons won't be so bad.
    would you want a novelty only item for reaching 10k? I wouldn't either.

hwaryun
    1. Lots of words.
    What's wrong with nice and clean? I am tired of people posting ______ gun vs ______ gun or asking for gun stats when they look for it, they could probably find it on their own. Making it nice and clean wouldn't be bad imo.

As for #3 (Poster of the Month), all you would need is a screenshot of the poster in-game. Number of posts would not matter, only the quality of the contributions would, and that would be done through a poll available on forums.

Also, you expressed concerns on how our actions could encourage spammers. How is your milestone system going to weed out spammers? I would say that people are going to swarm forums trying to hit your milestones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    What's wrong with nice and clean? I am tired of people posting ______ gun vs ______ gun or asking for gun stats when they look for it, they could probably find it on their own. Making it nice and clean wouldn't be bad imo.

As for #3 (Poster of the Month), all you would need is a screenshot of the poster in-game. Number of posts would not matter, only the quality of the contributions would, and that would be done through a poll available on forums.

Also, you expressed concerns on how our actions could encourage spammers. How is your milestone system going to weed out spammers? I would say that people are going to swarm forums trying to hit your milestones.
    People won't be able to spam posts until 750, usually spamming posts is pretty blatant, so moderators will find out pretty soon and ban the spammer.
    As for the cleanliness of the forums, I suggest we keep the forum styles we have right now. Snk created a new forum theme that's pretty clean, so you can set it to that.

Quality of posts?? That would take even more effort! Try thinking about the work that would have to go into something before posting, please.

hwaryun
    People won't be able to spam posts until 750, usually spamming posts is pretty blatant, so moderators will find out pretty soon and ban the spammer.
    As for the cleanliness of the forums, I suggest we keep the forum styles we have right now. Snk created a new forum theme that's pretty clean, so you can set it to that.

Quality of posts?? That would take even more effort! Try thinking about the work that would have to go into something before posting, please.
    Seems like you didn't read my post carefully. Seems like you have the same problem that you are accusing me of.
    Judging quality is a relatively simple work. Everyone votes for it, meaning if a question is asked, you would only take a few minutes out of your day to vote/ nominate someone. Regardless of whether or not spamming posts is blatant or not, people will always be determined to do it head on, which ruins the "pretty clean" forum theme that we have right now.

Increasing the quality of contributions to the forum w/o head on spamming threads doesn't take much. In the forum rules, it is mentioned that you should think before you say, and encouraging greater quality work isn't something you should shy away from just because it takes more effort for you to think before you post.

as far as I'm concerned era-go is a desolate, toxic-wasteland inhabited by the creature known as an 'era player'

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    as far as I'm concerned era-go is a desolate, toxic-wasteland inhabited by the creature known as an 'era player'
    Did darkknight bite you or something?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
    Just being me.

1. I think the forums look good already. Don't make them all clean and neat looking. Just make a tutorial thread on how to navigate the forums and whatnot.
    2. Yeah, we should get a building where forums members with over 1 year since they registered can go dig in a secluded area, free of noobs.
    3. No, poster of the month would be a chore to code, and would be difficult to calculate. We don't want to encourage spammers, do we?

My suggestion, instead of "poster of the month", would be to have a system like in Dairy Hut, where at every milestone you get in hours, you get rewarded.

500 posts
    : Hat of some kind.
    750 posts: "Gangster" morph that transforms you into the 'mascot' when you start up the game, that dude with the suit and the gun.
    1000 posts: Era-Go Trashpick that can shoot fireworks in the air. Idk, I just want it :P
    1500 posts: Keyboard melee, 8 damage with knockback.
    2000 posts: Trophy with the words "Era-Go" on the gold plate.
    2500 posts: 3 EC and a certificate that says "Forum Master", signed by none other than snk!
    3500 posts: 5 EC and a cool golden snapback with "Era-Go" engraved on it!
    5000 posts: 7 EC and a mouse whip, like a computer mouse, 9 damage with knockback.
    7500 posts: 10 EC and a rare hat, thinking glasses with google eyes coming out of them.
    10000 posts FORUMS KATANA, a katana blade with fire running through it, the words "时代-走" (Era-Go) are engraved in the blade, passed on many generations... 10 damage + Burn effect.

(I thought about you guys, STAR and Kendrick while making the last few ones :])
    It's endorsing more spam.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust