Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ping

Question Ping

GraalOnline Server and Backend is designed to provide optimal network efficiency. Our servers are designed NOT to disadvantage players with slow connections. (The Graal Online Rules of conduct)

NOT to disadvantage players with slow connections, read the bold and that is how graal is atm. It should be if you have a high ping and you go over a certain amount that you get disconnected, this would make the game less laggy imo and fix the people who lag on purpose when sparring etc.

This was suggested by some people ingame not by me, just thought id bring it to the forums.

(note: if there already is a set amount of ping you need to connect to the server, it should be raised.)
    Last edited by idlE9; 07-31-2016 at 06:07 PM.
    Do or do not; there is no try

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idlE9 View Post
    GraalOnline Server and Backend is designed to provide optimal network efficiency. Our servers are designed NOT to disadvantage players with slow connections. (The Graal Online Rules of conduct)

NOT to disadvantage players with slow connections, read the bold and that is how graal is atm. It should be if you have a low ping and you go under a certain amount that you get disconnected, this would make the game less laggy imo and fix the people who lag on purpose when sparring etc.

This was suggested by some people ingame not by me, just thought id bring it to the forums.

(note: if there already is a set amount of ping you need to connect to the server, it should be raised.)
    You've got ping messed up. The higher your ping, the more lag you have. Ping is how many milliseconds it takes for 1 byte of data to travel from the host to your own connection. If your ping is too high, (over 100-200 ping) you should be disconnected.
    High ping = high lag
    Low ping = low lag

The rules except for the GST are pretty much set for connection.

I myself started playing this game with a 2k ping and now 700 after a satalite upgrade. We do have a 5k ping kicker for people trying to lag switch.
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Welcome to Era-Go, a way to better interact with the Era community!

100-200 ping isn't that high
    That's my normal ping because I don't live near the server.

how does one find out what their ping is

cat supremacist Lieutenant
    Impossible to play csgo at 100ping+

Quote Originally Posted by Boomey View Post
    how does one find out what their ping is
    Go to multiplex and type pingme

Umm sometimes my ping is 250 the hole day, but suddenly while I'm in the events it jumps up to 1k+ for few sec,

It would be stupid if I was kicked/disconnected for that, and so many players will rage.

League Of Legends Player
    Server: Eu West
    Name: SlapjackQ8
    Add me, everyone is welcome

Banned
    Not everyone has the luxury of having a fast internet connection- they shouldn't be punished for having bad internet.

For global events (such as the gst) we'll monitor it. We warned you prior to taking part that ping checks are in place - if you were kicked you should've ensured you had a stable connection to the game that won't give you an advantage against other players.