Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Admin Life?

Quote Originally Posted by snk View Post
    • What You Do for Graal / What You Do on Graal Era

I manage Graal Era and the staff team. I depend on a lot of staff to help me manage (hence the Admins and Managers of each section). I also design and implement security fixes across all other servers.

• Favorite Part of Being an Admin / Why You Wanted to Be an Admin

Honestly? The players and staff. There is so much potential for children to progress in life these days - I hope that every player enjoys playing the game and every staff learn something from helping Era succeed.

• When You Started Playing Graal

Too long! The years me and Meph have played Graal is older than your age!! I'm 28 now, started when I was around 10.
    Thank You Snk!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KroshalliK V View Post

I'm GANI Artist, I'm making things move Making GANIs for items that will be released for you all, players. If there's no work I make animations for my fun archive (maybe someday I'll show it to you). Also I help players, of course

• Favorite Part of Being an Admin /Why You Wanted to Be an Admin

1.Well, I agree with snk, "every staff learn something from helping players", yea, I've learnt a looooot, i opened a new world for myself, world of developing I improve my GANIing skills everyday and also LAT, scripting etc.
    Also I met a lot of great people in staff team and I'm happy that I know them
    2.Why I wanted to be an Admin?
    Firstly, I was interested: how everything works. How PRs are helping player, how Dev staffs making all this cool stuff.
    Secondly, I've been playing iEra for 6 years and I wanted to do something for it and for players, didn't wanted just to play, I wanted to be beneficial.

In fact I don't remember day or month, maybe it was end of the 2010 or start of 2011..
    Was hired on 14th November, 2015. Mostly 10 months ago
    Thank You Kroshallik V!
    For Graal Videos and More Check Out Dark350 Light on YouTube!
    IGN: Dark L!ght (Lexiace)
    Here To Help!

Sincerely, Dark L!ght

Its all part of my plan to take over the world, of course.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    You are flowey after all...
    Not giving up. mistakes happen, Miracles shine upon us.
    If you have an issue regarding Graal Era PM a staff member or submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com

What you do for Graal
    Over the past 12 years, I've held the positions of LAT(Levels), GANI(Animations), Player Relations, Gang/Business Admin, Gun Admin, and now the "Developer" title captures the fact that I have the ability to do the aforementioned jobs.

I'm now 27, I have a family, a full-time job, and university (perusing a degree in Accounting), so I don't get the "free time" to get online as frequently as I would like, but every so often, I catch a break and manage a project that is geared towards my expertise(PKing, Gangs, Sparring, Guns).

I also enjoy doing commentary on Twitch.tv when I can -- I have a feeling I'll be commentating the annual GST events every year moving forward, as long as this server is up. I plan on doing more commentary for smaller events, because it gives players an opportunity to strut their stuff in a public venue, and they seem to respond favorably to it.

What you do on Graal Era
    When I'm not doing the above tasks, I'm playing the game. I'd wager that this is 80% of my "Graal time", because this is what gives me the expertise to effectively do the staff jobs mentioned above. It keeps me relevant to current matters, and allows me to relate to players on a personal level. Their issues become my issues, because *playing* allows me to face the same issues they are facing.

Up until the release of Multiplex, I spent the majority of my time in Spar Complex, doing 1v1 and Gang Spars. Since Multiplex, however, I've pretty much taken residence there. My favorite activity is BaseBattle; I love PKing in an environment where I have the potential to be outnumbered, and sufficient room to dodge bullets. I'm looking forward to getting a scoreboard added there, so that other people will have incentive to play(to give me some competitors).

I also enjoy the community - When I'm playing, I am usually in a voice chat of some sort, with those people I'm playing with. I think the real-time conversation is essential to quality gameplay.

Your favorite part of being an Admin
    As mentioned earlier, playing the game keeps me relevant to current matters, and allows me to relate to players on a personal level. My favorite part about being an admin is being in a position to make effective judgment calls to fix any issues that arise, or bring the conversation to the administrative table, which ultimately leads to a better gameplay experience moving forward.

Why you wanted to be an admin
    When I was originally hired, I actually never asked to be an admin.
    I've never even filled out an application, or had to suffer through the process of "approval".

In 2006, I was added to RC to fix a glitch, and my RC was never removed.
    I was added as a GP (Graal Police; the then-equivalent to a Player Relations), and I enjoyed making use of my experience in glitch abuse. I also came to find enjoyment in the process of running through trade/drop/money/purchase logs, stringing them together to complete the story and find the truth.

As fate would have it, this is similar to what I do nowadays as an Accounting Intern, as I go through boxes of receipts, bank statements, etc.

The only position I can say that I have "pushed" for, was the Gun Admin position, back in 2008. It required some "pushing", because, at the time, the position didn't exist. I felt the position was needed, to keep gun releases consistent. 8 years later, I'm happy to say that every server that has guns keeps somebody in this position.

When you started playing Graal
    I started playing Graal in 2002, on a HP PC with a Celeron Processor, with 56k dial up.

Snk and I are the old guys around here =D
    Tune in for live streaming action from gang bases, events, and other iEra activities, with commentary!

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    What you do for Graal
    Over the past 12 years, I've held the positions of LAT(Levels), GANI(Animations), Player Relations, Gang/Business Admin, Gun Admin, and now the "Developer" title captures the fact that I have the ability to do the aforementioned jobs.

I'm now 27, I have a family, a full-time job, and university (perusing a degree in Accounting), so I don't get the "free time" to get online as frequently as I would like, but every so often, I catch a break and manage a project that is geared towards my expertise(PKing, Gangs, Sparring, Guns).

I also enjoy doing commentary on Twitch.tv when I can -- I have a feeling I'll be commentating the annual GST events every year moving forward, as long as this server is up. I plan on doing more commentary for smaller events, because it gives players an opportunity to strut their stuff in a public venue, and they seem to respond favorably to it.

What you do on Graal Era
    When I'm not doing the above tasks, I'm playing the game. I'd wager that this is 80% of my "Graal time", because this is what gives me the expertise to effectively do the staff jobs mentioned above. It keeps me relevant to current matters, and allows me to relate to players on a personal level. Their issues become my issues, because *playing* allows me to face the same issues they are facing.

Up until the release of Multiplex, I spent the majority of my time in Spar Complex, doing 1v1 and Gang Spars. Since Multiplex, however, I've pretty much taken residence there. My favorite activity is BaseBattle; I love PKing in an environment where I have the potential to be outnumbered, and sufficient room to dodge bullets. I'm looking forward to getting a scoreboard added there, so that other people will have incentive to play(to give me some competitors).

I also enjoy the community - When I'm playing, I am usually in a voice chat of some sort, with those people I'm playing with. I think the real-time conversation is essential to quality gameplay.

Your favorite part of being an Admin
    As mentioned earlier, playing the game keeps me relevant to current matters, and allows me to relate to players on a personal level. My favorite part about being an admin is being in a position to make effective judgment calls to fix any issues that arise, or bring the conversation to the administrative table, which ultimately leads to a better gameplay experience moving forward.

Why you wanted to be an admin
    When I was originally hired, I actually never asked to be an admin.
    I've never even filled out an application, or had to suffer through the process of "approval".

In 2006, I was added to RC to fix a glitch, and my RC was never removed.
    I was added as a GP (Graal Police; the then-equivalent to a Player Relations), and I enjoyed making use of my experience in glitch abuse. I also came to find enjoyment in the process of running through trade/drop/money/purchase logs, stringing them together to complete the story and find the truth.

As fate would have it, this is similar to what I do nowadays as an Accounting Intern, as I go through boxes of receipts, bank statements, etc.

The only position I can say that I have "pushed" for, was the Gun Admin position, back in 2008. It required some "pushing", because, at the time, the position didn't exist. I felt the position was needed, to keep gun releases consistent. 8 years later, I'm happy to say that every server that has guns keeps somebody in this position.

When you started playing Graal
    I started playing Graal in 2002, on a HP PC with a Celeron Processor, with 56k dial up.

Snk and I are the old guys around here =D
    Wow Thanks for Sharing!
    For Graal Videos and More Check Out Dark350 Light on YouTube!
    IGN: Dark L!ght (Lexiace)
    Here To Help!

Sincerely, Dark L!ght

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    I made a code with sans on it, setshield sans-code.gif

- - - Updated - - -

I manage Graal Era and the staff team. I depend on a lot of staff to help me manage (hence the Admins and Managers of each section). I also design and implement security fixes across all other servers.

• Favorite Part of Being an Admin / Why You Wanted to Be an Admin

Honestly? The players and staff. There is so much potential for children to progress in life these days - I hope that every player enjoys playing the game and every staff learn something from helping Era succeed.

Too long! The years me and Meph have played Graal is older than your age!! I'm 28 now, started when I was around 10.
    How would you even find out about the game back then you are the og I must add
    Do or do not; there is no try

My best friend in real life played it- I'm not sure how he found it. He introduced me to Graal and then quit within the space of a month.

He actually showed me my first coding - he scripted a mace in front of me and I was blown away lol

No longer my best friend - I've not seen him in 15~ years but we're friends on Facebook!!

My best friend in real life played it- I'm not sure how he found it. He introduced me to Graal and then quit within the space of a month.

He actually showed me my first coding - he scripted a mace in front of me and I was blown away lol

No longer my best friend - I've not seen him in 15~ years but we're friends on Facebook!!
    People still use Facebook

I use it to stalk people - seriously. I've been able to find many people's RL facebook from Graal - one whom was a member of Era management that lied about their age

I use it to stalk people - seriously. I've been able to find many people's RL facebook from Graal - one whom was a member of Era management that lied about their age
    Same I stalk my friends (in game) on social media and I creep them out