Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "Fair use"

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    Well to be fair, lightsabers are in the game and no one's commented about how that violates fair use.
    Bitz did his include a NPC that has a destiny pun in it for players who do play the game destiny and recognize those weapons as derived from that game.
    I don't think there's anything wrong here.
    In its most general sense, a "fair use" is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work. Such uses can be done without permission from the copyright owner. However the uses of this material must Not be profitable for the third party that is basically illegally using the work. If your use qualifies as a fair use, then it would not be considered an illegal infringement. The lights sabers are obtained with event coins, but you Cant buy event coins with any real and valid currency, therefore Graal Era's light sabers are protected by the law of fair use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Ex. Player Relations Admi RenoDorvay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycloud View Post
    In its most general sense, a "fair use" is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work. Such uses can be done without permission from the copyright owner. However the uses of this material must Not be profitable for the third party that is basically illegally using the work. If your use qualifies as a fair use, then it would not be considered an illegal infringement. The lights sabers are obtained with event coins, but you Cant buy event coins with any real and valid currency, therefore Graal Era's light sabers are protected by the law of fair use.

Graal Era is a commercial game run by a legitimate business, it can't use other people's products or licensed/copyrighted materials without getting permission first regardless of how you obtain them in the game.

Graal Era has no fair use defense. Square-Enix once threatened legal action against Graal/Unholy Nation because there was a free chocobo mount.
    Legal threats should go through the support center.

Ex. iEra Player Relations Admin - Oceania/Asia. 2011-2017.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain

Banned
    Oh and here we go again

Destiny?
    Star Wars?
    Nintendo?

Would you like me too continue?

Yes of course if a player went to these companies with solid evidence they would more than likely take Graal into a court case

For copyright items

Quote Originally Posted by Lotzy View Post
    Oh and here we go again

Destiny?
    Star Wars?
    Nintendo?

Would you like me too continue?

Yes of course if a player went to these companies with solid evidence they would more than likely take Graal into a court case

For copyright items
    All Era needs to do is re-name light saber to something like energy sword or light blade...
    The only issue with it is the name, which is trademarked by Lucas

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoDorvay View Post
    All Era needs to do is re-name light saber to something like energy sword or light blade...
    As reno said- the light sabre is easier to defend than the destiny guns.
    Star wars doesn't have the ownership for the idea of "concentrated laser weapon" lol

Quote Originally Posted by RenoDorvay View Post
    Well is actually called light sabre, not saber

Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Well is actually called light sabre, not saber

I'm sure that would fool the lawyers...

hwaryun
    but you Cant buy event coins with any real and valid currency, therefore Graal Era's light sabers are protected by the law of fair use.
    What about the times the saber/ sabre was up for auctions? I know a long time ago there was one. I am sure the lawyers would be furious.