Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can I start getting into pixel art/gfx as a complete beginner?

Trash Pick How can I start getting into pixel art/gfx as a complete beginner?

So I am trying to get into graphics right now and I haven't seen a guide I liked yet so I thought if you guys could just answer a few questions that would be great! (I also made shells for the shell remodelling competition Page 10 I think and those were the first graphics I ever made lol). I wanna do things that are graal based too (Heads, Bodies, Shields or maybe other things.)

1. Whats a good free program I can use (Mac and pc)
    2. What are the easiest and harder/hardest problems I'm gonna face as a beginner
    3. What are a few things I can start making that are easy but will teach me about various things?
    4. Are there any good youtube tutorials?
    5. Any tips you guys wanna give me or advice?
    6. Easiest way to learn to shade or easiest method?

Then thats it! thanks for taking the time to answer if you did!
    Im back IGN-JeremyDaCat If you need help on here or in game feel free to send a pm!
    “I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.”
    ― Charles de Lint

1-Paint.net
    2-Shading is probably the hardest for beginners
    3-start off with either sprites, or heads and bodies
    4-not that i have seen but i might be wrong
    5-If youre making graphics for graal, they should have a black outline and the light source is in the top left. Be creative, dont be afraid to make mistakes. Try new stuff, have fun while doing it.
    6-you really just have to learn how to do it by actually doing it. i could tell you how i shade things but it probably wont be the best way for you to do it.

Delt Graphics Team

Quote Originally Posted by yaboilexon View Post
    1-Paint.net
    2-Shading is probably the hardest for beginners
    3-start off with either sprites, or heads and bodies
    4-not that i have seen but i might be wrong
    5-If youre making graphics for graal, they should have a black outline and the light source is in the top left. Be creative, dont be afraid to make mistakes. Try new stuff, have fun while doing it.
    6-you really just have to learn how to do it by actually doing it. i could tell you how i shade things but it probably wont be the best way for you to do it.
    Thanks so much that was really helpful!
    Im back IGN-JeremyDaCat If you need help on here or in game feel free to send a pm!
    “I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.”
    ― Charles de Lint

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakeob View Post
    So I am trying to get into graphics right now and I haven't seen a guide I liked yet so I thought if you guys could just answer a few questions that would be great! (I also made shells for the shell remodelling competition Page 10 I think and those were the first graphics I ever made lol). I wanna do things that are graal based too (Heads, Bodies, Shields or maybe other things.)

1. Whats a good free program I can use (Mac and pc)
    2. What are the easiest and harder/hardest problems I'm gonna face as a beginner
    3. What are a few things I can start making that are easy but will teach me about various things?
    4. Are there any good youtube tutorials?
    5. Any tips you guys wanna give me or advice?
    6. Easiest way to learn to shade or easiest method?

Then thats it! thanks for taking the time to answer if you did!
    1. GIMP
    2. Easy: Shading Hardest: creativity, i get frustrated when i want to make something but literally nothing comes to my mind cause i only think about things that have been already made
    3. Cubes and balls, with those you can practice shading
    4. Yes, search up a tutorial made by a youtuber by the username "BinOfTrash" she normally does drawing videos, but she does pixel art as well
    5. Do it constantly, the more frequently you do it the faster you'll learn and you'll get the hang of it quickly
    6. Take a flashlight and turn off the room's light, turn on the flashlight and aim it to your hand and notice how some areas are darker and those hit directly by light are lighter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

edit heads/bodys/hats/what u want in photoshop then u learn tools and things that will help u and u will be better with the time (my way)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crazycloud View Post
    1. GIMP
    2. Easy: Shading Hardest: creativity, i get frustrated when i want to make something but literally nothing comes to my mind cause i only think about things that have been already made
    3. Cubes and balls, with those you can practice shading
    4. Yes, search up a tutorial made by a youtuber by the username "BinOfTrash" she normally does drawing videos, but she does pixel art as well
    5. Do it constantly, the more frequently you do it the faster you'll learn and you'll get the hang of it quickly
    6. Take a flashlight and turn off the room's light, turn on the flashlight and aim it to your hand and notice how some areas are darker and those hit directly by light are lighter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    for me shading is hard and creativity is hard lol

Advice:Talk to Kendrick
    Lel

Shading tips
    https://www.era-go.com/vb5/forum/dev...ice-on-shading
    Check the Snk & Revenix (Kendrick) posts there
    Do not Open
     Spoiler

Disc: NCX#4821

Thanks everyone for the great tips! Right now I decided to work on a noob head with a few added things.
    ― Charles de Lint

Keep posting your graphics on the forums for help and guidance, it works!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakeob View Post
    Thanks everyone for the great tips! Right now I decided to work on a noob head with a few added things.
    thats the good and fun way to start just edit for fun