Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My progess!

Trash Pick My Noob head Art Progress!

So as Snk and Kendrick pointed out I should put my progress on a thread so I am! I am accepting all types of feedback and wana hear what you have to say! But don't be like "Thats absolute garbage get off the forums kid!" If you dont like it atleast tell me what I can improve on! Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Also My first attempt at shading even though it looks like a can of paint was thrown on! Capture.PNG
    Im back IGN-JeremyDaCat If you need help on here or in game feel free to send a pm!
    “I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.”
    ― Charles de Lint

1. Do GFX on PC, not iOS. Recipe for disaster
    2. Error in thread name, genius
    3. Shading is difficult, but imagine a sun on top of the player's head to paint an image of where darker colors and shadows should be.

I am on a pc though? Also I didn't understand how hard shading was till I tried but I think the shadows are kinda in the right places.
    Im back IGN-JeremyDaCat If you need help on here or in game feel free to send a pm!
    “I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.”
    ― Charles de Lint

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakeob View Post
    I am on a pc though? Also I didn't understand how hard shading was till I tried but I think the shadows are kinda in the right places.
    Wrong, it just looks like someone spilled spaghetti all over his face.

Try starting an object of your own to shade, from scratch. There's not much to do with a head that's already shaded.

I'm sorry. What is this? It's basically a noob head edit with a touch of brown on it. Jake, make something more... "unique". Start fresh. Start by scratch. It doesn't matter how bad it looks. Don't come here with this nonsense, having an edit head.

Use the noob head template, though.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

I just did a mini shading thing. So is this what the shading is generally supposed to be? Captureshadeball.PNG
    ― Charles de Lint

Quote Originally Posted by RazFace View Post
    come on , i know you can do much better
    I tried again and looks at some images for shading tips so is this better?
    Captureballshade.PNG
    Captureballshademini.PNG
    ― Charles de Lint

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakeob View Post
    I tried again and looks at some images for shading tips so is this better?
    Captureballshade.PNG
    Captureballshademini.PNG
    Your shading isn't visible. You are lowering the darkness 1 by 1 or something. For me, it looks like a simple red.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Your shading isn't visible. You are lowering the darkness 1 by 1 or something. For me, it looks like a simple red.
    Made the shadows darker and took away the grids
    Captureredballshade.PNGCaptureredballshasdemini.PNG
    ― Charles de Lint

try experimenting with different tools, i use the paintbrush tool for detail and effects, find your style then perfect it
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020