Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My progess!

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    try experimenting with different tools, i use the paintbrush tool for detail and effects, find your style then perfect it
    Paintbrushing? What the? No. This is pixel art, not plain paintbrush art. If you want to add detail and effect, add AA.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Nice - I can tell the shading. How are you finding it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Paintbrushing? What the? No. This is pixel art, not plain paintbrush art. If you want to add detail and effect, add AA.
    opaque paintbrush is good for achieving certain layers of detail and style. im not saying draw all your images with a paintbrush, im saying that using different tools can help achieve different effects.
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020

Quote Originally Posted by snk View Post
    Nice - I can tell the shading. How are you finding it?
    Im finding it really fun but may I ask what are some good skin tones (hex?) combo like the 0F284C thing.

Also can somebody give me a general next step?

- - - Updated - - -

Also another one this time blue and i made the highlight really pronounced and smoothed the shading out a little.
    Captureballshadeblue.PNG Captureballshadebluemini.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

I also made a sword right now but it exceeds my quota apparently ;-;
    Last edited by TheJakeob; 08-10-2016 at 08:58 PM.
    Im back IGN-JeremyDaCat If you need help on here or in game feel free to send a pm!
    “I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.”
    ― Charles de Lint

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakeob View Post
    Made the shadows darker and took away the grids
    Attachment 27695Attachment 27696
    Its too noticable it looks like a striped ball
    The shading has to be very light but not too unnoticable

Quote Originally Posted by Froz View Post
    Its too noticable it looks like a striped ball
    The shading has to be very light but not too unnoticable
    I softened it is it better now? I made it so the mini doesnt have any visible lies but darker on one side.
    CaptureBallShadeRedSofterGood.PNGCaptureBallShadeRedSofterGoodMini.PNG
    Im back IGN-JeremyDaCat If you need help on here or in game feel free to send a pm!
    “I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.”
    ― Charles de Lint

Quote Originally Posted by gabipants 2 View Post
    1. Do GFX on PC, not iOS. Recipe for disaster
    2. Error in thread name, genius
    3. Shading is difficult, but imagine a sun on top of the player's head to paint an image of where darker colors and shadows should be.
    iOS is great for gfx

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakeob View Post
    I am on a pc though? Also I didn't understand how hard shading was till I tried but I think the shadows are kinda in the right places.
    You are thinking about it too much, think of it as if light can't get there that's where shading should be

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    You are thinking about it too much, think of it as if light can't get there that's where shading should be
    Ok I made a sword that hast light factored but it only lets me put a small version not large.Firstswordmini.PNG
    ― Charles de Lint

Focus in fixing and improving one graphic at a time.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!