Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is mining a good way of making gralats?

cat supremacist Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    It takes a long time to make that method work.
    You have connections with Pokey, does she supply you with rocks/minerals?
    Could you be a high level?

Miner Extraordinaire
    Weird question. Pokey (me) doesn't supply anyone with rocks/minerals - you're free to buy em from me, like anyone else, at the trade tables. And even if I did supply anyone, it wouldn't change their level.

Going back to the original thread topic: If you stick with it, after about 18 months you can earn about 9K an hour mining- highest earning job in Graal. But... if all you are interested in is money.... in those 18 months for the same amount of effort you could have made a heck of a lot more making pizzas and I have not figured out how many 100's of thousands of rocks I would have to mine after hitting level 100 before I would break even from what I could have gotten from pizza.

If I calculated correctly and this information is accurate

Level: 99
    Rocks Needed: 10150
    Time per rock: 0.3 seconds
    Time to level up: 50 minutes, 45.0 seconds
    Time Taken: 8 weeks, 6 days, 5 hours,42 minutes, 30.0 seconds
    Your total rocks: 520000

Assuming that you make 1k an hour doing pizzas
    8 weeks 6 days 5 hours 42 minutes 30 seconds in hours is

1493.7083 hours, you would be able to make almost 3,000,000 gralats.
    Im not sure how many gralats will you get from 520k rocks.
    Mining will eventually become the more profitable job.
    Now for the break even part, if you were to continue mining until you broke even you will have to assume that you stop pizza'ing which can or cant be the case.
    I'll edit this later with both cases - one where you continue to pizza and one when you dont.
    Oh and if Pokey could provide an estimate for the amount of gralats you would get from 520k rocks and underestimate it abit that would be helpful.
    Last edited by leaf me alone; 10-11-2016 at 05:16 AM.

Miner Extraordinaire
    Pizza is 2-3k an hour. Rocks are ~4 gralats on average. Rock speed tops out at level 94.
    And you are using ideal times for mining against realistic rates for pizza.
    IGN: Pokey

Quote Originally Posted by PBNJ View Post
    Pizza is 2-3k an hour. Rocks are ~4 gralats on average. Rock speed tops out at level 94.
    And you are using ideal times for mining against realistic rates for pizza.
    I don't understand?
    I'm assuming that you work off all the hours, not how much you work daily.
    You mine for the same time you pizza

Mining is like a tycoon, you must work hard at first to later on receive good profit, is not a good job unless you are level 20+

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Miner Extraordinaire
    Level 20 is less than 600 gralats an hour, it's barely better than level 0. It's not a good job until you are around level 80.

Here's what I mean about all the money you could have earned with other jobs while you spent all the time mining to get up to level 100

If the other job pays 1000 gralats an hour by the time you reach level 100 mining you have made more money mining
    If the other job pays 1500 gralats an hour you have to mine another 49 hours (another 120,000 rocks) after reaching level 100 before the money made is equal
    If the other job pays 2000 gralats an hour you have to mine another 161 hours (another 480,000 rocks) after reaching level 100 before the money made is equal
    If the other job pays 2500 gralats an hour you have to mine another 290 hours (another 700,000 rocks) after reaching level 100 before the money made is equal
    If the other job pays 3000 gralats an hour you have to mine another 436 hours (another 1.1Million rocks) after reaching level 100 before the money made is equal

So if you are in it for the money, mining takes a long time to catch up to other jobs even if you reach the max speed at level 100.
    Mining starts out slow and until you reach level 80 is falling farther and farther behind what you could make in other jobs.
    IGN: Pokey