Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asi's Level thread

Banned

Asi's Level thread

This is my main thread for all my levels.

asi-house8.jpg

Will update as I work.

Here is a bar I just rushed, it is not finished as why the far right side is empty and the bartender area isn't done yet as well as tile mistakes.

asi-bar.jpg
    Last edited by AsiraderGraal; 09-05-2016 at 09:55 PM.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Nice to see you've gained an Interest in the best development known to Graal! (Leveling)
    I've circled a few minor mistakes, but it's still a Good level.

1) Tile Error: The Roofing is meant to join together here.
    2) Tile Error: (Same reason as 1)
    3) Tile Error: (Same reason as 1)
    4) Tile Error: (Same reason as 1)
    5) You used the wrong tile here, you did it well on the other side.
    6) Looks like you just placed pavement (Randomly), Try and make it regular.

Other Tips:

-Add more NPC's to your level: It looks kinda Bare and boring.
    -It's good to see that your level isn't a box shape like my first level, but investigate with other shapes.
    -LET your imagination gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    -The Porch idea at the top is good, but just add more pazam to it.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Don't forget to add detail in the front yard!
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    Nice to see you've gained an Interest in the best development known to Graal! (Leveling)
    I've circled a few minor mistakes, but it's still a Good level.

Yeah I did not know what to do with mistakes 1,2,3,4. Can you show me what I could have done because I don't know lol.

Yeah the level was just a basic one, I just wanted to design a simple house. Thanks for looking out for me though.

1) Tile Error: The Roofing is meant to join together here.
    2) Tile Error: (Same reason as 1)
    3) Tile Error: (Same reason as 1)
    4) Tile Error: (Same reason as 1)
    5) You used the wrong tile here, you did it well on the other side.
    6) Looks like you just placed pavement (Randomly), Try and make it regular.

Other Tips:

-Add more NPC's to your level: It looks kinda Bare and boring.
    -It's good to see that your level isn't a box shape like my first level, but investigate with other shapes.
    -LET your imagination gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    -The Porch idea at the top is good, but just add more pazam to it.
    Thanks Man, I still don't know how to join mistakes 1-4 though. Could you show me?

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Don't forget to add detail in the front yard!
    This level was supposed to be a basic house, however I appreciate you look out for me!

hwaryun
    Let Bulletzone already said, the corners of the houses do not match.

Also, I would like to see a more interesting looking balcony than the common ones you see nowadays.
    The railings that you put for the balcony imo are too thick and too dark and don't match the colors of the roof very well.

Street Boss Lieutenant Josh Graal's Avatar
    Just like my first level, the roof has multiple errors. I'd suggest walking around era and paying attention to how they use roof tiles, maybe even try replicating it to better understand how things go together! Play around, experiment! I'm excited to see more! (Also, if you're interested in using a server that you'd be free to level on just PM me and I'll get you added!)
    If you're looking for a playerworlds server to learn development on join: https://discord.gg/t62fnhn, no application needed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Graal View Post
    Just like my first level, the roof has multiple errors. I'd suggest walking around era and paying attention to how they use roof tiles, maybe even try replicating it to better understand how things go together! Play around, experiment! I'm excited to see more! (Also, if you're interested in using a server that you'd be free to level on just PM me and I'll get you added!)
    Thanks man, I'll see about that server - I am busy with some irl things but maybe =]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thyme View Post
    Let Bulletzone already said, the corners of the houses do not match.

Also, I would like to see a more interesting looking balcony than the common ones you see nowadays.
    The railings that you put for the balcony imo are too thick and too dark and don't match the colors of the roof very well.
    Thanks!

Check out my bar I just rushed, it is not finished, I had to rush it so that's why the far right is empty and there are tile mistakes.
    asi-bar.jpg
    Last edited by AsiraderGraal; 09-05-2016 at 09:54 PM.

hwaryun
    Quote Originally Posted by AsiraderGraal View Post
    Thanks man, I'll see about that server - I am busy with some irl things but maybe =]

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

Check out my bar I just rushed, it is not finished, I had to rush it so that's why the far right is empty and there are tile mistakes.
    asi-bar.jpg
    Alright, so I can see a few tile 'mistakes' besides the ones that you said you had to rush.

First off, I don't like how the doormat shadow is situated currently. I feel like you just placed shadows so that you can just create a 'consistent shadow line' of sorts.

Because you have your bar with 2 stories, shouldn't there be a shadow from the wall to downwards of the level for the 2nd row of chairs and tables?
    The wall next to those stairs is theoretically higher than all the "bottom" seats, so it should have shadows emanating from the base.

Just a few thoughts.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AsiraderGraal View Post
    Thanks Man, I still don't know how to join mistakes 1-4 though. Could you show me?

Bulletzone shall try and look for an example.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    Bulletzone shall try and look for an example.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
    Thanks