Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LebJoe's Levels Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    That's better but the windows are strange again, perhaps don't cut them off. Also the roof, there's no way to get on it not to mention it's rather narrow.

keep it up
    Thought the same while leveling, then said "Never mind, won't do it".

ljs_newlevel3.png
    Fixed it!
    LebJoe

Join Era GO Discord! Click here!
    Check my Graphics thread! Click here!
    Check my GANIs thread! Click here!

Don't forget to give me a +rep!

Find me on Discord or iPhone Era!

Street Boss Lieutenant Josh Graal's Avatar
    You're improving! Keep it up
    If you're looking for a playerworlds server to learn development on join: https://discord.gg/t62fnhn, no application needed.

Quote Originally Posted by LebJoe View Post
    Thought the same while leveling, then said "Never mind, won't do it".

ljs_newlevel3.png
    Fixed it!
    don't "Hide the windows" behind the walls, really doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Else than that the environment around the house is bland and generic, maybe make paths and garages?

So for the first level, the road leading into the building doesn't really make any sense so I would get rid of that and mabie replace it with a sidewalk or path. The front of the building looks nice but the back is kind of a mess, mabie dont do so many juts out of the back, a bit more flat.
    The second level the cliffs are too flat. Make sure you add a bit of natural spice to the cliffs, the grass also needs some add on's like tree's, mushrooms, etc. and mabie a path showing the house is used. Honestly I dont like how you have structured the house where its forwards back forwards back, It looks unordinary to me.

Good job so far on your first levels try to have some creativity in them though!
    Check Out My Levels: http://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30618

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    So for the first level, the road leading into the building doesn't really make any sense so I would get rid of that and mabie replace it with a sidewalk or path. The front of the building looks nice but the back is kind of a mess, mabie dont do so many juts out of the back, a bit more flat.
    The second level the cliffs are too flat. Make sure you add a bit of natural spice to the cliffs, the grass also needs some add on's like tree's, mushrooms, etc. and mabie a path showing the house is used. Honestly I dont like how you have structured the house where its forwards back forwards back, It looks unordinary to me.

Good job so far on your first levels try to have some creativity in them though!
    They're not really my "first levels" but some levels I've been doing for a server, don't judge about the grass and the water and the cliffs, I'm only talking about the house, the house and not what's around and next.

- - - Updated - - -

Also: I'm not great at outsides, reason I'm focusing on outsides, in order to improve.
    LebJoe

Quote Originally Posted by LebJoe View Post
    They're not really my "first levels" but some levels I've been doing for a server, don't judge about the grass and the water and the cliffs, I'm only talking about the house, the house and not what's around and next.

- - - Updated - - -

Also: I'm not great at outsides, reason I'm focusing on outsides, in order to improve.
    Well I mean the grass and cliffs sort of make the exterior of the house in some scenarios.... Just having the house sitting there is kind of ugly when you make it look nicer, plus if your doing this on a "server" Than you probably should fix up the overall outside of the levels.
    Check Out My Levels: http://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30618

Sky is right. A level consists of everything. House design, garden design, exterior and interior design, etc. It doesn't just focus on one main thing. When you make a level, you need the whole level to be good, not just a building.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Sky is right. A level consists of everything. House design, garden design, exterior and interior design, etc. It doesn't just focus on one main thing. When you make a level, you need the whole level to be good, not just a building.
    Wise words. I'd strongly advise that this advice be taken seriously.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Okay, fixed it on the server
    LebJoe