Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kid Friendly Option

Banned

Kid Friendly Option

I curse a lot, I think it's reasonable to do so as long as your at a reasonable age. Now I understand the game is for an immature audience, but if kids or parents are so against the cursing; why not have an option to completely censor out all the bad words and the evasion of them.

Why should the people who are allowed to freely curse be punished because of the sensitivity of little kids?

'Gameplay is subject to change during Online play'.
    Do you know what this means? This states that during the online game the rating can change on the variables of other users and their actions.

I was jailed for cursing three times in a 24 hour time period. I know I should stop cursing, but I'm not one to be submissive over BS. I don't agree with the system at all and how someone can be punished for saying 'fhuck' or 'bch' when it's the games fault for not censoring it. If you have a problem with the cursing and the players have problems with being punished with the fact that no side is going to stop, why not create a system where every word is censored for the people who choose it. Each word being blurred with '*'. When the option is unticked you can curse like a sailor.

Let's be real here, you little guys ranging from the 12-14 ages don't mind it, however I know your parents will. The parents won't mind it if it's censored.

The game's rating is obviously going to change if there is an interaction with an online experience, so why be resistant instead of resilient. Most teenagers from 15-19 ages are annoyed that it's blocked and I totally agree.

Give me some points on why you disagree with this and I'll be happy to state some points depending on your scenario.

Agreed.

Banned
    It's not only about saying bad words...

Disabling the swear filter would make room for a lot more fights.
    People would just casually insult each other, making Era a not-so-friendly place.

If you're unable to control yourself, better start working on that.
    Cursing is needed nowhere nor is it helpful.

Era-PC has a better community than iPhone and they swear a lot, lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    It's not only about saying bad words...

Disabling the swear filter would make room for a lot more fights.
    People would just casually insult each other, making Era a not-so-friendly place.

If you're unable to control yourself, better start working on that.
    Cursing is needed nowhere nor is it helpful.
    Cursing and fights are two different things.

I never said fighting or harassment should be legal.

You want to wonder why the age demograohic is so low is because this game makes it so kid friendly to the point where older people don't like how watered down it is.

The community is the most important part of the game, if kid's don't like it then don't take it out on the older ones.
    It's our game too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AsiraderGraal View Post
    older people don't like how watered down it is.
    Older people are normally mature - they don't have to curse/insult/use swear words at all.

Gameplay isn't affected by the swear filter either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Lucero View Post
    On Ol'West, it's not like swearing AT other players is tolerated anyways, no? That could be the case on iEra if a similar system/option were implemented.
    1) We're not Ol' West, we're Era. A difference like day and night - popularity-wise & gameplay-wise.

2) Your thought-process doesn't make sense there. If we allow swearing.. it would also cause a lot more fights to happen, as it's easier to swear. You can't find a "way around it" in each and every case.

One thing, is that swearing is just an expression to show that you're happy, sad or angry. It's only considered bad when used in public chat or by using it to attack another person.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

You don't need to swear to express yourself.

It's a little restricting but what do you expect, it's a game full of children so of course language has to be filtered.

Just make it like in ol west, there you can choose whether to censor bad words or not, to do so is the default option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Banned
    I think cursing should be punishable if deemed towards another person in a fighting manner.

Not when you openly say it.