View Poll Results: Is the music and sounds effects good or bad?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes to vote for good.

9 81.82%
  • No to vote for bad.

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iCandy Soprano's SFX

Post iCandy Soprano's SFX

Hey everyone,

I've made some music and sound effects that may or may not go into graal? Not sure?
    But I like the sound of it.
    Hope everyone likes it?
    Please tell me what you think of it. A poll will be added so you can say yes or no if you like it or not.

Working my way towards SFX. I would love to be one. I have applied. Good luck for everyone who has applied.

Thanks.

Here are the links to the music and sound effects:

https://instaud.io/wKa

https://instaud.io/wKc

https://instaud.io/wKe

Enjoy!

From iCandy Soprano.

I really like the second one but it ends too fast. It seems to not fit Eras theme.. Try something more traditional, with pianos or a similar instrument.

Big Cheese Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    I really like the second one but it ends too fast. It seems to not fit Eras theme.. Try something more traditional, with pianos or a similar instrument.
    Agreed. I feel as if the song cuts off at the climax, or when things are starting to get interesting. As a beginner, it is important to power through this and continue your songs, by reaching the climax and 'releasing tension/uneasiness' (because that's what make songs interesting and catchy, the flow between tension and resolution).
    iEra Developer / SFX Admin

Need help? Contact me:
    Email: [email protected]

Banned
    No disrespect, but to me it sounds like you used a track program and these sound effects are not created by you.
    However, if you managed to create all this - good job.

Do you mind showing me your DAW so I can see how you did all of this?

Also how many decibels do you try to aim for?

Is that third link supposed to be a sound effect? It doesn't sound like much, listen to mine for an example: https://soundcloud.com/user-704774678/sets/sfx-82416
    Last edited by AsiraderGraal; 09-14-2016 at 12:52 AM.

Banned
    Icandy like Imask said you need to add something interesting, I do suggest going and listening to old school beats from 1980-2000 to get an idea of old school instrumentals from back in the day as it might help you get that excitement and climax added too your beats, this is coming from a part time music producer,
    don't get me wrong the second link is good but try not to cut off the beat in the middle and lower it to a small tone as it won't get anyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by iMask View Post
    Agreed. I feel as if the song cuts off at the climax, or when things are starting to get interesting. As a beginner, it is important to power through this and continue your songs, by reaching the climax and 'releasing tension/uneasiness' (because that's what make songs interesting and catchy, the flow between tension and resolution).
    Here's one of my beats I had created 2 years ago take a listen

Quote Originally Posted by Lotzy View Post
    Icandy like Imask said you need to add something interesting, I do suggest going and listening to old school beats from 1980-2000 to get an idea of old school instrumentals from back in the day as it might help you get that excitement and climax added too your beats, this is coming from a part time music producer,
    don't get me wrong the second link is good but try not to cut off the beat in the middle and lower it to a small tone as it won't get anyone interested.

Here's one of my beats I had created 2 years ago take a listen

I really like that, it would also fit Era, more please.

Banned
    I really like that, it would also fit Era, more please.
    I'd make beats for Era if they actually paid me as you see I can make a 5 minute song and have it sold for a couple hundred $$$

I also know Era don't wanna hire me

Quote Originally Posted by Lotzy View Post
    I'd make beats for Era if they actually paid me as you see I can make a 5 minute song and have it sold for a couple hundred $$$

I also know Era don't wanna hire me
    Would you do it for free though?

Banned
    Would you do it for free though?

I could do it for free depending on what type of beats/music era wanted from me, and how much they needed, but with all honesty I really could make Era back how it should be with Ghetto old school beats

Only problem is I do NOT do sound effects

Hey guys,

Thanks for giving me all feedback on that. I really appreciate it.
    Btw i actually made it myself just didn't know what to do after it for the 2nd one.
    Also is it bad if it takes me 15 mins to create a 1-2 min song? It took me that long to make
    All of the stuff. Hopefully that isn't too long to make a song? I want to thank iMask especially for your
    Feedback thanks.
    Well I will get the rest of the 2nd song fixed up and also make another new one. Then could you guys give me feedback?
    That would be good.

One last thing I'd like to say is: could this have real potential for an SFX admin?
    And if I applied for SFX. Can I apply again with an updated version?

From iCandy Soprano.