Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: IP's

IP's

Is spreading peoples IP's in game illegal?
    Last edited by idlE9; 09-19-2016 at 02:45 AM.
    Do or do not; there is no try

Is spreading IP's illegal? Can you be a bit more specific? You make it sound as if IP's is a disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Is spreading IP's illegal? Can you be a bit more specific? You make it sound as if IP's is a disease.
    No I'm not mate, let me dumb it down "is telling other peoples IP's ingame illegal?"

noobiepie
    Yes, it can contain a punishment if a staff member see's it. If they didn't and you have proof email a staff member or send a ticket.
    If they spread it to players it can be considered hacking because they can DDOS or DOX you. Be weary of websites where you need to post your information
    and never give people your Skype/Email to people unless you're CERTAIN .

Quote Originally Posted by hayr View Post
    Yes, it can contain a punishment if a staff member see's it. If they didn't and you have proof email a staff member or send a ticket.
    If they spread it to players it can be considered hacking because they can DDOS or DOX you. Be weary of websites where you need to post your information
    and never give people your Skype/Email to people unless you're CERTAIN .
    Sent emails to Ace, He didnt take it serious. Sent a ticket 10 days ago, no answer

noobiepie
    Quote Originally Posted by idlE9 View Post
    Sent emails to Ace, He didnt take it serious. Sent a ticket 10 days ago, no answer
    Well, tell a SPR or PR in game I hope we can solve the problem of you and getting your IP spread,
    its well illegal and has punishments.

Quote Originally Posted by hayr View Post
    Well, tell a SPR or PR in game I hope we can solve the problem of you and getting your IP spread,
    its well illegal and has punishments.
    PR's told me to file a ticket or message ace, did both. Either no answer, or nothing that helped.

Ex. Player Relations Admi RenoDorvay's Avatar
    If you believe that your IP address is being spread by staff and you believe that the staff members are not handling your case with respect I would recommend trying to contact snk directly and if that doesn't work and your IP is still being spread around you could try contacting someone from Toonslab support, though they would probably direct you to the Era staff
    Legal threats should go through the support center.

Ex. iEra Player Relations Admin - Oceania/Asia. 2011-2017.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RenoDorvay View Post
    If you believe that your IP address is being spread by staff and you believe that the staff members are not handling your case with respect I would recommend trying to contact snk directly and if that doesn't work and your IP is still being spread around you could try contacting someone from Toonslab support, though they would probably direct you to the Era staff
    Its being spread by a player.

Ex. Player Relations Admi RenoDorvay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idlE9 View Post
    Its being spread by a player.
    Unless the player is a real 'hacker' they can't get your IP (even if they got it through a program they probably won't know what to do with it anyway) so they're probably liars, if you have been really hacked there's little the staff can do
    Legal threats should go through the support center.

Ex. iEra Player Relations Admin - Oceania/Asia. 2011-2017.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain