Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Improvable Happiness

Banned

Improvable Happiness

This isn't your classic thread to bring back dropping without any reasonings. I know there are problems with dropping and thus why it was taken away.

However, I see people requesting dropping back all the time.

Trade Tables

I think these have absolutely ruined the trading community. I am not sure if you were around when dropping was, but it was actually really fun - everyday it got me motivated to play the game.

I think trade tables have ruined the game because now there is no accountability on a player's behalf, nor is there any fun in it.
    I know it is morally wrong to scam, but I think we can all agree that getting an item free is a lot better than paying for it.

This thread isn't to get rid of trade tables, it is to keep them. However, I think that there need to be some new regulations to add some spice to trading market.

I am sick and tired of prices on items fluctuating up and down when there are really no factors that people use to base an item's value.

Graal's market is not necessarily based off supply and demand like the real world, sure people prefer umbrellas over a rare flower, but if you really pay attention to how the market works here; you would be surprised on how your perspective would change.

An item's value in Era changes on what a player wants it to be, 'that sword is worth 10,000 shells but I will say it's worth 2000 to make my item look better.'
    This is how things are run in this game and no one likes it.

I want to introduce some kind of market system that uses certain variables to calculate what an item is worth.

Variables would include but are not limited to:
    - # of item in game.
    - Damage wise
    - Abilities

This would clear getting ripped off and making it a more friendly environment for trading, that is what this game wants because of the 'kids' right?.
    Trade tables are a great concept in your head but overall if you look at the outcome and what's happened to once a great market game has turned into chaos.

I think I am going to list my opinion on something else too, as I have vented quite a bit already, I might as well.

For those idiots who don't know this yet,

Houses are useless

- Parties
    Parties are completely stupid! Let's be real, IF you go and decide to check out the party you will leave after 2 minutes after you've seen everything.

- Waste of money
    No one really cares what furniture you have as they depict no value to change your character's characteristics whatsoever. I don't care about your giant space man. It's cool I guess but can it kill people? Can it make you do anything special? No.

- Spar Tourney
    This is actually cool, however repetitive when people host it 24/7 then they don't host it when you want them to. If the development team had any sense of idea of what the community would want it would be to create a public tourney, one for fun unlike the one for an EC at the Event House.

Dropping
    Back to a main topic, you cannot drop. I don't know why it was taken away, was it duplicating? Seems like it's possible to evade that...
    This actually had a purpose to the game as trusted members of the society would host trades and mini games inflicting your win or loss. The half class gambling in this game was extremely fun.

Perhaps make it so any item worthy of a high amount of value cannot be traded at the trade tables and can only be dropped. This would create a whole controversy and over all it's fun to do this. I don't like having to use shells as a currency for items nor I don't know why we are able to trade them.

We can agree that shells are the currency for items, right?

Well it is called Trade Tables not Buy Tables. It is meant so we can trade an item for another item.

Now you may ask well, 'Isn't trochus considered an item for an item'? No, trochus is the money we use for items.
    I don't want the 'No'. If you disagree / agree I want evidence added onto why you think so based off your opinion

I am expecting shifty opinions on this.

Thank you, have a nice day.
    Last edited by AsiraderGraal; 09-23-2016 at 12:52 AM.

WE ARE IN THE MEME Pootis Heavy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AsiraderGraal View Post
    Now you may ask well, 'Isn't trochus considered an item for an item'? No, trochus is the money we use for items.
    I don't want the 'No'. If you disagree / agree I want evidence added onto why you think so based off your opinion

Thank you, have a nice day. [/CENTER]
    Even though we use shells as a currency, it is still an item in-game which you can trade. Which why you wouldn't be able to trade gralats.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootis Heavy View Post
    Even though we use shells as a currency, it is still an item in-game which you can trade. Which why you wouldn't be able to trade gralats.
    I consider an item one to be which does a certain action, like a trash pick. What does a dollar do? What does a trochus do?

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    The price fluctuating is the fun part o.O Its like stock market, buy when its cheap sell when its high. The more tro you have, the more opportunities you have. I like trade tables.

I know a lot of people who got scammed from drop trades, people just speed hack.
    *Edit Unfortunately I know a lot of people who got scammed by glitched tables too though =x
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

WE ARE IN THE MEME Pootis Heavy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AsiraderGraal View Post
    I consider an item one to be which does a certain action, like a trash pick. What does a dollar do? What does a trochus do?
    A trochus's action is to be sold for gralats, however we still use it for currency.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootis Heavy View Post
    A trochus's action is to be sold for gralats, however we still use it for currency.
    Thus why it isn't an item that should be used as a vendor in a 'Trade' Table.

Quote Originally Posted by tristanfosho View Post
    The price fluctuating is the fun part o.O Its like stock market, buy when its cheap sell when its high. The more tro you have, the more opportunities you have. I like trade tables.

I know a lot of people who got scammed from drop trades, people just speed hack.
    *Edit Unfortunately I know a lot of people who got scammed by glitched tables too though =x
    Speed hack? Whenever people would drop they would be divided into barriers.

I only saw a couple drop trades because they were friends of mine, a long time ago, and the one backstabbed the other and we didn't use barriers both dropped and ran towards the others item, but suddenly he moved fast enough to grab both.

PR had been monitoring drop trades so it would be fair, this became a hassle for staff members which i believe is why tables were made.

14 years ago there was a simple program for pc users to wall hack, im sure there is still some lingering around somewhere.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Spoiler

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tristanfosho View Post
    I only saw a couple drop trades because they were friends of mine, a long time ago, and the one backstabbed the other and we didn't use barriers both dropped and ran towards the others item, but suddenly he moved fast enough to grab both.

PR had been monitoring drop trades so it would be fair, this became a hassle for staff members which i believe is why tables were made.

14 years ago there was a simple program for pc users to wall hack, im sure there is still some lingering around somewhere.
    Well hacking is a whole another issue.

PR's never monitored trades, lol.

I myself personally patch the wall hacks in game or any hacks for that matter, via communication with snk.

Frame Rate hacking is something snk and I are working on.

Why dont they just bring dropping back and leave the trade tables also. That way anyone afraid to get scammed can use the tables. Everyone wants dropping back and its sad how nobody is ever really heard, and to think we spend money on this game, i think everyone deserves to have some kind of influence to the game. PS: most things in graal era are useless. the only good things are items, guns, and hats.

My opinion will always be bias towards tables because ive made a decent amount of profit standing around doing nothing compared to the hours I wasted shoveling.

I dont understand why you would want drop trades other than to scam.

Spoiler