Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Short Story: I Fell in Love in a Golden Field

Happier, gratefully. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar

Short Story: I Fell in Love in a Golden Field

I couldn't have been any older than your average third, fourth, or fifth grader, my mind and body far from developed with a sense of openness never to follow me from the school I had known for the majority of my prepubescent life. I was a loud kid, everyone's friend but at the same time a force not to be trifled with. I was different from the other children, with a mind more mature and a body far more easily controlled, giving lectures to my fellow students about the importance of life on the planet whilst consoling the frightful attitudes of those threatened by the occasional end-of-the-world scares we got back in day as little gullibles. At the same time, I was the comedian of the class. I had no qualms about getting up to present a project, and even less issue with cracking jokes in the most serious of situations. I laughed at sorrow, spit in the face of opposition, and conveyed with words the ideas my hands couldn't get across.

But she knew how I really felt.

The day was all but dismal, the clear blue sky and vibrant swirling sun overhead a heavy compliment to the golden grass tickling my arms as I stepped through the abnormally appearing playground field. I was the only one, alone in a sea of tall, shimmering turf, my arms swaying gently at my sides as the gentle breeze pressed grass blades against the exposed muscles of my body. My fingers touched and felt the lustrous pasture at their leisure, the intricate indentations of my palms tingling as the tips of each individual strand painted a story never to be recalled upon recollection of the event. It was during this wave of sensations that I realized my body bare, devoid of a single article of dress, the none-discreet areas of my person enchanted with each step through the blessed thicket of glistening greenery. The peace I felt was only matched by the loneliness weighing me down in my travels, the beauty of the field I had found myself in masked by fear of isolation, that nobody was to join me in the resplendent meadow I so recently began to enjoy.

And then I saw her.

Form akin to only a goddess' unparalleled physique, she stood just as confused but enriched as I with a sense of poise overwhelming. Body mature and exposed, she looked upon me without shame nor disgust, her every curve and cranny confronting me with confidence as we seemed to draw to one another. Her pale skin, flowing hair, and aged body contrasted heavily with my darker tone, short cut, and underdeveloped anatomy, and yet we walked together as though we were the same being. We laughed with one another without speaking, confided in each other without fear, and shared a dauntless trust without so much as knowing the other person's name. I knew not if she felt the same, but could understand without question my feelings for her were far beyond that associated with a mere acquaintance. Her voice brought me to tears, her eyes reached places even the most omnipotent of hands could not, and her touch sent me into a spiral of emotions I would have imagined inconceivable before our encounter. She told me of my flaws, and I told her of hers, and before long we agreed that one would make up for the others' shortcomings. For each joke I used to cope with reality, she would console me from within, for each enemy I faced, she would support my resolve, and for each soul I saved, she would dedicate her own to mine.

But it was not to last.

We allowed the gilded grass to swallow us, our barren bodies lying casually beside one another as her heart beat quickened to match my own. Unwilling to leave her side, I disclosed to her of my affections, her reaction neither drastic nor lackluster as she turned to face me with the hypnotic gaze I so longed for. The heat of her delicate breaths suppressed that of the sun, her body a natural, graceful allure as she turned to roll on top of me. Before I knew it, our bodies were one, her face closing to mine as the flares from above became unbearable. Her lips were like the wildfire, the enticing heat of her passion melting our world without mercy, my own self disintegrating with the golden field as I awoke, alone and cold within the depths of a cave. I shivered, body bare and soul broken, only to be reborn in one last, loving embrace; her image forever etched into my memory as my eyes snapped open.

Just as soon as she came, my first love had vanished, never to be seen by me again.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^Based on a dream I had when I was in 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade. I remember a lot of the things I see when I close my eyes, but this is one thing that has always stuck with me.

Also, these new emojis are hella adorable
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

'Little did they know I was born for the role.'"

;-;

well that was good, you gave me chills dude

New to Era-Go? PM me.
    Ill do my best to answer any inquiry.

Soldier
    Wow that's good and LIKE sad:,(

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    That is an amazing peace of writing.
    It's so deep when you read into the lines and I hope you put some thought into this, otherwise I'd be amazed about what you can do it you actually did.
    Keep on writing!
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Thanks all for the positive feedback ^_^
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

Deep dude keep writing stories I would love to read more from u.

(Not too sad pls ;( )
    Just an average player :P

Quote Originally Posted by SPAZZ321 View Post
    Deep dude keep writing stories I would love to read more from u.

(Not too sad pls ;( )
    Was this sad? I'm sorry if so

And I plan to, thanks for the positive feedback ^_^

Banned
    <3 beautiul but...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGraal View Post
    <3 beautiul but...
    Hell, I'll take the compliment. Thanks!

Excellent job mate! I too do recall dreams that i often wish to write about but never seem to dedicate the time as i feel that it would be pointless to go back to a place of dreams only to return back to what we call reality. I can tell that you fear being alone, perhaps you're even surrounded by people but feel alone all the same as you could never possible establish a deep bond with these individuals, dreadful really, when you think that you've possibly found you're eternal companion only to realize it was all a dream.. I wish i could back, are everyone's last thought i think. I suppose i've digressed, good read! Thanks for the story.