Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Era Newspaper is a joke now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrserious777 View Post
    The newspaper gave bug problems? Also i thought there was a team dedicated to making newspapers? I can only come to one conclusion... they lost members, hence why i said they should be hiring more then..
    We only contribute and create the content in certain categories. With that said, we already have enough members as a whole. The only problem is that we can't really move forward without Scripters to provide our needs.

Quote Originally Posted by AsiraderGraal View Post
    A whole team dedicated to something that requires so much effort yet no one really cares about.

200 views a newspaper.
    Like I said in the other thread, the newspaper is in a website. Therefore, there was drastic decrease of viewers. Actually it used to have thousands when they were in-game. (Count how many people has newspapers) And 250-500+ viewers is still a lot. Those are mainly forumers I guess.
    Last edited by Zed; 09-27-2016 at 12:20 AM.
    Ex. Player Relations
    Ex. Newspaper Staff

Aviation
    Airline Pilot Dream

I don't think it's fair to call Era Newspaper a joke, it's a great way to learn about new updates and other goings in Era. It's news, after all. The only problem is the execution, and I don't think anyone is at fault.

Era Newspaper is run by volunteers, mind you.

As Anero said..

The majority of iEra are High Schoolers or Middle Schoolers. Honestly, not a lot of high schoolers have a lot of time for scripting. If they wanted more scripters, they would have to hire them, professional ones. I doubt Unixmad wants to give his bread money for some lousy game that powers his empire.

One leaves, two comes.

Patience. Staffs, in general, of iEra slowly gain knowledge of scripting if they're up for it. Soon, those loyal staffs will become scripters. Just a wild guess.

Mate, you know 0.1% of the whole story and you're complaining like a little boy.
    It's not easy to just hire scripters, not to mention that everyone has a life outside of a game.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

Big Cheese
    I don't play graal that often anymore however i got some ideas for example they could have debates on certain things on the forums then put on the newspaper, tbh I don't even really remember whats in the newspaper I only really read it one time when it was like released or something however it would be cool to read it if it was actually treated like a newspaper, have a trading section, mention the lottery, etc...
    If you'd like to contact me:
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    Shouldn't they hire more scripters?

When I read that... of course we would - if we could.
    There are just barely any scripters out there these days.

Most G-Scripters retired & don't have time.
    It's hard to find trusted, experienced scripters who are willing to commit the time required.
    Oh okay i see now, thanks for clearing that up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AsiraderGraal View Post
    A whole team dedicated to something that requires so much effort yet no one really cares about.

200 views a newspaper.
    Hmmm good point, they might as well take it off as a whole then.

Quote Originally Posted by mrserious777 View Post
    Hmmm good point, they might as well take it off as a whole then.
    That would be disappointing, news is the only way I keep up with the recent updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ace View Post
    I don't think it's fair to call Era Newspaper a joke, it's a great way to learn about new updates and other goings in Era. It's news, after all. The only problem is the execution, and I don't think anyone is at fault.

Era Newspaper is run by volunteers, mind you.
    Well i did say "NOW" i used to enjoy the papers, maybe not as much but i did love them. The reason i say its a joke now is because few people will view it now since you can only read it on the forums and therefore i believe it is pointless now, they might as well get rid of it as it is only an encumbrance to them in my eyes.. an encumbrance that is not worth the struggle or effort.

Ex. Player Relations Admi RenoDorvay's Avatar
    The newspaper is bad-*** and it's a shame to see complaints

On a related note:
    I've been thinking about using my graalcentral.com domain for a Graal-wide newspaper/magazine (with a focus on Era and Classic) in PDF form with coverage of events and information from all the iServers and a featured playerworld section and stuff like that.
    If you think this is a good idea and you want to start something or contribute send me a PM.
    + points if you're good at design.
    Legal threats should go through the support center.

Ex. iEra Player Relations Admin - Oceania/Asia. 2011-2017.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoDorvay View Post
    The newspaper is bad-*** and it's a shame to see complaints

On a related note:
    I've been thinking about using my graalcentral.com domain for a Graal-wide newspaper/magazine (with a focus on Era and Classic) in PDF form with coverage of events and information from all the iServers and a featured playerworld section and stuff like that.
    If you think this is a good idea and you want to start something or contribute send me a PM.
    + points if you're good at design.
    ++++++++++++rep